Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 10

Old 07-21-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm relay glad you got through Sim - sometimes getting through is all we can ask of ourselves - it need not always be graceful

hi jo, arp, caramel and tootiesdad

have a good weekend guys
Old 07-22-2017, 12:02 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Day 2 winding down. Binge watched "Real Housewives", did a little yoga. eating dinner, and heading to bed.
Brilliant!
Old 07-22-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Morning Mayflies and Happy Saturday Busy day ahead but that's good, I guess. Going for a run this morning, some housecleaning (aka: vanquish dog hair), picking up grandson for an overnight visit, and the whole family is coming over for dinner (sans oldest son). Day 3 is looking "safe" and tiring.
Feeling a little better this morning upon waking. Hope this is a sign that things are looking up.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Great news Sim! House blitz day for me too. Ugh! I'd better get on or nothing will get done! Strong coffee time! xxx
Old 07-22-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'm going to be checking with y'all like a mad woman while I can. Went for that run, felt great. Can't believe all this smoking hasn't totally kicked my lungs, but hey, I did it. Nothing momentous, but it felt great. Gotta start rebuilding somewhere and nothing changes, if nothing changes. One half of house of been vanquished of dog hair. So the vacuuming continues. Picking up grandson around noon. Let the chaos being......
Eldest son still being a sneaky little douche. Daughter-in-law still holding firm on her boundaries. She will be joining us for dinner and bringing the granddaughters. Thankfully her and I have a good relationship....so non of the upheaval has effected me seeing the babies.
Best of luck with the housecleaning Jo! Wishing y'all a great day
Old 07-22-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great day Sim.
Mine had taken a turn fir the worse I'm afraid. Bf has been chatting to girls online and maybe more. You may or may not recall this isn't the first time. I went mad. Even kickimg the bathroom door when he went there to cover his tracks (my girls were at their dad's in case you worried) . What a mess hes packed and gone. Now what do I do? This is a horrible mess and I honestly don't know if I'll make it tonight. But I have to remind myself that sobriety is for me. My life......
SIM let's dig deep together xxxx
Old 07-22-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

It's a good Saturday; Mayflies are busy getting better.

I just ordered nicotine patches from Amazon, and made an appointment to discuss Wellbutrin with my doctor...and I instantly felt better! Like, finally making a move toward improving my health instead of obsessing and worrying over my impending death from a heart attack or stroke, esophageal cancer, lung cancer, aneurysm, you name it, I worry about it! (Hypochondriac much?)

I hope this finds you all well; it's nice to see this thread active...rock on, Mayflies!
Old 07-22-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Side note to Jo: wouldn't kicking him, rather than the bathroom door, be more effective? Sorry, that's not an answer, violence is wrong, etc...

At least you know you can't drink about it! Progress, my dear friend, definite progress...
Old 07-22-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Bless you Arp.......you have a way with words that's for sure! I was like a woman possessed earlier. Not cool. I can't predict the future but for now it's tv and food with the girls. I'm not letting him ruin my little pleasures in life. I'll try every tool I have to get through tonight......
Wow Arp you're going to try and pack the cigs in? That's a really positive step my friend and of course you can come here to chat about that too.
All the best Arp and thanks for lightening the mood xxx
Old 07-22-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I hope this post will make it on the thread. Been trying to right for days but I'm getting kicked out when I hit the Post button. Wishing you all a good Sunday. Sim and Jo, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles Thinking of you....

Hi Dee, Arp, Caramel and Toot :-)
Old 07-22-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Blimey, i'm back ..... no idea what was wrong.... Take good care everyone X
Old 07-22-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi Elke lovely to "see" you. I made it through tonight thanks mostly to my girls. They don't know it but I just couldn't be that poor excuse for a mum again. Not tonight. Night night all
Old 07-22-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning Mayflies and Happy Saturday Busy day ahead but that's good, I guess. Going for a run this morning, some housecleaning (aka: vanquish dog hair), picking up grandson for an overnight visit, and the whole family is coming over for dinner (sans oldest son). Day 3 is looking "safe" and tiring.
Feeling a little better this morning upon waking. Hope this is a sign that things are looking up.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi Elke lovely to "see" you. I made it through tonight thanks mostly to my girls. They don't know it but I just couldn't be that poor excuse for a mum again. Not tonight. Night night all
Well done Jo
Old 07-22-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Late evening check-in on the close-ish of Day 3.
Jo-Gotta side with Arp on this one! A nice swift kick to the arse might do him good! Sorry for your troubles friend Glad you stuck to your guns and found the willpower to dig deep and not give your power away to someone who is clearly not worth wasting the best of your energy on at this point. I've been in those same pair of shoes during my previous marriage. It sucks. And I've never regretted walking away from the psychological warfare of cheating & lies. Wishing you a peaceful night my friend

Well tonight turned into a regular ole **** show at the Sim household. Eldest son was sighted by youngest son with his side piece girlfriend scoring drugs along the street. Youngest son took pursuit and luckily wasn't able to nab him as i'm pretty sure it would've ended in a physical brawl. So instead, youngest son informed daughter-in-law of the eldest cheating/drug scoring son sighting. Ensue **** storm of epic proportions commencing in household. People swearing, yelling. Babies crying, tears, daughter-in-law is a wreck. Youngest son still feels it's nothing a good ass beating couldn't fix. What a freaking mess. Holy ****. I hope after all of this she cuts ties with him completely and focuses on getting healthy and mentally in a good place. But the little weasel is full of lies and she is young and really thinks this ass hat can change when he comes around with all his excuses. Ugh. Ok, so I wanted a drink. Really thought about drinking, but didn't. Grandson is out for the night (hope he doesn't go back to his mother's repeating the choice words he heard flying around this house tonight).....and I am just trying to wind down so that I can be up at the crack of dawn with the lil man. I will not drink tonight....even though I want to

Hi Elke!
Old 07-23-2017, 12:50 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good God Sim what an absolute nightmare! Getting to bed sober last night after all of that is an absolutely heroic effort!!!!!!
Today is a new day and I'm not letting that rat bag ruin it for me. I've got a week off work so it's big clean day today so that we can go away for a few days tomorrow. That was the plan before so it will still happen.......I'll make sure of it.
Have a lovely day all......a nice peaceful one would be good wouldn't It? ❤❤❤
Old 07-23-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good God Sim what an absolute nightmare! Getting to bed sober last night after all of that is an absolutely heroic effort!!!!!!
Yeah, what Jo said! I hope a new dawn will usher in some calm today, for everyone. Peace, y'all...

Hi, Elke!
Old 07-23-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Morning Arp!
Old 07-23-2017, 05:17 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Today is a new day and I'm not letting that rat bag ruin it for me. I've got a week off work so it's big clean day today so that we can go away for a few days tomorrow. That was the plan before so it will still happen.......I'll make sure of it.
Have a lovely day all......a nice peaceful one would be good wouldn't It? ❤❤❤
Today is a new day indeed friend! Rat bag-lol......now you got me giggling! Good for you for sticking to the plan! A week off sounds absolutely divine and just what the doctor ordered, a little R&R&R! Relax, regroup, and rebound! You just can't keep a good woman down! Rock on girl! Let's not drink today!
Old 07-23-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Today is a new day indeed friend! Rat bag-lol......now you got me giggling! Good for you for sticking to the plan! A week off sounds absolutely divine and just what the doctor ordered, a little R&R&R! Relax, regroup, and rebound! You just can't keep a good woman down! Rock on girl! Let's not drink today!
Its a deal Sim! ❤❤❤