It's all about me Part 2

Old 11-19-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Congratulations Butter! You got an A, and you were worried ! You crack me up! Im proud of you, its not been easy to focus with whats been going on, but your prioritizing, and your growing and facing things head on! I heard your other HW got an A+ !!

My day at work has been uneventful, it feels like a Wednesday when u hit the hump.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Aaaaw you are cute! Thank you! it's true. it hasn't been easy with all that B-S going on but i tried my best to let it not influence my school work. I would never forgive myself if i had bad grades because of it. ha i guess that's another point for my list: having good grades despite B-S
Old 11-19-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

BUTTER IS BACK !

B-S why did none of us ever think of this before? Its funny !

Old 11-20-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey there! Where is everyone?
Clean, Blue i hope you're working on your homework Again clean, the excuse that bunny b ate your homework will not be accepted. The same goes for Blue... Jaguar or other squirrels eating your homework - nope! And blue, no pressure but I hope you do well, at least your responsible for my future husband

I'm doing well, very busy but so excited for the Thanksgiving break and thanksgiving itself. My first American thanksgiving It's crazy after next week we'll only have 2 more weeks of classes until i go home. WOW! That went by fast!

How are you all doing? Any news? Clean,how's your oldest daughter doing? Does she feel better? My knee is better, thank god! It felt pretty bad when it happened so I'm glad it's nothing serious!

BBL
Old 11-20-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I havent started my HW yet, but I did write you back, i hope it didnt get stuck again?
How about Im thinking about the questions? This is part of actually doing the homework right? I shouldnt ask this question to a teacher should I ?

I feel sluggish, and I think it might be due to last week we had the long weekend, it was busy, i was tired, then it back to work, and i feel like ifs slow motion days but im not accomplishing enough.

I did download the audio of the Beyond Addiction book, I can drive and do something productive not only sing in the car.

Do u guys sing while you drive?

Im also starting to worry about what I can take to my MIL on Thanksgiving. She is hard to impress and Im not sure she thinks I can cook all that great. Remember my attempt at the yule log for Christmas? She never saw it, but I had a frosting meltdown ! It would be safer to order something put it in a fancy bowl, add cheese, almost everything is better with extra cheese and pretend. But I cant, Im stubbornly determined to prove myself to her!

Butter what are u doing your 1st Thanksgiving here?
Old 11-20-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Haha I wrote you back too blue

You better start your homework. I'm a strict grader and you're dealing with my future! So i need you to get an A+.

I'm sorry you feel sluggish.. I hope you get some rest on the weekend!

I always sing when I drive. Even when I drive my motor scooter at home

Hmm... what do you want to take? main dish? dessert? bring some chocolate Actually, what happened to that huge Box of (disgusting ) belgium chocolate I had some earlier this month and had to say it's not like swiss chocolate which is 1000 times better
Old 11-20-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Did you have authentic belgium chocolate? Want me to send u some? Its unique from Swiss, you have to adjust your palate.

Im thinking about carrot cake from scratch with cream cheese frosting. My mom gave me a good recipe, but it includes using the food processor and getting those carrots right or MIL will be eating chunks of carrot? And hard carrot if its not cooked good enough! A two layer cake with raisins and the whole thing?

Do u guys think I can do it. Up to MIL standards? Im tempted to do a trial run ?

I owe you one back Butter!
Old 11-20-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I would ask Cleanin about the carrots.. she should be the expert due to her bunnies... LOL She might even want to make the Bunny its own cake?

Have faith in yourself... of course you can make a carrot cake.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi guys yep it's that late at night. My daughter went with a couple friends to visit a psychic medium. They just went for fun and to see what she said about who they'd marry, when and how many kids they'll each have. Honestly, I don't put too much merit in these kinds of things....but it was weird that the psychic asked my daughter who was the woman with the first letter M in her name that crossed over recently? She said she was a maternal figure and wanted her to tell my daughter that she was very proud of her. (My daughter just graduated from college) When my daughter didn't say anything she said Mom's mother? Then my daughter told her it was her grandmother. Then the psychic said well she wants you to know that she's happy and at peace now. Then she told her that she died in her sleep and that it was very peaceful and a very easy transition. My Dad had my mother so comfortable throughout her last days. She died at home in her sleep with my father holding her hand.

