Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 7

Old 01-30-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Thanks, Brynn!

I'm glad your mom is okay, Tonks. I hate that she is dealing with all this. Reminds me of when my grandmother first started out with chemo. Sending good thoughts your way.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Tonks, David Lanz. Philip Wesley. David Lanz though is where it is at. Check out the pieces Spanish Blue and Cristofori's Dream.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm still not convinced I'm an alcoholic.
I abuse it. I know that.
Does it really matter tho? You obviously struggle with putting the bottle down once you pick it up again - & you pick it up again in spite of all the bad things in the past.

Destruction by abuse is no better than destruction by addiction, erin..

I know this is a little in your face. I think you're worth the effort.

I hope you understand I'm talking to your AV here erin. Its plying you with lies.

D
Old 01-30-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Tired

Erin!!

Don't be scared now...*tackles you in a hug & squints into your eyes through glasses*

Let me stare at you a bit, stare at me too.

Never leave here. Never think you are alone. I get it, 'meh, I'm alright.' You just may be so, and that's good. But do not hesitate to sing your need here if needed. That's what this place should be for. Not perfection here, but a safe place to just vent. I do it rarely and most gracefully *rolls eyes& laughs* What a joke I feel I am, yet it's always okay. For each of us, it should always be absolutely OK.

In the spirit of packmates; thumps you with a paw and gnaws on your ear affectionately.

Hello all else! You braggarts and fiends. *laughs*
Old 01-30-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Night y'all!

Thanks for making me smile omorose!

Love and hugs all around...especially for Erin tonight!
❤️
Old 01-30-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Oh Rose, I love it when you grace us with your eccentricity. I hope you're doing well yourself! You don't often offer much of your own concerns or worries.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Good Morning Littermates.
Day 57 for the Royal Veggie Triplets.
I fell asleep and did not make the chat meeting. I had to rest up from fighting off this darn bug.
Brynn, I cannot wait to hear all about the wedding. I know you will look beautiful and make the most of the adventure.
Shannon, have a fun gathering today - cookout right? Hug our niece Bella.
Tonks, I will keep you mom in my morning prayers - chemo is rough in so many ways - your strengths and love will help incredibly.
Copper, I am going to check out David Lanz and Philip Wesley. It is great that you figured out it was the meds harming you and soon you will be up and about. I can relate to closing your eyes and waking up 4 hours later - your body needs the strength that only sleep can bring.
Omo, your words ring out. They resonate in my head long after I read them - I hope Erin heard you.
Della, I hope you had a good meeting. Share what you learned when you want -
Dax, I'm still laughing at the voice texting. I feel the love for and from your son - you are blessed.
Midwest and Mld - check in when you can. We missed you yesterday.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Erin - you know we care about you. I hope when you wake up this morning you read through your posts and our posts to you and re-commit. There is nothing good that can come from drinking and following your AV.

Max, you are in your thoughts. I hope you see that we are reaching out to you. I hope you know that your place in this litter is waiting for you.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all! This is seriously too early to be up on a Saturday morning!!

Sis B and Copper...please rest up today and get to feeling better!

Hugs to Erin, Max and fabl and anyone else having a tough time today....I've already said a prayer for each of you today. ❤️

Hope everyone has a great day! See y'all tonight!
xoxo
Old 01-31-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Morning all...

Erin, I hope today is better. I gotta say, the comment about a Littermate needing to relax in regard to your statement about thoughts of suicide didn't sit right with me. Alcohol is a depressant and confounds judgment massively. I will always take any direct or implied statements of suicidal thoughts as 100% serious. Not ever going to "relax" about that. Tonks' resources were spot on. Dee's clarification about alcoholism vs abuse leading to the same ends also rang true for me. Glad you are seeing a medical professional and hope that you give your emotions some relief today and not add the depressant in the mix.

Family... Woke this morning with all kinds of anxiety. I chair a city commission that works with mayor and council and I often feel WAY out of my depth. I set up for a facilitator to lead a retreat for us today and have not heard a peep back from the person to confirm their attendance and assistance. Ugh!

Preparing to lead the effort in lieu of them and just feel awfully inadequate.

It will be whatever it is I guess... I did get a Councilperson to come speak so at least we have that going for us.

Tonks, thinking about your mom. Prayers for healing and strength for all who are supporting her.

