It's all about me Part 2

Old 11-13-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ok, I want to whine. It's so flipping cold here. I hate winter! Every year I hate it more and more. Today was the first time in two weeks we had sunshine.

Right now it's -22 Celsius, which is about -8 Fahrenheit. That doesn't even sound cold in Fahrenheit lol. But with the wind it feels like -30 C, which it tells me is -20 F. Yuck. I can't get warm today. Sad part is, -22 C isn't even that cold.

Thank God for central heat, and command remote start vehicles!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thats worth whining about! Id be glued to cups of hot cocoa !

You guys know how I love cheese, last night there was Flying Heart Cheese ! Too pretty to eat:

Old 11-14-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

oh gosh that's wicked cold soverylost. Please keep the cold and don't send it to Mass. it's pretty cold too here and we had a little bit of snow this morning. crazy! where did the time
go?

i'm still in a pretty bad mood! i really really miss my friends from home right now. oh well, just gotta hang in there! off to do some retail therapy
Old 11-14-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

No updates from Cleanin... in a long time... where is she?

I was trying to post last night on here and something happened, and I forgot to come back... I was sleepy. I did good for a few days getting here earlier and then I relapsed back to my old ways. LOL

Cute cheese Blue... did you break down and eat some of it? I bet you did...

Soverylost.. way too cold. Have you always lived where its cold?

I love all Christmas movies.. Im a sucker for the Hallmark Channel... even though many of them are basically the same concepts... LOL.. I love the classics each year... Christmas Carol. Its a wonderful life. Miracle on 34th street.... I was just telling someone I spent so much time working on my sons Halloween costume, and now everywhere I look its Christmas... there isn't even a gap in time. I wish I was organized enough to get the majority of my shopping done early. I think it would allow me to enjoy the season more. Instead I always have that looming over my head.. or use every weekend to go out and shop. Maybe in part, Im just indecisive ? I do plan on shopping some this weekend

I hope everyone has a good weekend.. taking care of ourselves, spending time with family, getting into the holiday spirit... watching Christmas movies.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Did someone mention Christmas shopping? That time already? Wow...I guess it is isn't it? Do I HAVE to? I guess I do! You can see THAT is how far I've gotten! Last year I was on the ball. This year? Well....I wonder if they'll have some nice Christmas Eve sales...or better yet the day after? Just kidding!

Soverylost I'm grumpy about our cold weather! Temps fell into the 40's and 50's a couple days ago. May I ask what you all keep your thermostat on in the house? Do you keep it at an even temp day and night...or do you program it to go down a little at night? I'm sort of new to being in control of a thermostat. Before we were living in apartments where the landlord was in charge. So it feels nice to be in charge once more...but don't want to burn thru the oil too fast. We just had our tank filled...$746 it cost us to fill the tank. We have a plan that we pay them $300 per month to keep it filled up...but if we don't use that amount every month we will be refunded in May.

Butter sorry you are still bummed out. I wish something nice would happen for you! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Blue I would love to help myself at that cheese table pictured! Looks so festive and yummy! It brings back wonderful childhood memories of Christmas Eve. My mom had a lovely table filled with holiday goodies and assorted cheese and crackers....wine and eggnog every Christmas Eve. We'd come home from candle-light service at church to a cozy house decorated beautifully with our giant tree packages spread underneath and a cozy fire in the fire place. We always opened gifts at that time and would enjoy our special holiday snack just after that. The next day is when we'd travel to my grandparents and celebrate with my aunts and uncles and cousins. Then we'd have a huge dinner afterward.

How do you guys spend your Christmas holidays? Any special traditions?

