Administrator

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 10

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-20.html

D
Old 06-24-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yippee a new thread!
Yes Dee I thought the same at the time. When we got to the bars it felt a bit like I was playing with fire and it's unnerved me a little. Won't be doing that again for some time. Thanks for the new thread! ❤❤❤
Old 06-25-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee and of course for always being a warm, caring, insightful part of our group
I love me a shiny new thread! It's chock full of possibilities, a blank page in which we determine our course with a steel resolve and log our journey; sharing our growth, setbacks, insights, and successes. We uplift and encourage each other to journey on and we share the day to day plodding along of our sober lives. Each new thread bring on a wave of gratitude for me. For all of you folks! You're all very much apart of my heart, an extended family, thank you for that. I wouldn't be sober today without each of you and of course without SR.
Jo-I'm glad you made it through without drinking and yes, I think getting through sober is the point. The cravings, the nagging AV-I think they will always be there to an extent. With time though they fade into whispers and get mixed up in the background noise. You're aware of their presence but they're easily dismissed as the conversations roll on. Right now they're still harboring in the forefront of your mind and they're much louder, much harder to ignore. So yes, maybe it was too much, too soon. It was overwhelming and it made you uneasy, but you made it through sober, you learned something, and you shared with us your struggle openly and honestly-and that's what it's all about. Proud of you for sticking to your guns!
Wishing everyone a Happy Sunday Funday! Not much on tap here. Maybe a little cleaning, a little relaxing, and a little sunshine....it's been raining so much here I haven't had the proper time to work on my tan! Hope you made it in safe Elke!
Old 07-04-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy fourth everyone!
Old 07-04-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great day all who celebrate the 4th

D
Old 07-05-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi all! Hope everyone is well. Must admit I've been a little out of sorts the last week or 2. I think it's facing life and what kind of person I am at the moment that I'm finding hard. I've got to the point where I'm not obsessing about drink much at all so that's got to be good. But goodness me I've got so far to go in terms of recovery and maturity. In fact the longer I am sober the more I realise quite how far I still have to go. Good job I'm realising it slowly or else I may never had started this journey it'd have been too overwhelmimg. Finding balance is so hard. I'm either full on into work or the kids or recovery or chores. Or doing nothing at all. Plus don't get me started on the snacking I'm doing! My brain still really really wants instant pleasure fixes. Sugar, caffeine, nicotine. Ugh it's just like drinking behaviour. But I'm not drinking. Anyway that's where I am. Still very much at the beginning but at least I'm not hiding from life in a bottle. 3 weeks until the school summer break starts so that's a routine change. Plan Plan Plan!
Take care all ❤❤❤
Old 07-05-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

All we can do is live life one day at a time Jo...try not to worry too much - staying sober was the main task for me for a while..

even if it may not seem like it right now, everything else pretty much fell into place behind that after a while. I think you're doing great

D
Old 07-05-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
All we can do is live life one day at a time Jo...try not to worry too much - staying sober was the main task for me for a while..

even if it may not seem like it right now, everything else pretty much fell into place behind that after a while. I think you're doing great

D
Thank you Dee that means a lot
Old 07-05-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ok, I'm in a way people. I drank. Family wheels are coming off the wagon, son relapsed, lost his job, threatened to kill himself, no one could find him, and something in my brain cracked right on the spot. We happened to be in a restaurant when the call came through and I calmly walked back to the table and ordered a beer. My husband's jaw dropped. I polished off the beer and proceeded to drink several more. That was a week ago. Then last night I had a beer......told hubs I just don't see the point in being completely sober right now. AV is going crazy, anxiety is through the roof. What have I done? Trying to talk myself out of a glass of wine. God I hate myself right now.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Damn it has been a while. I have been crazy busy at work. We restructured Compliance and Operations, so now I have a lot more on my plate. Its all good, but there is a lot to be done and to learn!!!!!
Hope all of you are doing well. I read some of the posts, but not all.
Sim--- ughhhhhhhhhh. Sorry to hear about things....... hang in there tho. Don't hate yourself-- things just got real for you, and we did what we know to do when that happens. You will do the right thing, and you know it.
I cant say that I have been sober either, the temptation and AV reared its ugly head at Summerfest-- thought I could go to the P!NK concert and just have water. Well, that didn't happen. Felt like absolute hell the next day and that did it for me. I will say, that even tho the cold beer tasted good, I don't have a desire to start the madness all over again.
Anyways, here I am.............
Hope you are all doing well,and I will check in and post more often,
All my love-
Camery
Old 07-06-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Sim))) it's just so damned difficult sometimes to find another way to cope when everything just gets too HARD isn't it? The brain is wired to run away and for us that means just one thing. Alcohol. I hope you find a way to get through what must have been an awful time with your son and everything. Gutted for you sweetheart. You are made of truly strong stuff Sim and I know you'll get back to sobriety very soon. It's just too important to let slip.
Hugs all round I think! ❤❤❤
Old 07-06-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Camery!
Old 07-06-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 1
Old 07-06-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Day 1
Proud of you Sim xxx
Old 07-07-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I was surprised how easy it was to find you guys after all this time! Dee74 sure does keep things organized around here (you rock...)

