View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
kittycat3

Hey everyone, it's been a long week this week it seems. I've been feeling really tired, partly due to cloudy cold weather and winter blahs, and partly due to my not getting enough exercise.
But I'm headed out for a walk in a bit.
I am on day 16 today! On the one hand it feels great to say that, but it also seems like a short amount of time too....just one day at a time.
Had a few temptations this week - invites to HH after work, a text from a party friend last night asking me to come out. I just politely declined. It feels good when I stay strong but a part of me also feels a flash of guilt/remorse for past behavior when I have accepted such invites. I work really hard at just feeling that feeling and moving on. (This friend that texted me last night, it was only a month or two ago when I was texting him and inviting him out to carouse about town.) I also think the part of me that feels this remorse is that tiny part of me that wishes I could still go out and drink - I suppose that's my AV talking. So I just try to remind myself that it's a facade, that drinking is not that utopia that I imagine it will be, and I know this first hand.
Anyway I better get out for that walk now, I need it! Happy sober weekend to all