Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 7

Old 02-01-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

That's how I feel MG, AA is a really great thing and I'll drop in, but I'm noticing more success in actually dealing with my problems and working through stress and emotion, building different habits, and filling my time. SR is a miracle too!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

I went to a pub a couple times too cast down, but luckily it was evening and people were just getting started, my friends and I brought a board game and I ordered food and we played. I just went home around 9:00 before everyone was drunk, I'm never tempted at bars though, I just want to be home alone with my precious wine!
Old 02-01-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I went to a pub a couple times too cast down, but luckily it was evening and people were just getting started, my friends and I brought a board game and I ordered food and we played. I just went home around 9:00 before everyone was drunk, I'm never tempted at bars though, I just want to be home alone with my precious wine!
Was there from 9 till about 2am. Went through about half a pack of cigarettes else I probably would have shot myself... It was that painful. Not a wanting to drink painful. More of a why did I waste so many years... I can't stand this crap painful.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

I love the way our litter is getting in touch with their expressive arts side. Totally cool.
I think that drinking dulls our desire to do anything that is creative. Also I think that drinking long term causes us not to care about the wonderful things that made us happy before drinking.
That having been said, I am not an artistic person but playing the guitar is giving me great pleasure. I am just learning the basics so I will really enjoy when I can make music.
So whether it's decorating, painting, writing, making music, running, weightlifting or cooking it's great to find the joy in life and doing.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Cast - please remind me about your car decision.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by castdown View Post
Was there from 9 till about 2am. Went through about half a pack of cigarettes else I probably would have shot myself... It was that painful. Not a wanting to drink painful. More of a why did I waste so many years... I can't stand this crap painful.
I was thinking about doing that. Just to watch the drunk people to really hammer it home for me
Old 02-01-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Celebrating day 60 by fishing alone on the shores of the San Pablo Bay, 25 miles or so from San Francisco. No one is out here. There's a foghorn sounding nearby, guiding ships coming from Asia and others points around the world.
Contemplating sobriety. Thinking what it would have been like if it were two and a half months ago. I would not have had a foghorn to warn or guide me, but I would have been in a fog just the same. Headed for the rocks if I kept on.
Nice feeling with a cup of coffee and a couple of rods out. Birds, sailboats slipping by in the distance, the occasional train. I'm aware, alive, open. Thankful that I don't crave alcohol anymore.
To those in early sobriety- it's possible. It's possible to overcome it if you maintain your support systems and ride out the early days. It's so worthwhile. I wish I had done this years ago. Fear, anxiety, and fog have dissipated. Day 60.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GnikNus View Post
Celebrating day 60 by fishing alone on the shores of the San Pablo Bay, 25 miles or so from San Francisco. No one is out here. There's a foghorn sounding nearby, guiding ships coming from Asia and others points around the world.
Contemplating sobriety. Thinking what it would have been like if it were two and a half months ago. I would not have had a foghorn to warn or guide me, but I would have been in a fog just the same. Headed for the rocks if I kept on.
Nice feeling with a cup of coffee and a couple of rods out. Birds, sailboats slipping by in the distance, the occasional train. I'm aware, alive, open. Thankful that I don't crave alcohol anymore.
To those in early sobriety- it's possible. It's possible to overcome it if you maintain your support systems and ride out the early days. It's so worthwhile. I wish I had done this years ago. Fear, anxiety, and fog have dissipated. Day 60.
This sounds amazing!!! Awesome post
Old 02-01-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Sunking - sounds like paradise.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

This warms my heart & makes me smile:

[QUOTECelebrating day 60 by fishing alone on the shores of the San Pablo Bay, 25 miles or so from San Francisco. No one is out here. There's a foghorn sounding nearby, guiding ships coming from Asia and others points around the world.
To those in early sobriety- it's possible. It's possible to overcome it if you maintain your support systems and ride out the early days. It's so worthwhile. I wish I had done this years ago. Fear, anxiety, and fog have dissipated. Day 60.][/QUOTE]

Enjoy GnigNus!!

I am "in" day 60 today also & this has been a great sober week-end
Old 02-01-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats MG and again Gnik

Time for a new thread - we continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-8-a.html

D