Alfor I love those classic holiday shows and movies too. That's cool that you have them all recorded. I grew-up watching A Christmas Carol every Christmas Eve night after opening our gifts. But would watch all those other specials leading up to Christmas too....we still watch them. I get such a warm and fuzzy feeling sitting with my kids while they watch those same shows that I enjoyed so much. That's something you have to look forward to with your son. :-)

I had a very busy week. I am a little disappointed by my test score...but will retake it again in three months if I don't get called for an interview. My husband's interview looks promising. It went very well! Just praying they will call him soon. The next day he sent out thank you emails....I helped him write them. Ha! So now we wait and see. If he doesn't hear from them soon I told him we should send another email. What do you guys think? Okay or too pushy? Then Thursday my daughter had an eye appointment. Yesterday my husband had a post surgical appt. So it's been a busy week for me which is why I haven't been here to post! I'll try not to be away that long. Sorry guys. I tend to write Pms first then when I have time, write on the thread. Maybe I should write here first then Pms?

I am sharing the iPad with my youngest daughter so I don't always have access to SR.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and soverylost I hope your husband stays on this good path of not drinking and spending more time with you and the family.

Oh I've been talking to my oldest daughter the past few days. She had the knee surgery yesterday and is now recuperating. It went well...supposedly it's been fixed. She is in pain...but not excruciating pain and is on quite a few painkillers right now. The Doctor told her to take it as prescribed and not to miss any doses. The key is to not let it wear off. So far she's following doctor's orders. Out of curiosity I asked her how the med makes her feel. She said they make her drowsy and sleepy and removes the pain. She says other than that she doesn't get what I liked about them. I just told her that was good and I'm glad she feels that way! Ha!
But she is having a problem getting her husband to help out with their son. I think small kids and having a wife just out of surgery makes him nervous? His parents are there to help out. But apparently my grandson is quite the handful. She says no one can handle him? He wants to be near his mommy but she's afraid he will bump the machine she has there that forces her leg to move around so it doesn't become stiff? Just awhile ago we were talking and she was trying to persuade his Dad and Grandpa to take him to the store with them. They were arguing about it? What do a say? I want my son-in- law to be good to my daughter and to take care of their son and give her a break. But I don't think it's my place to get involved? I think she needs to handle her husband and in-laws not me? Right or wrong? So I just tried to be neutral. Just explained to my daughter that some men get nervous when their wives are out of commission and concentrate on the positive points about him...for instance he cooks and cleans....he came as a package deal to the most kindest and helpful mother-in-law...who will go out of her way to help her as much as she can. Her mother-in-law worked for many years in a nursing home, so she knows how to help bath and care for sick and elderly. She is the most kind hearted woman I've ever met and is always willing to babysit little Jacob for her. At the drop of a hat she is there to help her! Anyway, tell me if you think I'm not handling this properly! I care very much for my daughter and hate that she's going thru this...but I also know it's not easy to make guys be something they are not.

Alright, hope everyone has a terrific weekend!
Old 11-15-2014, 10:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

hey guys!

I've been gone all day. We had a field trip to boston and it was awesome. After that we hang out at a friends and then went to a birthday party of a friend of a friend. Bad part: my friend had his GF with him and one of the guys i think is kinda cute was with a girl too. I think they are starting to date. too bad for me! too much love in the air.
B is still giving me a hard time. I don't get him! I wonder if he blocked me after my last comment.

Clean, i'm sorry about your test but keep my fingers crossed that they will call you anyways Yay on your hubby's interview. Thank you emails? I've never heard about that. To whom did you send them? To the people who interviewed him? I have no idea, so i can't help you on that.
I'm glad your daughter's surgery went well. She's already home? She didn't have to spend the night or anyhting? That's impressive. If I have to have surgery for my messed up knee, it will take me at least 1 week at the hospital. One of the many reasons why I refused to do it. I'm sorry her husband is being difficult regarding their son. I get that she needs to rest and stuff. Could they plan some fun stuff for him and his dad? Like he taking him to a indoor playground or swimming or whatever? I think it will be good for them to spend some time together. or if he really wants to be with his mommy, reading books, watching movies? YOu know calm activities?
I think you're handle it very well. It's their marriage. So i think you should be there for her, let her rant, give her tips,but don't get involved in it. i hope she will feel better soon.

Speaking of knees. I hurt my one kinda bad tonight there was this weird table with a longer edge and I ran into it. Ouch! It hurts,when I do certain moves and I can't walk stairs. I had to be pretty creative to get into my bed, because it's high. I hope it will be better tomorrow, and i hope it's nothing. But it sure doesn't feel like it. Where's my mommy ?

