Notices

One Year & Over Part 47

Old 02-18-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Wishing you and your Dad all the best Wolfie!
Old 02-18-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
At the bottom of the main page - the one with all the forums - the link is 'view forum leaders'.

It's been there for as long as I've been here

D
Oh ~ THANK YOU!!!
Old 02-18-2017, 10:34 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Dee,
I will as soon as I can free up some time. I had to redo years of filing and got it done last night 3AM.

Suze,
You here yet? I felt a disruption in the force. Never mind, it was just organically produced hydrogen sulfide and methane

PJ,
I am glad you are in a better place. Remember sobriety is not a static or rut like drinking daily was. Sobriety is a dynamic and sober we can see the changes ahead like white water canoeing. Whether we interpret being at the edge of being cast into the maelstrom as exciting and fun, or terrifying, is whether you are at cause, and paddling like mad with a spit eating grin on your face, or at effect, and unable to steer your ship out of that whirlpool, the decision is ours. I'm glad you got to paddling like heck too.

RZ,
Good on ya. You can't keep a good group down.

FBL,
We are a bit cooler in the mid-60s to high 70s, perfect temps. Loved that video too.
Click on the weather report for the next ten days.: ten day forecast for shreveport - Bing

Star,
Glad I wasn’t the only one!

Mags,
Thanks, you go girl! Find that treasure.

Wolf,
Sorry your dad is ill. It’s great that your whole family is there for him, especially you. I know you will be strong, but as said don’t be headstrong and not take care of yourself and your sobriety. If it’s friend you need, you’ll find them here.

We are off to the next estate sale my SH is holding and all her Dad and Mom’s stuff is in it in addition to the owners stuff. Some folks have little to sell and they take them on only with the proviso that they can fill in the empty spaces with their stuff. My SH just did her first estate sale in almost two years as she has been caring for first her mom and then her dad for most of the last two years. Her partners were really happy she’s back. They have a big following so all her old customer friends doted on her.

I’m going with her because the sale is coming up and I am bringing all my computers, Yamaha Sound projectors and subs, and despite selling my laptop and fencing, I need to actually sit there and sell my things as they are not very tech savvy. The risk is not pricing right and getting killed on the last day when all is half off. RZ knows what I mean.

OK, did this one in Word, and will get to working with the techs here as soon as I can. Monday is another session with numb dilated eyes and the Doc playing Space Invaders with his laser in my eve, lasing the alien enemy floaties.

Nite all early day tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

2 weeks and 5 days Itchy love.
And I smell much better than hydrogen sulphide and methane by the way.

And I'm glad you didn't lose your post this time: I really love your posts!

I think I would love that kind of estate sale. I think it means something different here. But as I am discovering daily, so many things mean something else entirely here. I am so looking forward to moving, but I do feel like it is to a different planet some days.

Crazy weather here today....freezing cold summer's day. Pouring rain one minute, and then of course the sun comes out. Welcome to Melbourne.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:39 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Hope you're all well.

It's strange, since being sober, it has freed me. Sounds dramatic I know, but I think you know what I mean. I always had a wall between me and mostly everyone else. It's down now and I feel emotions, not quite sure how to handle some but I like the freedom. I have nothing to hide. No stressing over when my next drink will be, what a life I led, what a waste.

On the other hand, I now appreciate everything, am grateful for my life and family and friends.

Il step down from my soapbox now! Lol

Love you all. :

Old 02-18-2017, 11:40 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Suze,
You'd better smell better!

Since few folks actually move to other countries and live for a year or seven there, I can give you some good advice. Give it six months to feel a bit better about the differences, and a year to feel at home. But home is always home. For us both here, growing up in different parts of the world and country every few years as kids, and then doing another 27 years of it as active duty ourselves, we have been down the "improvise, adapt, and overcome" road a lot.

Hey your posts are one of my first reads too, thanks kiddo!

Mags thanks, we DO know. But it's so nice to share that it isn't the pink cloud all the time. White clouds and rain clouds are good too. (unless you're in Southern California now)
Old 02-18-2017, 11:43 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Suze our weather is almost like yours.... Pouring Rain then the sun, but mostly without the sun!

Hi itchy, I like yours and Suze posts too! Always a good read and informative .
Old 02-19-2017, 12:12 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

re the weather Mags.

