Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 10

Old 08-17-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootiesdad View Post
Yes, she's been back. Smooth sailing for me once more. She's going away in December, and I caught myself yesterday already thinking 'hmmm...' - that's the true test for me.
Plenty time to get a robust plan in place tootiesdad.......
Old 08-17-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

You can do it Tootiesdad :-)

I've got a problem with secret eating sugary stuff and I'm struggling to shift it. Not as bad as drinking but just as an annoying habit. But I won't give up...

Hey Jo, you can do it girl. We're all here for each other.

I've been reading on the August Class thread, a great bunch of people. There are over 60 people in this group.

Friday tomorrow ^^^^ have a good one everyone.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Elke I'm eating a lot of sugary stuff too. Like you said it's annoying more than anything else.....but I'm putting a lot of weight on and it's taking a shine off the progress I've made. I'm not vain but it'd be really nice to get a little healthier overall too. Oh well.......baby steps and all that shizz.....take care Elke ❤❤❤
Old 08-18-2017, 01:40 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Morning sweetie pies! Today I really want to be productive. I've not done a great deal since my mum went back and it's bad habits I really don't want. So yes it's boring but it's washing ironing and getting daughter 1 to do her science project. Lazy Jojo needs to up her game a little. Ugh coffee first of course! I mean that's the law yes?
Take care gang and hi to Sim wherever you are darling. How you're okay. Just making sure you're not isolating as it's one of my downfalls too. Like it or not I'm back for Good!!! You have been warned!!!!!
❤❤❤
Old 08-18-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

See......told you!!!! Still not started any jobs yet
But I DID cook a nice breakfast and I'm in a good mood so what the heck!
Time to engage my butt and get a wiggle on!
Tell you what I'm a bit peed off with myself.... I dropped my vaper and broke the tank and got a cheapie replacement. Just that little thing has made the whole fag-resistance thing much more difficult ugh! Ordered the right one online yesterday I just hope it comes soon or I'll be "Fag Ash Lil" again soon!!!!
Take care sweetie pies xxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-18-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

"Although her face was never seen, Fag Ash Lil was a character referred to in the Andy Capp cartoons, created by Reg Smythe, which ran for years in the Daily Mirror."

Thanks, Google! (cough cough wheeze)

A good sober Friday to you all...
Old 08-18-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Panic averted - new vaper tank arrived today!!!!! Aaaahhhhh I love it when the internet works!!!!!

Fag Ash Lil be gone!!!

Arp I am seriously amazed with this vaping lark. I've got an Aspire Zelos 50kw machine (others are available not recommending just sharing - Dee delete if I've been naughty) and I'm using 12 mg nicotine liquid.

Yes it's a bit "down with the kids" lol but as a gateway to quitting I'm very impressed. Not had a cig since and I don't really want one. Of course drug-wise (nicotine) I've given up precisely nothing but I'm still very positive about the experience and dare I say it's even nicer than smoking!

Absolutely not recommended for any non-smokers but as an aid to quitting the evil weed I am a convert.

No nagging Arp dearest but you might want to research it and see what you think. Plus the machines and liquids etc really sit nicely with my geeky nature!

Plus another wonderful benefit - not pulling the house down looking for a lighter!!!

Like I said Dee - hope I've not broken any rules - feel free to moderate if I have xxx
Old 08-18-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Arp, I know you like reading and Brit culture etc. Andy Capp reminded me of a very politically incorrect adult comic we used to read years ago called "Viz". A lot will likely be lost in translation as it was written by Geordies (Newcastle accent / dialect which is hard even for other Brits to understand at times!). Might be interesting for you to check out.....your mind will boggle!!!
Old 08-18-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Hey Jo, you're doing pretty good... unfortunately I'm the same, long list of things to do and only little gets done. Good luck with your vaper. Do you have a favorite flavor? Yes , I'm trying to eat a bit healthier too, but everyday the AV beast wants me to start tomorrow, the old story... got to make a plan.

On a lighter note, my little mollie lamb, we called her Lady Gaga, roughly 2 months old used to sleep in the shed at night. Yesterday evening she decided to stay out, didn't want to follow-me to her bed. Tonight the same, I feel like a mum who's teenage daughter is out on the town for the first time.

Fag Ash Lil - love it.

Take care everyone and have a great weekend xxx

Sim, hope you're well girl X
Old 08-18-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Jo: It's sleepy time in the UK, so I'll patiently wait until tomorrow for an answer to this question (and apologize to the poor Mayflies who don't smoke, and might find this topic tedious.)

