Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 4

Old 09-01-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't posted much if at all this weekend been very busy but very sober too !! Will check in tomorrow on Day 21 !
Love and hugs to you all and welcome all the newcomers that made it into the A-Team before the end of August!
Good sober night, Chris
Old 09-01-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

In the same boat as you, calichris.

Things should slow down a bit tomorrow.

I'll post in the morning. Stay sober folks!
Old 09-01-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Well, a tough day yesterday as I lost my grandad. My mum called me in the afternoon to let me know that he'd passed away. While not entirely unexpected (his health has been deteriorating for a while now) it was still very sad and a shock.

AV was very bad but I resisted the urge. Now I just need to make plans to head back to the UK for the funeral. Will be nice to see the family again, albeit in such sad circumstances. The next challenge will be keeping sober at the wake. I have a bit of a boozy family

Well, good day all, and it is lovely to read your posts. Keeps me feeling strong.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:48 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zozotxiki View Post
Morning all,

Well, a tough day yesterday as I lost my grandad. My mum called me in the afternoon to let me know that he'd passed away. While not entirely unexpected (his health has been deteriorating for a while now) it was still very sad and a shock.
I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. Having lost my father a few years back and drank all the way through it 'to cope' I wish I had had sobriety back then to help myself and others. Stay strong - I am sure he would have been proud of what you are doing.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. Having lost my father a few years back and drank all the way through it 'to cope' I wish I had had sobriety back then to help myself and others. Stay strong - I am sure he would have been proud of what you are doing.
Thanks sthlondonlab.
Indeed, he would be very proud of me keeping sober, I was a mess at my nan's funeral last year :/ The good thing is, my parents know I am not drinking anymore and although having to talk to them on the phone emotional and "wined up" last night was hard, they said they were proud of me for not turning back to alcohol.
That helped a lot
Old 09-01-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I managed to get an extra "l" in your name there - sorry!
Old 09-02-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of your loss zozotxiki, the wake will be difficult for you. Good luck and look after yourself.
Alls well here, got a run in today, baked a lot now the wind is going crazy and im having a break on the couch with Mr Scruffy 'house mutt extraordinaire'!
Feeling tired and unmotivated, dunno why.
Stay strong guys.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss zozotxiki.
Honour his memory - you can do this

D
Old 09-02-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=zozotxiki;4873882]Morning all,

I am sorry for your loss. Stay strong.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Good morning! Start of day 3, no potential challenging situations in my plans today. Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Old 09-02-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Zozo, so sorry for your loss.
Calichris, 21 days today? Awesome job!
And great job to the rest of my team.
I'm having some very bad $ problems. Our main vehicle was repo last evening. Work hours have been cut, and $ is tight. Looking for extra work to supplement my hubs income. Really wanted to try and drink it away, but don't want to do that, plus really can't spare a dime. And drinking will not bring the car back. Just feeling very upset today. I had worked a small home business until recently, but it too failed. Not many skills, as I was a housewife and Mom for most of my life. The economy is so bad these days, I just don't know most people make it, especially those with several children.
So, I will be online today looking for some kind of employment. Wish me luck.
Have a great sober day everyone.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you the best with your search DD

D
Old 09-02-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

@determined: Do you not think that this party guy you miss is someone false? We all know that alcohol gives a false confidence. Wouldn't it be nice to have that kind of fun and confidence without the drink? Just speaking outloud as I have no answers really. I wonder if I am the real men when I get drunk and start dancing in the kitchen...

@choobie: you are always so upbeat and positive choobie. Its so nice to read your posts
Old 09-02-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I just spent some time here this morning instead of getting ready for work. Hugs to all. Good luck dingo! Now, must rush. Day 12
Old 09-02-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

good morning everyone. back to work.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Have a good day everyone. will post later.

I am irritable and grumpy today but I am soooooooo happy to be sober!!!
Old 09-02-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Go get 'em, A Team! No matter what day you are on.

One of the highlights of being 'off wine' is not worrying about my wino breath or digging for gum before settling down in the evening to read books to my kiddos. Dr. Seuss is so much easier to read with a glass of sparkling water.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (51.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 09-02-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Zozo I am so sorry for your loss. I cant imagine how I would be if I lost one of my family. Hugs to you
Old 09-02-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dingodog View Post
Zozo, so sorry for your loss.
Calichris, 21 days today? Awesome job!
And great job to the rest of my team.
I'm having some very bad $ problems. Our main vehicle was repo last evening. Work hours have been cut, and $ is tight. Looking for extra work to supplement my hubs income. Really wanted to try and drink it away, but don't want to do that, plus really can't spare a dime. And drinking will not bring the car back. Just feeling very upset today. I had worked a small home business until recently, but it too failed. Not many skills, as I was a housewife and Mom for most of my life. The economy is so bad these days, I just don't know most people make it, especially those with several children.
So, I will be online today looking for some kind of employment. Wish me luck.
Have a great sober day everyone.
Dingo what small business was it? Just don't let this make you give up. I was alone and pregnant ten years ago and didn't know where to turn. I stayed in this rut for two years and then I found something eventually
I now run my own jewellery business and still a single mum. But my son and I are still doing good. And I am a happier mum for being sober