Notices

One Year & Over Part 47

Old 02-19-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
RZ, awesome!!! You guys are great, getting the ladies up to dance and all! Really good songs too. Good singer.
I'm struggling with whether or not to try to see this job through. It's a fiasco, basically. My bosses don't know what they're doing. The crew is pissed and quitting. Trying really hard to see this as some sort of lesson.
I think it's nap time.
Just sending more support dearest InPar.

Thank you so much for sharing with us dearest Rusty.....wish I could see you better though. Wonderful to be able to hear more of your music.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:36 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I love the band video RZ!

Best wishes for a great Monday everyone!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Great vid, Zip! However, they need a spotlight for the drummer

More warm weather on tap for this week. I was able to break out the shorts over the weekend...earliest I can ever remember doing that. I'm lovin' it!

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Great video, RZ!

PJ, sounds like an amazingly comprehensive program you are in. Too often we don't get enough time to really dig in without major distractions.

IP, I think that sometimes we can only chalk up a bad job situation to lessons learned. I'm happy that it sounds like you are not self-blaming. Some of us do that even when it has nothing to do with us.

Love the way you sound, Suze. I can tell that you have sparkles in your eyes!

Hi all!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Sas- yes it is an amazing program for what it can be. Just like SR- it is a place- with rules. Some think they 'trick' the system by paying lip service to what is expected. The rule says no booze or drugs in the units. So they go out and get drunk- stay away overnight (some 2 or 3 times a week) and only come back- when able to beat the breathal'r. The drug people or dual-d guys are even more proficient. I do not do that. It is a gift for me.
Also I do not have any distractions- because matter o/ f speaking- I lost it all.
What I just endured scared the living hell out of me. On average, including SR and therapy etc- I put on 6-8 hours a day- reading, learning, talking, sharing. Every week I grow about one half of one percent. So it works.
Better than being dead drunk- or dead.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

PJ - Sounds like a great program. I agree though that feel that a person will get what they put into it. As difficult as the work is that you must do, as incremental as the growth can feel, as low as you say your bottom was, what I hear in your posts is hope.

InPar - I think the questions I'd ask myself are what are the benefits of staying in that difficult situation? What are the benefits of quitting? Immediate and long term. Creatively, in my career, and financially. Sometimes I've found I have to play the long game. Other times I have to cut my losses.

Wolf - Prayers to you and your family.

Itch - Good luck with your eye surgery.

RZ - Congrats on booking a bunch of gigs and getting paid to do what you enjoy. Great video, though I was waiting for the drummer spotlight.

I have today off. Yay! Hoping to make it to my home group after a long break.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

i know it's not all about me, though! lol

it was a fixed video camera,

the big guy will be on the other side next time at that joint
Old 02-20-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Phoenix that's great that you're working the program like that. Way to go. I have watched my brother go through several programs like that, where he just complained for months and went through the motions before either being kicked out or relapsing. Very frustrating and infuriating experience. Many people really do think the rules don't apply to them, that they are special somehow. They're not.
I don't know what I'm going to do about this job guys, it's driving me nuts. I spent most of the weekend just hiding away by myself because I didn't want to see anyone or think about anything. That's not right! At this point I'm going day by day trying to keep positive. But I know that no one would think me out of bounds if I quit at this point. I'm not because I still have a (maybe misguided) sense of loyalty to these people.
I'm going to think about your questions today Gleefan, thanks.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

IP- day by day is the way to go.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

InPar - I'll also add that what other people may think is ok for me to do doesn't necessarily match up to what is right for me to do.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Magsie

Glee, my dad used to say 'one man's meat is another man's poison' what's right for one may not be right for another.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Overs, hope everyone has had or is having a nice day.

Been up since 5am & was speaking with my dad at 6am & was helping out with some of his home stuff, I got him the Scottish & English Newspapers and tried to get him a Celtic view (Celtic FC magazine) but 3 different shops didn't have it I also lent him a book on the Hatton Garden Diamond Heist Robbery in 2013 he was pleased and we had a laugh and a catch up I have afrectionally given him the nickname ET because he's constantly saying 'He wants to go home'

The Doctor said this evening he's not going home not at least for another 48 hours, and then a hour after that call he tells me the doctor had been back to tell him his kidney's are now not fully functioning .. same thing with his heart. He's aware and awake thankfully no pain but obviously I'm concerned & worried. My eldest neices school is on half term so she is too & is spending tonight with us & possibly tomorrow she will be here in just under an hour (she went to see her friends) and after were going for a burger. Tomorrow we're back up visiting my dad her grandad & Mrs sw has made him his favourite.. Chicken noodle soup he's really looking forward to that so that's nice

Wasn't planning on posting but today has been active and on Wednesday me and my eldest sister are meeting up at a meeting lol havnt been to a meeting in a while and it will be good catching up

I'm strong and prepared for anything I can't pretend I'm not worried but I remain hopeful & optimistic

Sorry to unload guys I don't want to take attention away from the main forum & I know I can count on you guys

So tired but I can still raise a smile x
Old 02-20-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

You're a wonderful son, SW.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Gilmer and sorry to unload guys x

Goodnight Everyone
Old 02-20-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

No need for apologies, Wolfie! It's so great that you can help look after your Dad. You're a wonderful son.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
Phoenix that's great that you're working the program like that. Way to go. I have watched my brother go through several programs like that, where he just complained for months and went through the motions before either being kicked out or relapsing. Very frustrating and infuriating experience. Many people really do think the rules don't apply to them, that they are special somehow. They're not.
I don't know what I'm going to do about this job guys, it's driving me nuts. I spent most of the weekend just hiding away by myself because I didn't want to see anyone or think about anything. That's not right! At this point I'm going day by day trying to keep positive. But I know that no one would think me out of bounds if I quit at this point. I'm not because I still have a (maybe misguided) sense of loyalty to these people.
I'm going to think about your questions today Gleefan, thanks.
I think glee's idea is very wise dearest InPar:

InPar - I think the questions I'd ask myself are what are the benefits of staying in that difficult situation? What are the benefits of quitting? Immediate and long term. Creatively, in my career, and financially. Sometimes I've found I have to play the long game. Other times I have to cut my losses.
Sending you more love.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

More love and prayers dearest wolfie.

And love to all of the incredibly wonderful Overs. ♥
Old 02-20-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Wolfman- you are a good son and a good person. Remember to be good to you- take care.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wolfie, you are amazing. Love and prayers to you and your family.x
Old 02-20-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

SW - I think it's very helpful to share when you're struggling - and staying sober the whole time.

I also think sharing is a helpful tool to care for yourself.

And I think that listening to others' troubles is a helpful tool for staying sober.

In short, taking time to share benefits all of us.