After the initial investment in the hardware, how does the cost of liquids and energy burning cells (?I have no idea, just making things up?) and any other replaceable stuff, compare to smoking, say, a pack of cigarettes a day? I know we're on different continents, and use different money, and have different taxes, and sometimes speak different languages (!), but for you personally, are you saving money by vaping? Nicotine addiction: yeah, whatever, it's not the nicotine that's causing lung cancer...

Elke: I love your sweet little lamb story! I hope you've had "the talk" with her about the Big Bad Wolf, and naughty little lambs who smoke, and rams who only have one thing on their filthy minds...

Sober Saturday is coming! Be well, dear Mayfly friends.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:08 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Morning guys!
Elke gosh I know that feeling......my favourite weird rule re food is that diets always start on a Monday it's the law! Why is that? Aren't we weird? Aww lambies that is such a cute story! My youngest daughter absolutely loves animals we have been avidly watching Animal Park this summer.
Arp the cost of the actual vaping machine was about £50 (about the equivalent of 6 packs of cigs). You then buy the liquid in 10ml bottles (tiny little things). I bought 5 bottles for £10 (soecial offer) and only go through about 2 a week! That's virtually free! Im using tobacco flavour 12ml of nicotine as I figured at this stage mimicking smoking is the best way to replace it and so far so good........looking online the cost of the liquid does vary a lot but I've just ordered another 5 for £9.99 so we'll see what they "taste" like. In the UK cigs are around £8 per pack so that's £56 a week I was spending.......
Another thing is if you find a good vaping outlet the staff are pretty clued up. It's quite the hobby for them!
Not got any plans for today. See how it goes...... watched the Minion movie last night with the kids. Gotta love those Minions!!!!!
Have a great day all
Old 08-18-2017, 11:10 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Haha Lady Gaga!
Old 08-19-2017, 01:01 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Good morning Mayflies, I gave the lamb a good talking to about teenage pregnancy and all, will try and take some pics as I need the practice to upload them here.

I've made a list of things 'What not to do' with things that I procrastinate. Is that how you say it? I'm intrigued by this word. Is it english or american? Anyway, the aim is to do at least 1 thing on this list this weekend. Watch this space.

Have you looked at Joel Spitzer, quit smoking cold turkey. There's a great website whyquit.com.

A good and sober Saturday for us all...

Hi Sim, Caramel, Dee, Tootiesdad and everyone reading, have a great weekend!

The sun is out the sky is blue, I'm walking the dogs and where are you?
Old 08-19-2017, 02:36 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Procrastination: one of my favorite things to do...er, not do...no, yeah, do...a list is a great idea; mine would be several pages long. "Things I need to do" -- there would be some good psychic satisfaction in drawing a line through just one of them. I'm easily overwhelmed by a desire to change everything for the better, all at once, like I'm going to wake up tomorrow and be a completely different person. When that obviously doesn't happen, I say "screw it" and buy some donuts..."at least I'm not drinking!" That's getting lame...I'm cutting myself lots of slack until I hit six months sober, in about four weeks. Then: look out, world, there's a new Arp in town! Kale will be my new best friend...

(Sorry, that will never happen; kale is gross and stupid.)

I'm off to research vaping machines; yesterday I googled "vaping for beginners" and got a crap ton of results...how did people ever buy stuff before the InnerNet?
Old 08-19-2017, 02:36 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Elke I read about a technique to help with procrastination. I mean if you've got it bad like me and can sometimes put off getting out of bed for hours on a weekend! Basically if you want to start a task count from five to zero in your head then go! Appatently the brain takes 5 seconds to mentally talk its self out of things. It's pretty good!
Ooh sunshine I vaguely recall that! Peeing down in Huddersfield! More washing to shuffle etc this morning. 5 4 3 2 1 0 go!
See you later gang
Old 08-19-2017, 02:40 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Arp another thing my sister swears by if you want to check it out is Allen Carr's Easy way technique
There are books and seminars. She quit straight away!
Old 08-19-2017, 02:46 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Jo: I ordered and read Allen Carr's book a few years back; I rolled up some pages and tried to smoke them...
Old 08-19-2017, 03:08 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Morning Mayflies! It brought a smile to my face to see all your faces! This thread is hopping!
Old 08-19-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Sim!!!!!!!!! See what fun you've been missing? A very serious and deep swarm of Mayflies, as you can tell...
Old 08-19-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

So I see