Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 3

Old 08-01-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

29 days weeds and booze free.
Still taking my Prozac stool softener..
I had to fix my autocorrect originally it says 23 days no weed no boobs well that too
Old 08-01-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with a broken heart without running to the store and buying some liquor?
Old 08-01-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think learning to deal with stuff like that is part of recovery Deanya.

To be honest I think the fear of dealing with the pain is actually worse than the pain itself.

I once wasted two years of my life, trying to numb myself over a broken heart...and then after I got sober again, I still needed to deal with the pain anyway.

All alcohol will do (if it works at all) is push the pain to one side for a little while. Nothing gets fixed.

Deal with it now Deanya. There's folks here who want to support and help you

D
Old 08-01-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Dee. I just need to learn to deal with this the sober way. I don't know how to do that just yet. I'm just going to lay down for a little bit. I'm glad I came here first. Thanks. I appreciate your support. Need to learn to cry again.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll be ok deanyya

D
Old 08-01-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by petals View Post
Am I allowed to ask kahlia about the pdf?
if not sorry I will delete if needed. Eeep its august here....... I managed to end july sober.......looking forward to august!? Xx
good on you for ending july sober
I suffered with bulimia for 10 years and brought an online recovery program that saved my life. I never thought I would not be bulimic after an every single minute of the day addiction buy shaye saved my life. The program taught me how to love myself and forgive myself, it explained how shaye got over the addiction and everything she went through and helpful strategies. the benefits everything it was amazing. I saved it and am happy to share it with anyone its more for eating disorders but in my eyes eating is an addiction just like alcohol so it may help some to understand. Im here to help anyone through their journey just as you are all here to help me through my sober recovery.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Deyanna honey im so sorry your hurting. I suffer with depression and am on anti depressants as I used to cry over spilled milk LITERALLY lol. I still hurt and even though my thought process is a lot more rational crying cleanses me. I played sad songs and boiled my eyes out until I fell asleep a few weeks ago and I felt like a burden was lifted off my shoulders. don't think of the worst or the past or what if scenarios try and think of all the things you have learnt and accomplished. Are you being reasonable? will You survive? are you gonna be laughing about this moment in 5 years time with a friend and reminiscing. I promise the pain will slowly fade theres so many stages of a broken heart, guilt, anger, sadness,resentment,emptiness push through these sober cause dee is right the more you sweep it under a rug its just gonna rear its ugly head PS not sure what broken heart situation so tried to cover all sorry in advance if I wrote anything not relative. xxx
Old 08-01-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I'm ending Day 5 and am very pleased. I'm doing great and starting to remember who I was once.
Congrats all, not so much for any number of days but for deciding to save yourselves.

Gnight SR.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by deanyya View Post
Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with a broken heart without running to the store and buying some liquor?
((((deanyya))))

I'm so, so sorry you're going through this. I can imagine how strong the pull for liquor might be, but you'd only end up hurting yourself even more - and your heart would still be broken.

Being sober will change you in so many positive ways. For me, being sober has given me self-compassion. I finally feel good enough to be kind to myself - and part of that kindness is realising that alcohol and bingeing on food are ways of punishing myself for not being perfect.

If you didn't have a heart, it couldn't be broken. The capacity to love makes us vulnerable, but also makes us human. The pain you're feeling is a measure of the warm and caring person you are

Nourishment not punishment is the order of the day, deanyya. Much love to you, my friend xx
Old 08-01-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Up early and about to start day 19 of no bingeing. Feeling a little vulnerable today for some reason but determined to work my way through it

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Off to work soon but will check in later.

Hi Fixy!

Happy Saturday all xxx
Old 08-01-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
I am awake way too early today.
Everything checked out at the doctor good yesterday I do have a cataract in my driver side eye (( left )) but it can wait a while he said so I was real happy about the news
Just curious is that Panther Stadium
Old 08-01-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome PHS11

D
Old 08-01-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deanyya View Post
Thank you so much Dee. I just need to learn to deal with this the sober way. I don't know how to do that just yet. I'm just going to lay down for a little bit. I'm glad I came here first. Thanks. I appreciate your support. Need to learn to cry again.
After over 30 years of loving Bud Light, trying AA and other recovery things, I am finally at peace. I was what would be considered highly functional. Just finished "Kick the Drink...Easily". Totally changed my perception, I have decided to not be in recovery mode wishing for drink, but instead will be free and not be part of the alcohol culture. Best book I ever read. Not going to brainwashed by alcohol industry. AA not for me as I am going to be free and not be somewhere in twenty years stating I am something when I decided to live life and be alcohol free. AA is great for a lot of people and has helped millions, just not for me. Also a great website is Alcohol Mastery.

An incredible book that should be required reading for those who want to free from alcohol.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:12 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

good on u head lump uve come so far :-0 19 days wohoo keep pushing through or sleep it off as shaye says ;-) xx
Old 08-02-2014, 01:08 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHS11 View Post

Just curious is that Panther Stadium
Yes is Panther Stadium I took that picture during a game last year
Old 08-02-2014, 01:10 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Good Saturday morning to everyone I'm up bright an early I was up almost all night my boys showed up At about 9 we played games and BS most the night now I'm out here on the deck drinking coffee and watching the fish jump.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

My son his name is Drew made me cry tonight as he was getting ready to go to bed he came in and hugged me and he said dad I am so happy that when we got here We Found sober dad we enjoy sober dad so much better.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's a great family moment Mr F

D
Old 08-02-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
That's a great family moment Mr F

D
It is thank you I think is why I'm awake right now is when you're a drinker you don't realize how much you affect somebody else's life and feelings and now that I'm trying to be a good guy I realize how many people I have hurt along the way from my selfish drinking.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
My son his name is Drew made me cry tonight as he was getting ready to go to bed he came in and hugged me and he said dad I am so happy that when we got here We Found sober dad we enjoy sober dad so much better.
That is so awesome about you son. I thought that was Panther stadium, I used to go to some games when I lived out there.