I will talk more tomorrow! I'm exhausted!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend! ((((hugs))))
Old 11-16-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Butter I knew u where up to something yesterday. I'll write u later !
We're not gonna be home until late tonight, dont have lot time right now but Clean I think u handled it like me mom would have with your daughter. Yay! she got the surgery over! I will be praying for her to make a healthy and speedy recovery.

You know I turn to my mom a lot right? I think she handles things like u do. She respects my right to make choices and knows she raised me to think things through. She isnt shy about telling me her opinions but she usually explains to me what its based on. I always know she thinks things through too. She has had close experiences and can share, really important especially in helping me with relationship things because she and my dad have a good marriage and have got through many things together. You have the same thing to offer your daughter, and when u say u understand how her husband might feel intimidated or have his own confusion right now I think your right. It probably helps her to think in the whole, like daddy isnt used to having mommy sidelined and he doesnt know how to handle a crying baby wanting his mommy. Its new to him but I bet he will learn quick on his feet. Your daughter, and all your kids are so lucky to have u as a mom. I hope I can be as good a mom one day as you, and my mom are !

Bye for now BBL
Old 11-17-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Deleted - sorry, posted to the wrong thread. Meant to post in the Beyond Addiction thread, going there now...
Old 11-17-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

It's been a rainy Monday here in the north-east. You know I love those quiet days...especially after a busy weekend. Kids back in school, husband at work...me the house to myself.

Butter I'm glad you had fun in Boston! Thanks for all your advice. I hope my son-in-law can do some nice things with his son. I'm not sure if he does those regularly or not? I try not to pry...just listen to what my daughter tells me. I know he was a little reluctant to tie the knot and give-up on bachelor life. He finally did after they had been together for several years. So I realize it takes time for him to adjust and settle into responsibilities and new roles. I don't think it's something you can force on him. Requires lots of patience on my daughter's part. I'm sure there are quirks of my daughter's that he has to put up with too. Otherwise, things are going well with them and they seem happy with one another. Things like this are usually stressful.

Blue thank you for all the compliments. Knowing the way we see things, you are probably right that I'm like your Mom in ways. I'm sure she was an awesome Mom for you....I can see you were raised well. So I consider your comparison a huge compliment! I can see you being a wonderful Mom when the time comes! Your kids will have the best Mom! I'll bet you will balance friendship with authority in a good way.

I really need to give credit to my hubs too though. I was listening to the way he was talking to the kids this weekend. He sits with them every evening and weekend and teaches them about life. He listens while they tell him about things that happened at school and friends and well just all sorts of things. He really listens and discusses the proper ways to deal with life and whatever they are going thru in life. Like standing up for what you believe in, not following the wrong kids or getting mixed up in the wrong things. It's hard to explain, but he really does an awesome job of leading them...but making them feel like they are leading themselves. I know I didn't explain that very well...but I see his influence in my kids quite a bit. Quite honestly, a lot of his ideas have rubbed off on me too. I always feel like I can discuss anything with him and he will listen, understand and offer good advice. Plus, I walk away feeling better about myself and understood. I'm not sure I had that growing up? I know I did on some level with my Dad but nothing like I have with my husband. I guess that is why I told my daughter to appreciate the positive characteristics her husband has. Obviously, she married him so there must be lots of them she likes. Same with mine that there are some really awesome ones and then some that could be better. I know after this many years of marriage the not so good ones don't magically disappear....but some of them change and improve....then others remain the same. So why waste energy concentrating on those? I think it's so much better to concentrate on the good ones! I know for a fact I will always be the one to make sure food is on the table. I could fight with him every night about why he doesn't cook and that he needs to help me...blah blah blah. But it's not happening! So why frustrate myself! If I'm not in the mood to cook then we pick up something or go out to eat. Pure and simple....he'll have to fork out the extra money it costs to do that. Because I refuse to cook if I'm not in the mood. So I can have my boundaries too. That's one example.

