Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 31

Old 06-20-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Ahhh...thank you Arbor love.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I'm a Winston fan too. I walked down the isle to "Graduation." Beautiful stuff.

V - I'm glad it was a healing experience for you. Losing a parent is such a strange and difficult journey.

Conquest - you're almost done. You're a real trooper. I had a gum graft a few years ago to fix a receding area due to bone damage from falling on my face when I was four. A couple root canals too, but nothing like your situation.

Well, the new girl came back, so that's a good sign. She's still overwhelmed, but she's learning. I'm up to my eyeballs in work what with learning a job, teaching a job, and basically ignoring most of my actual job. I'm so stressed, and now I've got a sick kid who can't go to school tomorrow, so I'll have to cover half the day at home (unless she's doing better, in which case I'll smuggle her into work. Not kidding ).
Old 06-20-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I hope A is doing better tomorrow love ~ I can just see you making a cave for her under your desk.

I know you have way too much to do right now....just remember, one step at a time. And you will rock it, just like you always do.

I am better now ~ thank you....the past few pain-filled years are over now.
My sisters and I can all move forward.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:08 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

That's great to hear. What a huge relief for you.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

I understand that feeling, V. I loved my mother dearly, but our relationship was so difficult. She had many insecurities, and projected them onto me, and started so many conflicts. I felt very guilty about it, but a part of me felt some relief when she had passed away. I miss the good things, but I don't miss the drama. She also was jealous of the calm, respectful relationship I had with my father. She would get so angry simply because we got along and enjoyed each others' company. Anyway, we were in a decent place by the time she died, so I was okay. I'm glad I'd set boundaries with her and that we did get to that better place before the end.

I hope you have that sort of lasting peace, now, V. But, it's only been a year, so it's also okay to still hurt sometimes too. Love and hugs to you.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Not staying up for the strawberry moon, Leigh?!!

I got up and peeked - it was lovely!!!!!
Old 06-21-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Have I told all of you lately how wonderful you are???!!!!!
Old 06-21-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Have I told all of you lately how wonderful you are???!!!!!
Ditto kiddo!!!

I hope little one is feeling better today, Briar. You've certainly got a full plate to carry (or two). Hang in there honey bunny!

Great pic, Arbor! The strawberry moon certainly was gorgeous last night. It lit up our whole street all night. I think it kept us up late so we watched the movie Robin Hood with Russel Crowe from 2010. It was surprisingly good, had a different twist to it.

Toothless at work is just ridiculous. Y'all should here me answer the phone. I'm happy to be at home with the dog and Dr. Phil now.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Awww, Conquest, sorry you have to be at work toothless. I bet it is hard on several levels.

While we are on the subject, turns out I need a crown.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Baugh!! Sorry to hear that, Phoebe.

Treated myself with a pedicure and some mini Reece's cups. I just drop em to the back of my mouth like a baby bird and Boom! Victory is mine.

Anyone into the soccer matches? USA tonight! Cowboy is working late so I'm declaring pajama time with the game starting before sundown.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Goodnight, dear Octsobers.

See you tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Night Leigh. Sleep well!

Conquest, you have such a great attitude. Fuel for life!
Old 06-21-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Thanks, Arbor! Some days are easier than others. Flipping the mood switch to positive is a learned skill that has to be practiced intentionally... And I'm still learning. That pedicure and chocolate saved my evening. I was tired and feeling low after work and I almost didn't go because I was self-conscious...so glad I did.

A friend recommended a book for my downtime, Life's Golden Ticket by Brendon Burchard. It's about second chances and is supposed to be very uplifting. Since my soccer team is losing and the house is quiet (super rare), I'm going to finally start it tonight.

Goodnight Y'all!
Old 06-22-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I'm looking for another good book, Conquest; thanks for the 'suggestion'.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Have a great day/night, Octsobers.

Sending love.

Be back later.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

A couple of chapters in, the book kind of creeped me out and I almost put it down...but now I'm into it. It would probably make a great movie!

Working from home this afternoon and the rest of the week (thank goodness!), enjoying an extra cup of coffee that I may regret when I can't sleep tonight. Ha! This evening, I'm looking forward to going to a nearby garden center because everything's half-priced for summer. I watched a short documentary about an urban homesteading family that extended their backyard garden into their front yard. The idea is to use every foot of land for something useful, not just grass. We're nowhere near that level of self-sustainability. We'd croak if we were depending on the two small beds that we have right now. But I do love the idea of planting some herbs in a small spot in our front yard that is currently overgrown with grass and weeds. If I get the stuff tonight, I can get it cleared out and planted early tomorrow morning before it gets too hot...that's the plan for now at least.

If you're interested, here's the link to that video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IbODJiEM5A

I hope each of you is having a great day/evening!
Old 06-22-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I'm all for arid-scape and other alternatives to lawns - we waste so much water and pour so many chemicals on grass lawns.

An herb garden sounds like a nice idea, Conquest.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Well, both kids are now officially on the same school schedule! Ds had his elementary "graduation" today. It was lovely, and he had a big all grade party after. It may seem simple, or silly, but I try to nurture him through these social events. I was also socially awkward and shy, and he is similar. I try to support him, but do encourage him to go(he might have chosen to stay home), so that he can hone his social skills. My parents just let me stay home. I told him I would arrive early to the pick up time, in case he wanted to leave, and he saw me, and kept on playing. So, I think he had fun, .

We are all having a lazy summer night. I ordered pizza, and the kids are both out for summer! Yay!
Old 06-22-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

How cool, Phoebe! Happy summer! Hearing that he had fun at the party makes me smile. I was the same way as a kid, and sometimes still like that as an adult. Rarely do I regret the decision to go to a get together. Your encouragement now will continue to be so helpful to him as he grows up.

The garden center was a bummer... No herbs but spearmint. I'm going to try a different place tomorrow, depending on Jr's schedule. He'll be back home and we'll be back in play mode.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Goodnight and love to all.

See you tomorrow.