Brynn, enjoy the wedding!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Dax, wipe those feelings of inadequacy right out of your head. You are awesome. You have the position for a reason. They want to hear what you have to say. The want you to direct things. They need your wisdom, knowledge, choices, abilities and leadership.
Please update us later. Standing by.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Good luck Dax....you've got this!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daxemus View Post
Erin, I hope today is better. I gotta say, the comment about a Littermate needing to relax in regard to your statement about thoughts of suicide didn't sit right with me. Alcohol is a depressant and confounds judgment massively. I will always take any direct or implied statements of suicidal thoughts as 100% serious. Not ever going to "relax" about that. Tonks' resources were spot on. Dee's clarification about alcoholism vs abuse leading to the same ends also rang true for me. Glad you are seeing a medical professional and hope that you give your emotions some relief today and not add the depressant in the mix.
Dax, thank you for putting into words exactly what I was feeling. I did not know how to say it. You put it out there and hit every note.
Love you brother.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning littermates!
Just got caught up on reading posts. This is an active group!

Copper - great news on the walking thing! Hope it goes well and you are up and moving soon!

Dax - you are truly blessed to have such a loving son. I have one, too - he's my sweetie and I love him to pieces.
Mt daughter is completely awesome, too. She was nice enough to give me a gorgeous grand daughter in October - I am lucky, indeed.

Erin - oh how I hope you give sobriety another try. I'm not going to offer any particular advice, everyone else has covered what I would say, anyway. But please stay connected here. We all want to see you get a handle on that damn AV.

I have nothing much to report - I'm on day 59 and feeling pretty great about that! Heading to a meeting this morning.
The only thing that has me down is not being able to drive. Historically, I'm bad at asking for help. I'm getting better, out of necessity. I'm humbled that so many people are willing to haul my butt around.

Worked hard on step 3 this week. It's a tough one for me, having always been... Shall we say... Skeptical about God. So I'm choosing to think of a higher power in my own way. It's working fine for me in the context of AA. To each his own. Feeling calm, confident and brave these days.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Mld, so glad you checked in. I missed you.
Not being able to drive sucks - but this too shall pass.
Congrats on day 59 - yippee!
Old 01-31-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Good morning friends! Went for a good run this morning, felt great. Wasn't able to go the past few days due to other things going on.

Mld51 - I can relate on the higher power thing, whatever works for you! Awesome job so far, I'm excited for you that tomorrow is 60!

Erin! I hope you check in today. We've all enjoyed your presence here, it would be lacking to not have you with us. Would also be nice to know you are safe.

DaxMasta! We don't have time to sweat the small stuff Dax, you are more than capable of running this thing. Look at how much you've accomplished so far! This is small potatoes, you got this and you got US! What more could ya need?

Brynnchilada! Enjoy getting all sexyfied for the wedding and be safe! If things get a little iffy, we'll all be around to back you up! Other than that, I hope you have a great time sis!

COPPA! I Loved the music suggestions, what else ya got for me?! I actually threw Spanish Blue on my phone and had that going in my ear phones during my run lol. Also, how are ya today?

BBQ!!! I hope you're feeling rested and kudos for fighting off that bug! It was nasty one, sure knocked me right on my ass when I had it lol.

Della! *pinch cheeks* A Concubine?!? Ooo you must be a wild one

Love and good tidings to everyone else as well!
Old 01-31-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, it's been a long week this week it seems. I've been feeling really tired, partly due to cloudy cold weather and winter blahs, and partly due to my not getting enough exercise.
But I'm headed out for a walk in a bit.
I am on day 16 today! On the one hand it feels great to say that, but it also seems like a short amount of time too....just one day at a time.
Had a few temptations this week - invites to HH after work, a text from a party friend last night asking me to come out. I just politely declined. It feels good when I stay strong but a part of me also feels a flash of guilt/remorse for past behavior when I have accepted such invites. I work really hard at just feeling that feeling and moving on. (This friend that texted me last night, it was only a month or two ago when I was texting him and inviting him out to carouse about town.) I also think the part of me that feels this remorse is that tiny part of me that wishes I could still go out and drink - I suppose that's my AV talking. So I just try to remind myself that it's a facade, that drinking is not that utopia that I imagine it will be, and I know this first hand.
Anyway I better get out for that walk now, I need it! Happy sober weekend to all
Old 01-31-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Hey Kitty, I hope you enjoy your walk! What exactly is HH though? I think i've seen other people use that as well, I feel out of the loop
Old 01-31-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Happy Hour and it is a good thing to not be in that loop!
Old 01-31-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great Going on 16 days Kitty - Your doing great! Enjoy your walk!

Dax - You will be fabulous today - Go get um

Have a great day everyone!