I'm sober and lonely, so I thought I'd look around for friendly names I remember so very well from last year. This thread meant a lot to me, but I backed off when vodka reintroduced itself and took over my life. I think 'belonging' here in this group is about more than a sobriety date. Big cyber-hug to you, Simplicity; never ever quit quitting.

I have the Birthday Blues, turned 56 today, honestly surprised that I'm still alive! I was in detox for St. Patrick's day, so I'm closing in on four months sober. Jo summed up how I'm feeling now: not drinking, but abusing food and nicotine and caffeine like I 'deserve' them due to my supreme sacrifice! Hardly a solid 'recovery plan,' but it's where I'm at...

Peace and love and good wishes,
Arp
Old 07-07-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Arpeggioh - happy birthday
Why not post a little more - rejoin the community?

I'm sorry you drank Sim, but I'm glad you're still posting.

(same goes for you too Camery!)

The point? The point for me is I'm facing whatever life throws at me, and I'm winning more than not

I'm there for those who love me and most weeks I feel like I've made a difference to something, ore someone.

I'm happy and content, despite the very real ups and downs that life gives us.

I can look myself in the eyes in the mirror and not look away ashamed.

I'm not running away and hiding myself in a bottle. Been there done that. That was not the real me. This is.

Drinking never made one damn thing better - but it made a whole bunch of things a whole lot worse.

Really glad you're back Sim, and you Camery

some food for thought - darn fine thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rve-drink.html

D
Old 07-07-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hiya Jo

D
Old 07-09-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hiya Jo

D
Hi Dee!
Old 07-09-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
I was surprised how easy it was to find you guys after all this time! Dee74 sure does keep things organized around here (you rock...)

I'm sober and lonely, so I thought I'd look around for friendly names I remember so very well from last year. This thread meant a lot to me, but I backed off when vodka reintroduced itself and took over my life. I think 'belonging' here in this group is about more than a sobriety date. Big cyber-hug to you, Simplicity; never ever quit quitting.

I have the Birthday Blues, turned 56 today, honestly surprised that I'm still alive! I was in detox for St. Patrick's day, so I'm closing in on four months sober. Jo summed up how I'm feeling now: not drinking, but abusing food and nicotine and caffeine like I 'deserve' them due to my supreme sacrifice! Hardly a solid 'recovery plan,' but it's where I'm at...

Peace and love and good wishes,
Arp
Arp!!!!!!!!! You're back!!!!!!!!
I've missed you!!!!!

Happy birthday Arp! Birthdays are strange little beasts which get us thinking a bit too much sometimes. I'm so pleased you got into detox and 4 months is truly wonderful! Life saving Arp that's what we're doing my friend.
Yeah sugar, caffeine, cigs,.......ugh I'm still seeking my little "pleasures" elsewhere! Not in a bottle though eh?
81 days today for me. Yes I count....in fact I have a sobriety app which counts to 2 decimal places haha! It's actually 81.47 days I've just checked!
Life on life's terms is proving to be a struggle for me recently. Sometimes it feels harder now that when I was drinking. But I get why. My brain is hard wired to it's fix and it isn't getting it. Plus I'm still the crazy kid I was before the drinking days.
But this is important. I can be my true self. I can be a proper mum (and trust me that is a challenge at the min!).
Wishing you all a lovely day and I truly hope anyone struggling finds a bit of peace. We do this together
Old 07-09-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Wishing you all a lovely day and I truly hope anyone struggling finds a bit of peace. We do this together
Yes, exactly what Jo said! We could all do with a little peace...

My morning church job approacheth. Because it's the summer tourist season, I've got two services, the first at 8:30 am. God bless good strong coffee! I'm very thankful for my position there, not just for financial reasons. I'm my truest and best self when I'm playing my piano; there's a direct line from my soul to my fingertips...and I'm happy to have a requirement to use it every week. And doing it without a hangover: priceless!! Never again...

Arp