But it gets even better guys! Then the psychic told my daughter that she's getting a feeling that someone very close to her is suffering from an addiction! Seriously! She told her that. My daughter didn't say anything...so then the lady says it's your mother and you have had a rocky relationship in the past but that you've found forgiveness in your heart and that is a good thing. Then she says you need to go on with your life...but you remain stuck because you feel you need to remain at home for your two siblings. Then she said....but you don't need to anymore....your mother is doing better now and will continue to do well. They have their mother so you can go ahead and live your life.

I won't give the entire reading here...but omg! It was too true! She said things that there is NO WAY she could have known! One more important thing she said was that she sees her father breaking from his current job and going to a new job. That this new job would be very good for her father. Remember I told you my husband had an interview? There were a few other things she said but it just looked so real!

So that is why I'm up so late tonight. Discussing all this with my daughter. But then we started getting creeped out! Ha!

Alfor I hope you are enjoying your Christmas movie.
Blue get some extra sleep tonight.
Butter I know I'm late with my HW. Blue you have HW too?

So what do you think? Do you believe in psychic's?
Old 11-21-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

wow clean you were up wicked late!

Honestly, i don't know if I believe in psychics. I guess i would have to experience it myself. Did they go to that LI medium that's on TV? It's very cool and a bit scary that she knew all that about your daughter. I once heard that they have like catchy questions, like almost everyone can relate to and then ask more indirect questions to get to the information. But it seems that the one your daughter went to was really good. She said very specific things to your daughter. It's a little bit scary though.

Don't worry about it, I went out with a couple of friends from school. It was good, we had fun. And i had no encounter with table or anything else this time

So ladies, since you're all more experienced. How would you describe a crush? I'm asking for a friend of course ;-)

I'm a bit down today. It's my mom's birthday and it makes me sad i can't be there for her and make her day special... following your dreams comes with high prizes. Ok, 1 month and 2 days and i'll see her again!

I hope you're all are doing well and have a nice day Happy Friday
Old 11-21-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Wow, Clean, that's kind of creepy! I believe in psychics, but I also believe there are few very true ones. I once went to see Sylvia Browne, when she did a talk in our city. Didn't get a reading, but I wasn't so sure she knew what she was talking about. But there are some true ones I think, and since it hit so close with such specificity ... very cool. And I believe our loved ones that have passed over are always with us. I know my Dad is, even though he has never done anything to make himself known like I hear some loved ones do. I often talk to him, especially about H, since they were very close. My dad loved H like his own son.

Butter, how would I describe a crush? Hmm. You mean, how do you describe when you have a crush? My heart would beat faster, I would feel short of breath around him, I'd think about him a lot, and of course analyze every word and look from him lol. It's been a long time since I've had a crush on anyone lol

Happy birthday to your mom. I'm sorry you can't be there with her, but you can celebrate with her soon! In my family, we always say the special day is whenever you make it. We've even had Christmas in Feb before, because that's when we could be together. So tell your mom she will have a proper birthday celebration with you when you go home to visit in 1 month and 2 days and counting ... !

Blue, a carrot cake sounds delicious. Even I was able to make one, you'll do fine! And now I'm hungry! LOL
Old 11-21-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

oh and clean, wonderful news about your husband, if the psychic is true!! Crossing my fingers for him!
Old 11-21-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Oh blue! first eeewh, no raisins in a carrot cake!!! :S my mom always buys the carrots that are already processed to really thin stripes. I don't know if you have them here, but the one you use for carrot salad. They work fine! You can also do a swiss carrot cake. I can look up the recipe if you want. It's easier and instead of a cheesecake frosting we use sugarcoat! very good... now i want one! gosh when I go back I will gain 1000 pounds because of all the food i want and miss lol.

you're right soverylost. I can celebrate with her when i'm back. It seems as if she has a nice day and I'm about to skype with her
Old 11-21-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thank you soverylost! I've got them crossed too! The weird thing is that they haven't called him yet! oh well, we can hope can't we?

Butter the strange thing is that my daughter didn't talk much at all. Never answered questions. She is very quiet around people she doesn't know very well...so different from her mama!
So does this friend have a crush on someone in her class? **wink wink** I ditto what soverylost said she felt when having a crush. They got my heart going pitter patter! Ha ha!
Happy Birthday to Mama Buttercup!

Allfor I always have carrots on hand now! This little butter bunny's favorite is banana's! Gotta give him a half banana per day to keep him happy!

Blue I don't think you give yourself enough credit! I am sure you are a wonderful cook! I've been reading all these different types of dishes and deserts you have been making! I'll bet you are a better cook than your MIL! Carrot cake is a great idea!

