It's all about me Part 2

Old 11-27-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! You too! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is the one day we can stuff ourselves without guilt! ha ha!

Old 11-27-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful American friends (and those living in the US ) I hope you have a wonderful day filled with lots of food, family and friends.

I want you to know I'm so thankful for each of you. You have all been such a tremendous support to me. Without all of you, I'm not sure where I'd be (or where H would be ... probably sleeping in a box under the bridge!)

You all mean a great deal to me.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thank you soverylost you have been a wonderful friend too. I hope you have a pleasant weekend. It won't be long until your appointment.

Well ladies I finally used my giftcard. Kohls had a Black Friday special on a tablet. It was regularly $99 But on sale for $49.99. Plus extra 15% off. My daughter told me it doesn't have as much storage in it but that it's fine to get on the internet and for the things I would use it for.

I was having a hard time getting on here lately because my iPad broke down. We were down to only one iPad for the whole household, my youngest uses it a lot too. So this way I have my own notebook. Do you think I made a good decision? Idk why I always think too much when I buy something? But I figured it's something I really use and need! So thank you again. I still have some left on the card too. Lol

I cooked all day yesterday. I made turkey/stuffing, mashed potatoes/gravy, corn casserole, green-bean casserole, sweet-potato casserole, warmed up dinner rolls, and pumpkin pie. We have plenty of leftovers so that's good...no cooking today!

Just about ready to head out outside to wash the car. Something I've been wanting to do for a longtime! But rarely have the car here at home to do it. It's a little cold out there but I bought these long rubber gloves that are thick and reach up to my shoulders so I think that will keep me warm.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! (Those of you who celebrated)

Oh, one more thing. My husband got the new job! It isn't much of an increase compared to his current one. It's only $2,000 more....but will need to pay that exact same amount for the insurance. So it's actually less, because now my husband noticed he got a raise this last check. Wasn't sure if it was a mistake or if they increased it like they had been promising for awhile now. If so this new job will pay him less than his current one and he loses one weeks vacation. He gets 2 weeks with his current job and one one week with the new job. The new job is closer....15 mins. Away....the current one is 1 1/2 hours away. But the work day is 30 mins. Longer than the current job.
Now, the clincher is that my husband is very unhappy at his current job. His boss is extremely rude to him and the people who own the company are crooks and users according to my husband. You know he comes home with anxiety and chest pains and is stressed out big time! This new one we don't know for sure if the environment is better or not. But what he saw of it while he was there he loved it...said everyone seemed friendly with one another and reminded him of a place he worked before that he loved...but company shut down. He says it looks like there is room for advancement at this other job, whereas the current one is a dead end job...no advancement potential at all! In the past my husband advanced rather quickly at jobs. He wants to except this offer....but is worried about us and what we want because of the pay. What should he do guys? What should I tell him? He's asking for my opinion and I know he will do whatever I decide. He always does that! I want him to be happy but we need the money too. But I hate for him to be stressed! Help me make this decision!!! Remember what the psychic said? Lol
Old 11-28-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Happy Black Friday!

Soverylost, Im happy to have met you too. I hope the weekend goes ok, and time is ticking on other things planned, are you feeling anxious? I think I would be.

Butter, Allfor, hope u both had good Thamksgivings. I heard a rumor Butter didnt have pumpkin pie? Hahahaha

Clean, I sort of talked to u about the job thing already, but its not fair they are so close in pay. I think he needs to think about the future if this is the case. Where he will hopefully have higher job satisfaction, the possibility for advancement. He knows someone there right? Do they like it there? Your husband has a specialized career, and I think of it sort of like my husbands. He loves his work and focuses on it too much sometimes. But it holds a different meaning for him. I feel like your husband is the same way. Plus if the psychic was right, this is his "dream job". The company is stable right? If he gets there, should be secure? I knew he had a long commute, didnt know it was 1.5 hours. Will he be able to take a train to this new office?

Thanksgiving was good. We went to my parents, and his. I made the cake for his moms house, and she said it was pretty. It was moist and I think everyone liked it. No making them nibble on raw carrot! Husbunny did ok with his anxiety, and I was thinking how much worse it was last year over the holidays. Lot of signs of improvement, it gave me something else to be thankful for.

