Notices

One Year & Over Part 52

Old 08-17-2017, 10:05 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Toots,
I'm in a similar apathetic funk. I lost another big post the day after my last a week ago and just haven't the energy to waste on catching up. I have a web page dedicated to Glen Campbell and it is wonderful. Not doing much. I finally got two pair of eclipse glasses, but instead of getting the fifth wheel RV ready and checked out last week I am getting the spare tire replaced tomorrow and then need to run the rig down to have a second tire replaced and both new put on the same axle. I am amazed that I set myself up to fail on an easy project that has been on the back burner too long.

Toots, we have the inherited property almost ready for sale, the inside painting was done last Sunday and the all new carpet installed yesterday. The day before we found a toilet leaking and instead of getting my back hurt again hired a plumber and found the water trap area that stays filled and is the seal between inside and sewer gas was cracked. one new toilet later and the carpet almost done yesterday and the 6'4" Plumber's helper broke the kitchen swag lamp on a chain with his head. He was fine - the lamp destroyed. The plumber has one just like it and asked if we wouldn't mind used but better looking than the one his helper broke. My wife told him that would be just fine. It took me a week to get new windshield wipers installed after I bought them.
I don't know if it is just the high heat and humidity wearing me down or what. Eye surgeries all done for now. So instead of having the rig ready for a once in a lifetime total eclipse I am feeling like giving up, but will go through the motions and maybe get us all there safely.
I think finding yourselves spending money on what the last owner ripped out perhaps triggered the blahs from accepting when we really want to commit physical abuse on them!!

Dee, yer welcome!

Everybody have a great day, even if the great snake or wolf is not devouring the sun in your area.

Suze, I think you've connected what happened by now that I posted about.

Andy good to see you hanging in there, Sass, PJ, Gil, IP and Star glad y'all are better.

Mags dear,
You bring a smile to my face when you don't even realize that your press on attitude and grace under pressure warms the cockles of our hearts, much like Suze can feel like a warm velvet lap blanket.

i may be quieter but I'm here. I'm no longer sober as a label. I'm just living a good life. It so happens I prefer not to drink alcoholic beverages. But I am past defining myself by alcohol, or its absence. I'll always be a non drinker. Just my choice no more important than my lifelong avoidance of taking opioid pain meds, only my NSAIDS. Never had a problem with them, and now see how much worse they are than alcohol.

I am pretty sure my apathy is frustration at how our infant at the helm is still there. And how many believe him. Bear in mind I served to protect what's being put at risk, for 27 years. I stand with our joint chiefs. Impeachment papers got proposed today. Maybe it's not apathy. I think I'm just mentally holding my breath in suspense and disbelief.
nite.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:41 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad you are doing well Drake!

I agree with your sentiments Itchy. I think I would have found it very difficult to stop drinking if I had tried to start with Orange 45.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:21 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Whoa! SG, that thought is scary!
Old 08-18-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks for all the kind words. The back is much better. This morning, I took my first walk since Sunday and it felt great!

IP, how was the Petty concert? He's one of my all-time faves.

Itch, thanks for checkin' in. Are you traveling to view the eclipse?

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 08-18-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Itch, I completely agree with a lot of what you said, especially how Mags and Suze leave me feeling.

Hi Drake, great to see you!

IP, wish I had been there to hear Tom Petty.

Hi to all on this POETS Day
Old 08-18-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi, Sass et al!

I'm sorry you're down, Itch.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good afternoon Overs.

Suze, squoosh delivered, Mrs T says thank you.

We're off to visit my folks.

Have a good one everyone.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

hope everyone is ok in overville

just a quick hello
Old 08-18-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Inpar, how was Petty? My friend saw him a few weeks back and said it was a great show. It is amazing how many hits he has had since my high school days in the late 1970's!

Hoping that I can wrap up tonight's shift by 1:00am because then I am officially on vacation. This is the only full week of vacation I take on a yearly basis. It's no wonder that I roughly have twelve weeks of vacation backed up in my account. Thankfully, time just keeps rolling over. I think that I will just retire early, lol!

Best wishes for a good day all!
Old 08-18-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Glad you are doing well Drake!

I agree with your sentiments Itchy. I think I would have found it very difficult to stop drinking if I had tried to start with Orange 45.
Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Whoa! SG, that thought is scary!
I am lost guys.....what is Orange 45?

s ♥
Old 08-18-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Oh I love you guys.....just by the way.

Itchy ~ are you at home today love and if so do you have time for me to call you?
Old 08-18-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Have not had the time to check out the Gloxinia pics Venus, are they on this thread?
Old 08-18-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am lost guys.....what is Orange 45?

s ♥
Trump (45th US President)
Old 08-18-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
Have not had the time to check out the Gloxinia pics Venus, are they on this thread?
This is the second plant....the flower opened yesterday.

The purple one opened a little while back...

Old 08-18-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Trump (45th US President)
Thank you.

And thank you dearest Sass.

Guys.....Nick and I are getting married on September 23rd.
At Scioto River, outside, late afternoon.
It will be small, but there is plenty of room for anyone who can come....if you feel like a trek to Columbus in Spring, we would very much love you to be there. ♥

Anyway, I am very happy. I also know what it means to be a nervous bride now.... how on earth am I going to do all of this without any female help? I have a little....I have made friends with a few girls here, but they are not you guys, they are not 'family'.

I have to find something to wear, and I have to do it in a city where I know nothing about the good places to shop. Plus I'm not driving yet. So this is going to be challenging.

We do challenging well, right? Sure. So I can do this.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Such lovely flowers Venus! And CONGRATS!
Old 08-18-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Without getting political I just want to say I have a great faith in the American nation, the institution of its government and the principles on which both were founded.

I also have a respect for the American people and their never die spirit.

Like Ben Franklin said we must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately....

it will all be OK in the end - if it's not ok., it's not the end

D

Last edited by Dee74; 08-18-2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 08-18-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations Suze and Nick, how exciting! I can't be there in person, unfortunately, but I will be with you in spirit on 23 September, at Scioto River. ❤️
Suze, I'm sure you'll find the perfect clothes for your wedding, I can just see you now.

Hiya Drake

Itchy, you say the nicest things.....and I get you about 'no longer sober as a label'. I agree.

Inpar, hope you enjoyed Tom Petty concert.

its only just gone 1 am. I slept earlier and now I'm awake! Think I'll soon get back to sleep though.

I'll catch up with everyone later, take care.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

congrats Suze!!
Old 08-18-2017, 09:35 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Re-Member

hey guys,
just lost a catch up when instead of scrolling down the privacy policy popped up and when I clicked back it was gone.

Dee purrfect, Thanks

Suze call me.

Glad all feel better. I'm better since deciding we are not traveling. I can watch the full one on TV, we get a 90% eclipse here. I got glasses.

Hey Drake!

I was trying to copy the post just in case, then "poof" I have no problems with any other website.