Alright hope you all have a nice Monday!
Old 11-17-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Im so tired! I almost didnt go to work but what would be the point of staying home only to sleep? We had an awesome weekend and it was worth today's exhaustion.

I promise to catch up on messages ASAP.

Clean I think we were posting at the same time! awww your husband is a good one, and its important for kids to know they can speak and be heard. My parents have always been like this, and fortunately in my world its usually the case, but its why I get confused when I run across people where the opposite is the norm.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm the last one

Hey ladies

Clean, i just thought it might be easier for your son in law to do special things with his son than just having him at home. The other thing is it would give your daughter more time to rest and recuperate. I'm happy that things are going well between them they look like a cute and happy couple (i stalked her on FB )
Your husband sounds like an awesome dad and husband. It's nice that he takes time for his children and wants to know about their lives and helps them. My dad never did that. So they are lucky I also like your attitude regarding his good and bad qualities. I think that's a good way to handle these things.

Blue, i'm glad you had a nice weekend and it's worth the exhaustion. I'm tired too though. It's horrible weather here, raining, grey, blah and since my knee is still hurting i'm tied to my bed, which is comfy but it's also very tempting to fall asleep. Unfortunately, i have a lot of work to do, because i have a psych test tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi ladies!
Oh blue I missed you I guess! Hope you can catchup in your sleep tonight. Glad you had a great time.

Butter sorry you are laid up! I guess our little experiment will have to wait? Yes I understood what you meant and I think those are great suggestions. I mentioned them to my daughter.Yes they have many of the same interests and hobbies.

I see you are busy studying so HW can be due tomorrow.

Slept a little longer than planned. �� I woke up just as my son came running thru the door. Whoops. Wasn't a very productive day. Just finished feeding hungry kids. Now trying to decide what to cook for dinner. My youngest and I got on the topic of Banana Cream Pie. I just realized I have all the ingredients for it. So will make that for desert. I have some left overs...but everyone hates left overs so maybe I'll make chicken cutlets, broccoli and mashed potatoes?
Ok I'm losing the iPad!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

hahaha clean I had to look up "laid up" and that's what i came up with

Laid Up
To lay in bed with your lover many hours after you've woken up. It is a very pleasurable, very romantic state to be in. This time is usually used to talk, kiss, make love, watch tv, or drift in and out of sleep.
hmmm... that's almost what i'm doing

Regarding our experiment, i wasn't really doing anything today except going to classes. But i try to use it with my thoughts.

Thanks for the extra homework time

I'm hungry now and hope there'll be something good for dinner. I hope no mashed potatoes though. I love it, but they make it with milk and since I can't eat dairy products,i 'm always stuck with french fries or pasta
Old 11-17-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Butter I didnt know you couldnt eat dairy. No regular ice cream or cheese for you?
No banana cream pie either?

Clean is it easy to make? I make banana pudding sometimes with vanilla wafers, its good.

Your funny, I think there might be a connection with the quality of your cooking, and your husband not wanting to take over cooking. He's not crazy, look at what kinds things he'd be missing out on! He must come rushing home at night. Isnt there something about the way to a mans heart is through his stomach?

Im trying to cook right now, better get back to it before theres a fire.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You're funny Blue

I can have some ice cream,but not too much and only with some diet pills. Cheese is different, it depends on what kind. Mozzarella for example is very bad, parmesan works.

And nope, no banana cream pie either
Old 11-17-2014, 10:49 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Im last one here.. or first one depending on your time of day... LOL

Non eventful weekend, but I did do some shopping - mostly for Thanksgiving. Were going to be having family over to our home..so I had a lot of planning to do. I was also able to watch a couple of Christmas movies.

Buttercup are you able to drink the almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk etc. I bought some of these over the weekend.. we love these.. and they are good for fruit smoothies too. Not sure if they are dairy... ?

I enjoy thinking about Holiday Traditions too Cleanin... we almost always went to candelight service on Christmas Eve too. Sometimes we had relatives come from across the state, and their kids were around the same age. We had so much fun at Christmas trying to wait up for santa, talking, and enjoying Christmas cookies and candies. We usually only were allowed to open one gift on Christmas eve, and then the rest in the morning.. but the grandparents were at our house so we didn't have to go anywhere. We would have a big Christmas meal and just spend all day together.