I think its cool u got a new tablet. I got a small one just for here and Smart mostly. I didnt get an expensive one either. Its harder to get used to than the ipad I have, but slowly Im mastering it, and I forgot how much memory it has but its a lot less too. Like your daughter said unless you load lots of movies, games, or big apps then I think it will be fine. You got a good price too! I went shopping very early with my sister, and Im going back out with my mom as she wants to go to this place AGAIN today, before her 20% coupon expires. She said maybe I will find something I want. Now what are the odds of this? Ha! Wish me luck, BBL
Old 11-28-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Clean, wonderful news about your hubby's job!! I think, for me, it would come down to job satisfaction. I would take even a lower paying job if I felt appreciated and enjoyed what I did. Money is important, but it isn't everything, and the raises will come I'm sure. And awesome price on the tablet!

Blue, glad your cake turned out well! I knew it would. Glad everyone had a good thanksgiving.

Unfortunately we're off to a bad start for the weekend. Such a great weekend last weekend, and all week, and come home to a huge pity party on his part. If he isn't drunk he will be soon. Seriously tired of this. Now he's checked out for the night - I haven't even had a chance for supper yet. Ahhh, gotta love weekends. How many minutes till Monday??
Old 11-28-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Ha Ha! Blue you cracked me up! I'm sure you could find something to use that coupon on! Lol I was planning to hit the stores too...but got lazy. Thinking about finding parking, scrambling for the special Black Friday deals, waiting in long lines...made me decide to order online and have it delivered. Butter didn't get a piece of pumpkin pie? Oh, is that because of your milk allergy butter? I can't wait til my tablet gets here! Today I needed it so badly. The whole day my daughter was occupying the iPad. Finally, I get it and she's bored so she's chatting with me. Wish I was better at multi tasking!

Ok, she went upstairs now I only have butter bunny to distract me. Blue I'm glad you had a nice thanksgiving...that's great that your cake turned out nicely. I'm especially happy that husbunny's anxiety wasn't too bad! That's awesome news!

I think I'm going to tell him to take the new job. That company is growing, something I hadn't mentioned. But they are hiring because they are building a new branch in a city about 20 minutes away. He will transfer to that new branch in 2016. So I think he will have room to grow and become a manager/director which is what he has experience in. He said this first year is supposed to be like a time of training and becoming familiar with the company and their products. There is a specialty that he has that the new company needs. Experience with a certain machine and process...so he will be developing some products using that machine. Then they want him to train other employees. The lady, who interviewed him said, that if all goes well, when they open the new branch, he will have his own area and team. So it's exciting for my husband to be involved in something new like that. He is miserable at his current job.

Alright, see you tomorrow!
Old 11-28-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Clean, just re-read your post. I thought the salaries were equal but it looks like the new one would be less? That's hard, when money is tight. Does your hubby feel OK approaching the new company and saying his current company just gave him a raise, and could the new company do better? That's hard to do but worth a shot if he's able. Otherwise he has to go with what feels best to him, right? You spend the majority of your waking time at your job, and if you don't enjoy it, that is hard. It takes a toll on your mental and physical health.

I believe we all know the answers to our questions, deep inside. What does his heart tell him about this job?
Old 11-28-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Ha Ha! Blue you cracked me up! I'm sure you could find something to use that coupon on! Lol I was planning to hit the stores too...but got lazy. Thinking about finding parking, scrambling for the special Black Friday deals, waiting in long lines...made me decide to order online and have it delivered. Butter didn't get a piece of pumpkin pie? Oh, is that because of your milk allergy butter? I can't wait til my tablet gets here! Today I needed it so badly. The whole day my daughter was occupying the iPad. Finally, I get it and she's bored so she's chatting with me. Wish I was better at multi tasking!

Ok, she went upstairs now I only have butter bunny to distract me. Blue I'm glad you had a nice thanksgiving...that's great that your cake turned out nicely. I'm especially happy that husbunny's anxiety wasn't too bad! That's awesome news!

I think I'm going to tell him to take the new job. That company is growing, something I hadn't mentioned. But they are hiring because they are building a new branch in a city about 20 minutes away. He will transfer to that new branch in 2016. So I think he will have room to grow and become a manager/director which is what he has experience in. He said this first year is supposed to be like a time of training and becoming familiar with the company and their products. There is a specialty that he has that the new company needs. Experience with a certain machine and process...so he will be developing some products using that machine. Then they want him to train other employees. The lady, who interviewed him said, that if all goes well, when they open the new branch, he will have his own area and team. So it's exciting for my husband to be involved in something new like that. He is miserable at his current job.