So allfor which movies have you watched so far? Put me in the Christmas mood! I want to get some holiday shopping done this weekend! But first, I'm going to KOHLS to pick out something special for myself! I happen to have a gift card from there! Thanks to my awesome besties! :-)

Well, my daughter ended up sleeping downstairs with me. Hubs got kicked to the couch. Lol
We were discussing psychics and if it's ok to go see them and believe in them. what my hubs said made sense to me. He said he felt it was alright to go to them for fun or entertainment. He thinks some of them do have special powers.....but not all. (I think that's what you said right soverylost? Butter I agree that many if not most lead you on by asking questions or using general info.) But he thinks it isn't right to get too trusting in them that you can't make a decision without consulting them or you follow them blindly....like basing future decisions on their predictions. I have to agree with him. I think they purposely lead you into things that get you to come back to them too....or suck family or friends into going to them. Like for instance the psychic told my daughter that she has a friend that wants to be closer to her...but who my daughter keeps away a little. Could be anyone right? But then she mentioned this friend being an Aquarius. So she got my daughter thinking which friend it could be. She came up with one from her school....that texts her quite a bit...but my daughter hasn't gotten too close to. Then the psychic said to tell her that a person who is a relative died recently and wants you to tell her Hello. So my daughter texted that girl with that message. Well, the girl obviously thought about who she knew that died recently. She then came up with her step-mom's sister. So know she wants to make an appointment with this psychic to get more information. Bingo....a new client for this psychic right? Ha ha! So they know how to build their clientele. She also said quite a few things about me and makes me want to make an appointment too. Plus, left a few things vague for my daughter that makes her want to go back. Well, we will see, but I don't think it's something I want to get too involved in....or waste money I don't have on. But it was weird how she knew so much about us.

Alright, I hope everyone has a very nice weekend. Special prayers going up for you soverylost!

Oh btw...it wasn't the Long Island medium....someone else...I forgot the name now! Ha!
Old 11-21-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

i agree clean. I think it's okay to go them for "fun". But i think it becomes dangerous when you start to give them too much power. For example what if they tell you something negative? Will you believe that too? ( you used in a general sense) or if they say you will meet someone in a blue shirt are you going crazy about looking that guy in a blue shirt? i think that's when it becomes difficult.

but i'm happy for your daughter that she had such a good reading and it's for sure very interesting.

No, my friend doesn't have a crush on someone in her class. He doesn't go here. She wishes he was in her class though ;-)

Thanks for the birthday wishes for my mom
Old 11-21-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I think there are psychic people, but agree probably many more fakes out there who pick up on tiny things by observation or leading question especially if people are emotional when they go. This sounds like a real one!

How would she pinpoint in on specific things like that? Your daughter is sharp too, I think she would realize if she was being asked probing questions that led to some of her answers. It would be a creepy feeling too, someone being able to tell things you never mentioned? I wouldnt have slept all night !

I was wondering what your husband would say, hes got the scientific mind. I agree its ok for fun but not as a life coach.

Can u imagine how this bunny must feel? He went from the little cage all day to so much attention, and bananas! How cute!

Your all out there making carrot cakes, well darn it Im gonna make one too. Its going to be the most beautiful one my mother in law has ever seen! This might take it to far, Im sure shes seen a lot of cake. Hahahaha. Good idea Butter, I could buy shredded carrot. I like the food procesor, but its hard to clean the pieces. Or I could at least have some on standby? If I end up with way too many, maybe squirrels eat them? Or wild bunnies? Or some of the other animals i attracted with the peanuts ? They wont go to waste!

How do you make yours Butter? Are you talking about a glaze like for a bundt cake, thin sugar glaze? I looked one up and it had almonds in it? If u dont mind, can u show me an authentic swiss recipe? I found several, dont know which is correct.

Im sorry you cant be with your mom today. I bet shes proud her daughter is out there following her dreams. Our family often celebrates things after the day, like if a birthday falls on a Wednesday, we will wait for the weekend when we can all get together and have a birthday cake and give cards or gifts. you can make her a birthday cake when you get home!

Happy Birthday Mama Buttercup!