And no love, what you said doesn't sound dramatic at all. I feel exactly the same way. Every day in the 24-hour thread I ask for 24 more hours of precious freedom. And I truly mean that. I have changed so much. I am ME now, for the first time since I was a child. My joie de vivre has been restored ~ life is magical again.

Sure, as Itchy just said, there are rain clouds along with the beautiful white puffy clouds, but that's just fine with me. Every storm makes way for the beautiful sunshine. I need both. I need reality ~ whatever it brings. And being able to handle those storms still amazes me. For so many years I could not handle anything.

And Itchy ~ thank you for your advice. I do need to give myself time to truly settle in. But although this is going to sound corny as, Columbus is already home to me. I do not belong here, and I never have. My whole life, I have been searching for the place I would feel comfortable, that would be home for me, and I have found that with Nick.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:40 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Itchy- I love the words you use. YES- I am very aware of the complacency others around me offer in their stories. Booze has not once entered my brain thoughts for quite a while. Too much happening that I nearly enjoy and will in the future. Making sure I keep already set up supports- and keeping safe with the people I talk to. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:03 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good morning all my Aussies and UKers, as well as Itchy!

Best wishes for an awesome Sunday!
Old 02-19-2017, 02:05 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning star.

Hope you have a seriously sensational Sunday! ♥
Old 02-19-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just to say thank you for the support and if anything changes I promise to check in my sobriety is strong and I havnt felt like drinking not once & not for a long time I couldn't imagine drinking ever again. When I see people drunk now, I generally feel sorry for them (not in a snobby I'm sober your not way) but extremely grateful I'm not like that anymore & have been sober almost 4 years. Still not a long time by anyone's standards but long enough to know I want to be sober & like this for life. I standby the fact that my worst day sober is light years better than my best day drunk (if there ever was one)

Thank you all again x
Old 02-19-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

(((wolfie))) ♥

I love seeing you here again, and of course you will have our ongoing support my friend. We care about you a great deal.

What you just said makes me wonder: did I ever have a good day drunk? I don't think so. Even if I fooled myself into believing it had been fun (hmmm, no idea how I thought that was fun), the price was always excruciatingly high. And then it got higher. What a horrible, senseless way to live.

Sending you more love.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Wolfie, sorry to hear about your Dad. We need to spend quality time with our parents while they are here.

Mags, well said!

Itch, we had another record breaking warm day here yesterday with a high of 65F! Of course, we could have a major snow storm any day right thru the middle of May, so I'm sure we'll pay for this nice weather down the road.

Zip, congrats on the gigs...and the new lady friend. Sounds like the promises are really coming thru for you these days

Just about time for my extended Sunday morning nature walk. With all this warm weather, the critters should be active.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 02-19-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Mags, love your soapbox thoughts. I drank to avoid feeling helpless and traumatized but that wasn't solving anything. I'm a slow learner - it took me a long time to understand that by blotting out pain, I was also blotting out joy. Some days are more of one or the other but they are real. Being now able to feel the whole range of emotions is an invaluable gift.

Itchy and Suze, I agree about the year to feel like home. I felt comfortable and happy about moving to the OFH from the beginning but it was about a year when I came back from a short trip and first had that wonderful "I'm home!" feeling.. It's not perfect - I don't think anything is - but the positives sure outweigh the negatives :-)

Hi PJ, SG

FBL, our temps are warmer but not like yours! Mid-forties this weekend :-)

Have a super Sunday!
Old 02-19-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi Sassy
Old 02-19-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

always love a good treasure hunt mags

best wishes blasted out for pops sobe

here's are latest promo vid

Old 02-19-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

RZ, awesome!!! You guys are great, getting the ladies up to dance and all! Really good songs too. Good singer.
I'm struggling with whether or not to try to see this job through. It's a fiasco, basically. My bosses don't know what they're doing. The crew is pissed and quitting. Trying really hard to see this as some sort of lesson.
I think it's nap time.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gee whiz...they kinda stuck you way in the back there Zip LOL - good music tho
Old 02-19-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hello OYO's. Once more into the breech today. Settled in okay. Planned my objectives for this stage of recovery (3 months- 7 in communal bit)- go over it with counsellor today. Just going slow. Age/maturity? Age probably- as the saying goes- 'I am so weak I could not pull the skin off a custard'.
Those obj's being health/recovery, divorce(coping), housing- future needs, working on the past.
My fall from grace was dramatic (although that grace was not much)- so I am making sure a clear path ahead.
3 metaphors in one go (?). That is like .......(haha)