Alright, see you tomorrow!
Old 11-28-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Clean, just re-read your post. I thought the salaries were equal but it looks like the new one would be less? That's hard, when money is tight. Does your hubby feel OK approaching the new company and saying his current company just gave him a raise, and could the new company do better? That's hard to do but worth a shot if he's able. Otherwise he has to go with what feels best to him, right? You spend the majority of your waking time at your job, and if you don't enjoy it, that is hard. It takes a toll on your mental and physical health.

I believe we all know the answers to our questions, deep inside. What does his heart tell him about this job?
Old 11-28-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

What happened? I promise I only pushed once!
Old 11-28-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Oh soverylost! So sorry to see that your husband is at it again! I wish there was something he had an interest in...like a hobby or sport or some type of service work that he could concentrate on during the weekends. Obviously, I don't know much about your husband...but it seems like weekends are his weakest times. Would you mind elaborating a little on what his pity-party is about? If not here via pm if you are more comfortable.
(((Soverylost)))

When they were discussing salary, my husband told them it's too low...that his current job was only a couple thousand more and that he was looking for a job that paid more. That's why he didn't except the position yet. She told him she would speak to the president of the company and get back to him. Today she told him that was all they could offer but that it would increase after some time. He was planning to speak to his current manager and tell them he had an offer and if they could raise his salary he would stay. But that was before he noticed they raised it already. Why does this have to happen like this? For the past five years he was trying to get a raise and NOW they give it to him?!? I don't know if they got word of this job? Maybe they called someone to verify his employment? Idk. But I do know my husband has been physically and mentally sick from the stress of this job. It isn't stressful as in hard to do the work....he says it's stressful in the way they cheat to get things approved that shouldn't be approved. My husband is too honest!!!! He gets physically ill when he thinks that something is going to be given to a child, that didn't pass quality control standards but because of greedy people gets passed. I can't say I blame him...but he has no control over it. Even if he were to report it...big industry is too huge..they are untouchable. As long as he completes his tests and writes the correct report, what happens after that is out if his hands. Right? But I understand his not wanting to be a part of it. He would have left long ago if he had another job lined up. So I think the answer is he better get out of there ASAP! Writing this all out is helping me to understand that no amount of money is worth working for this type of company. I just hope this one is honest. Because he won't be happy there either if it's not!
Old 11-29-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I found some things to use with the coupon, and we hit some other stores too. Now I know for sure where I get my shopping gene.

What happened with the job? What a big day and decision.

Soverylost, Im sorry you came in to a pity party on his part. I will be thinking about you, and hope it changes direction, or you and the kids can still have a good weekend. You guys dont have to party with his pity. Hmm that doesnt sound exactly right but I think u know what I mean. ((Hugs)) to you.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hey blue! Glad you had a nice time with your mom! Did you get any Christmas shopping done too?
Old 11-29-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Butter where are you?!? Did someone melt Butter?
Old 11-30-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Hey blue! Glad you had a nice time with your mom! Did you get any Christmas shopping done too?
Not much ! I bought my mom some things, and she bought me some things. We do this every year, and we will both wrap them up perfect like the other doesnt know! Ha! I did get a couple other gifts to give but so not done.

Wanted to say hi before we go to church. Where is Butter? I hope I didnt use too much in the cookies I made the other night. Maybe I depleted the Butter reserves? Oh no ! The molasses cookies were good with milk Clean! Also good with milk and coolwhip! Husbunny discovered that one.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hello Ladies

I owe you an apology. I'm sorry I've been MIA. I'm not even sure if i have a good excuse. Of course I was busy with my friends and their families and I had blast, but i don't know,i also lacked a bit of motivation to come on here. I don't really know why. I'm sorry!

I hope you all had a nice thanks giving. I had a great one with my American family. I am so grateful to had the opportunity to spend it with so great people who mean so much to me. We had a really great time. Lot's of food, laughter and fun over all 5 days. I also went to do some shopping, which was nice. I love thanks giving

Clean, I would say he should take the new job. I think being happy with what we do is very important and it seems as if your hubby is really suffering in his old job. I know, money is a big issue, but honestly, i'm not sure if it's worth it. It seems as if he has a lot of opportunities in his new job and that it might be worth it to take the chance.

Soverylost, i'm sorry your weekend was off to a bad start, but i hope it got better!

Blue, YOU USED BUTTER? lol just kidding. I'm glad hubby did well with his anxiety and i hope you all could enjoy the holiday and the time off!

BBL (((Hugs)))
Old 12-01-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm so happy that everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving weekend, especially you, Butter, for your first American thanksgiving! Sounds like there were some wonderful deals to be had too!!