Soverylost, I hope your day is good,, fingers crossed!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Blue, i sent you an email (ok, probably more than 1 since yesterday )

thank you for the happy birthday. I feel better now,I talked to her and she had a nice day, the way she wanted it to be. So i'm glad about that. I skyped with her and she was happy

Soverlylost, i keep my fingers crossed too and also for your hubby clean
Old 11-21-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

OMG Butters recipe includes jam ! She said I could skip it, but jam! And it had marzipan carrots to decorate? Can i buy those or do I have to make them? Do you see how excited I am? Its the small things in life !

I was thinking too, I dont want to give the wrong impression of my MIL. I LOVE HER. She is a little intimidating and a bit of a perfectionist is all. I dont know how many times this year when Ive been with my inlaws, Ive felt completely grateful to them both. Last year was hard but they knew what to do, and even though my MIL took some frustration out on me, it proved I can trust them, and they not only cared about their son, they genuinely cared about me too. I needed to say it because really almost brings me to tears knowing they could have been totally different, and I dont know what would have happened without their guidance for both of us from the start.

Clean maybe now the thank you emails are done, it requires a thank you baked good. A little sampling of what the wife can cook? I think if I was weighing two equal candidates, the potential quality of baked goods they would be bringing in to work would tip it. Its not really bribery is it?
Old 11-22-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Hi guys yep it's that late at night. My daughter went with a couple friends to visit a psychic medium. They just went for fun and to see what she said about who they'd marry, when and how many kids they'll each have. Honestly, I don't put too much merit in these kinds of things....but it was weird that the psychic asked my daughter who was the woman with the first letter M in her name that crossed over recently? She said she was a maternal figure and wanted her to tell my daughter that she was very proud of her. (My daughter just graduated from college) When my daughter didn't say anything she said Mom's mother? Then my daughter told her it was her grandmother. Then the psychic said well she wants you to know that she's happy and at peace now. Then she told her that she died in her sleep and that it was very peaceful and a very easy transition. My Dad had my mother so comfortable throughout her last days. She died at home in her sleep with my father holding her hand.

But it gets even better guys! Then the psychic told my daughter that she's getting a feeling that someone very close to her is suffering from an addiction! Seriously! She told her that. My daughter didn't say anything...so then the lady says it's your mother and you have had a rocky relationship in the past but that you've found forgiveness in your heart and that is a good thing. Then she says you need to go on with your life...but you remain stuck because you feel you need to remain at home for your two siblings. Then she said....but you don't need to anymore....your mother is doing better now and will continue to do well. They have their mother so you can go ahead and live your life.

I won't give the entire reading here...but omg! It was too true! She said things that there is NO WAY she could have known! One more important thing she said was that she sees her father breaking from his current job and going to a new job. That this new job would be very good for her father. Remember I told you my husband had an interview? There were a few other things she said but it just looked so real!

So that is why I'm up so late tonight. Discussing all this with my daughter. But then we started getting creeped out! Ha!

Alfor I hope you are enjoying your Christmas movie.
Blue get some extra sleep tonight.
Butter I know I'm late with my HW. Blue you have HW too?

So what do you think? Do you believe in psychic's?
That's really neat Cleanin... Ive never been to a psychic, but Ive seen the 1800numbers on late night tv... I think your daughter saw one who was a bit different than those.. LOL It sounds legit... It would be a little scary. Did she tell your daughter anything else about her future? what kind of man she will marry, etc? I think it would be fun to go to one.. but it would be just out of curiosity and entertainment. But you know me, I would probably be astounded and get hooked.. I might find out when Im going to get my Alpaca farm? .. Inside joke...

Im enjoying the Christmas movies and so far my husband has been watching with me. One night I watched one with Jenny Garth.. do you remember her? she was one of the original cast of Beverly hills 90210 and has done a lot of tv.. I cant remember what else.. anyway it was a common twist on the Christmas carol.. hit her head, and what would life have been like, or what is real and what not.. save an inn from developers, reunite with her old love.. learn you can speak Chinese.. Last night we watched Love Actually with Hugh Grant, Colin Firth.. I like that one except I could have done without the one couple they highlighted who spent the whole show being stand in's practicing a sex scene... LOL.. I could deal with the nude art gallery stuff, but the other just wasn't necessary IMO...

You ladies need to start watching some Christmas movies. They are relaxing
Old 11-22-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I almost forgot.. I saw our Khols is doing the Khol's cash this week... I may go by there myself, I need to find my son a cute outfit for Thanksgiving. He is growing and while he would be happy wearing his bug or horse costume... I want him to look a little more proper, plus he can use it for church.