I think Im in a new stage now trying to make Christmas traditions for our son. Hes much more aware this year, so I stress myself out wanting to make everything special for him, incorporate all the things I remembered, things my husband remembers from his childhood... its a little stressful.. but I keep reminding myself that its not supposed to be and I just have to do what I can, and things will fall into place. Hes such a happy little boy.. I will be so excited to see him this year on Christmas morning.

Interesting question on the heat and thermostat.. If you can set it to go down part of the day or night, and no one gets cold then I think give it a try... Usually turning the air or heat up /down a few degrees makes a big difference in energy consumption.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Okay, the prize for the most stupid girl on the planet goooooeeeees tooooo Buttercup. Took my psych exam this morning, went okay, came to the last page and my only thought was the f-word. It turned out i didn't see that there was a second ********** presentation, therefore i didn't study it. It turned out i messed up the concepts and gave away some valuable points. I'm so mad at me right now! How could I oversee this???? argh!!! I hope i did well on the rest of the exam, so it will not be that bad!

Allfor, I could drink these other milks, but i have to admit i don't really like it. I prefer simple lactosefree milk, but unfortunately it's not that common here. It's more common in Switzerland when even starbucks have it. And i don't have a fridge in my room, but will probably get one, because then I could buy my own milk/yoghurt.

We mainly celebrate x-mas on x-mas eve. I hope this year my grandpa will feel better and we will be able to celebrate all together. Especially since I was gone for such a long time. I am so excited to go back for x-mas. I just want to spend x-mas with my family. Preferably all 3 days

I gotta go! BBL Hope everyone had a better start in the day than I did!
Old 11-18-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Aw, Butter, I'm sorry your psych exam didn't go as well as you'd hoped. I'm sure you'll make up for it on the rest of the exam.

Clean, glad to hear your hubby's interview went well. I always do thank you emails. it's one of the things that got me my current job, which I LOVE. Glad to hear your daughter is recuperating well. It's hard to get better when you've got a little one running around!

We've always lived where it's cold. Even when we lived in the US for a few years, it was in a colder state. And I HATE the cold. I have circulation problems, so my toes are never warm. Even in the summer. We have natural gas, and keep our furnace at 20 C during the day (68 F) and down to 18 C (65 F) at night. H is always warm so he wears shorts, and I bundle up with sweaters and fluffy socks and blankets. We spend around $200-300 a month for winter for heating depending how cold and windy it gets. The windier it gets, it seems, the harder the house is to heat. I hate the word "windchill" lol!

I love Christmas! Our family celebrated much like yours, Clean - church on Christmas Eve, opening up gifts and grandparents on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. H celebrated on Christmas Day so now our kids open their gifts Christmas Day and we spend Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day supper with his. And if it's not too cold, Boxing Day sales the next day

Glad you will be able to spend Christmas with your family this year, Butter.

Allfor, I totally understand the stress about wanting to make Christmas traditions for your son. I've found the things DD remembers about Christmases when she was little was not the things I was planning on becoming a tradition! Like, we need to wear a Santa hat when we open gifts. And, every year we must take a Christmas lights tour and pick up hot chocolate on the way. And we must burn our tongues every year on that darn hot chocolate LOL!

Blue, glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend with your husband! Would love to hear more about it!
Old 11-18-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Im behind! Im doing pm's now. I was busy busy at work this afternoon. Ive figured out I havd to get work organized before I come here or I lose track of time!

I got some sleep last night and feel better today.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good afternoon everybody!

How are you all doing? We made it through the first half of the week! Just 2.5 more days to go. Even though i will be kinda busy this weekend, so I will have time off during thanksgiving break.

So i've been busy doing research and writing papers. But i think i'm on track and will be able to finish everything. I hope my teacher cancels my wednesday morning class so I can leave for Boston on tuesday night.

Ha, my test turned out to be good anyways. 94 out of 100 and I'm still 9 points over the maximum amount of points.

So, not much going on my side!