Unfortunately, our weekend did not get much better. H told me yesterday morning that drinks because he likes it, plain and simple, and that he doesn't see a problem with it. I'm hoping he's lying - seems like he's done a lot of that lately - and knows there is a problem but just doesn't want to admit it to me or talk about it.

I'm getting to a point where, I'm not sure what's going to happen anymore. I need to talk to the counselor about the idea of somehow putting H into rehab without his consent, if that can be done in our province and the steps I would have to take. There are some other things I'm starting to see - he only sleeps about 3 or 4 hours a night, he's gained a lot of weight in a relatively short period of time, and he's becoming very forgetful and agitated over small things. I'm very worried about him. He gets sick very easily - he's had a bad flu for 2 weeks now, where it should have just passed through him in a couple days. He's so run down he has no immunity left.

I'm also wondering, maybe I just need to ask him, straight out, what is most important to him. Let him make his choices, and then move on with life however it looks after that. I'm tired of being married to someone who is constantly having an affair with a plastic bottle filled with cheap liquid.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Im tired today!

Soverylost,

Those conversations and seeing him physically worse have to be emotionally tough. Im happy you have appointments set up soon, and can get feedback from the doctor. Maybe he is getting nervous too knowing its not long, and it will be sort of like put up or shut up time for him. I hope this doc can help YOU more too. Wherever your at emotionally, I think a good doctor should be able and willing to see you there, and start right there at that point with you.

the time off was good for us, now we are looking at some vacation options before Christmas. But I know I want to be home for it this year.

BBL
Old 12-01-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi Ladies,
I have kinda bad news. B is in a relationship. I found out last night. I am ok. I can't take it seriously. She is much younger than he is. At least 10 years. She looks like a child. My state of mind changes. I am doing ok right now. I think it is just another indication of either how he played me or of how sick he is. The person i know wouldn't date her. I also know that he is not the person i want to be with or who could give me what i want and need. however, a part of me is upset and hurt. I guess that's natural. I need to move on. I need to forget him and that's why i decided i need to take some time off from SR. I need to let go of B but thinking about his addiction holds me back. i find excuses and i find reasons to explain. And i worry about him. that needs to stop. as i told the amazing clean she told me she comes here because of the friendships. i want to reach that point to, but i need to make that step first. It's only a break, i will get notifications if i get a PM and in addition blue and clean know where to find me. so i am not really gone. I haven't made any decisions. Maybe you see me sooner than expected. Maybe it will take a while. I also haven't deleted him yet. I might do that also. Please don't be sad or upset or even mad at me. It's only a break and i feel it's what I need to do.
Thank you so much for your endless support and help.
i have one positive note as well. I started to talk to a guy i met online yesterday afternoon. So far it's going well, but maybe if you can keep me and my lovelife in your prayers and keep your fingers crossed for me, that it might work out this time... i would really appreciate it.

((((clean)))))) (((((blue))))) (((((Allfor))))) (((((eyes)))))) (((((soverylost))))))

i will see you soon!
Old 12-01-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Im back everyone.. I was MIA too.. spending time with family and putting any thoughts of past addictions aside... But I did miss all of you, and hoped you were all having good days.

Butter I understand. Im really proud of you for being so open, for seeing B for who he is.. and its not that he is bad.. but whatever is going on with him - he is not who you want, not right now, and maybe never.. you have needs right now, and to be honest; I really want you to enjoy your time here. Its such a wonderful experience for you to be here studying abroad, and I hate for you to miss out on even the dating experience here.. you should give it a whirl.. just be careful, you don't want anyone to become a rebound for you.. take it slow.. we will have to come and pull you back ... LOL

We had cousins stay with us over the weekend, and just left today. They had two kids.. one is 5 and the other 7.. my son played so well with both of them.. it was funny; with the little girl, she tried to act like the adult and teach him.. but the older boy, my son tried to act more like a grownup and used him as an example.. I guess this does point to external influences and how we react even as children. Studying his behavior is fascinating to me..LOL

Its also a busy time for me at work.. I came earlier tonight because I had to get caught up, and also I need to get a little extra sleep, have more time to unwind at night because work is very busy right now, and some of you know I can be very "rigid" about my schedule...have to get everything done in the house, before I take time to come on SR.. and it gets a little late sometimes.. and my dear friend Cleanin I know I keep her up too late upon occasion with our chats.. But they are fun...