Notices

bad dream reflects my mental state

Old 10-25-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another weird dream involving me and a much younger man who was living with his parents in his grandma's house. Then I was flying/floating in the air as my method of travel??? Then floating thru a small town, in a bar, and being chased by nasty looking guys... woke up with a headache...

Have been feeling great lately, no reason for disturbing dreams that I know of... At least when I wake up I see the dogs on the bed and that brings me back to a peaceful reality. I am not responsible for what my mind comes up with while I sleep...
Old 10-26-2010, 01:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another strange dream - two nights in a row - of being trapped and threatened... woke up so glad it was just a dream. I was feeling so trapped and being intimidated by strangers, threatened really. And it felt so real... it was such a relief to wake up...

I don't understand this. My life is going really well, I have no reason to feel trapped and threatened...
Old 01-30-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm not usually happy to get a late night call from dk to pick her up from work but tonight I was glad to wake up out of that bad dream. I was in a huge cavern-like building being chased and tormented by a lot of 'bad guys'. I couldn't run in the dream, could only move slowly, dream-like, and could not escape.

I don't understand this dream, I mean, I'm living a happy life, sober for over a year and happy now. What's bothering me to have a dream like this??
Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Got back to sleep after taking dk home and woke up this morning out of an even stranger dream. A huge sprawling building, that housed a preschool, among other things, with a bridge over running water and in the water going past were deformed fetuses and animals. It was a place I used to work at and I saw some of the people I used to work with. They acted like everything was normal and fine, despite the bridge over the mutated beings... Behind the building was a factory I used to work at and they were disposing of all kinds of junk. Big things, trashing the landscape...

I don't understand this at all.... but I sure don't like my sleep being populated with these horrible upsetting images...
Old 01-31-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

but was actively interfering with what I was trying to do. I wish she'd stay out of my sleep... Bad enough to deal with her in real life but intolerable to have her nasty hateful self intruding on my dreams.
lmao

boy can I relate to that one!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi least..sorry about your dreams....I had constant nonstop nightmares when I drank...nothing too terrible since quitting...although I dreamt last night that I abandoned my 4 children in a church so that I could have an easier life...thankfully I have no children but I felt awful when I woke up!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was awake a lot of last night due to horrible coughing, but when I finally fell asleep again I dreamt that I had been hired as a hospital aide, at age 60! I was not doing very well at my tasks and then the nurse supervisor took me aside and told me I'd have to pass a test to be allowed to keep my job. I asked to look at the test and it was long and complicated and I knew I'd never pass it.

I studied and looked at it and tried to convince myself that I could pass it but knew I couldn't and would lose my job. It was a relief to wake up cause the dream was so real.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Woke up at 4am out of a long involved dream, the upshot was that I was at a high school reunion and was wildly popular (which I was not in actual high school) and that they all liked me a lot and gave me respect. Now I know that was a dream!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Least I am taking remeron (mirtazapine) now ~ an antidepressant and melatonin at night and I am sleeping better than I have in many years! No more insomnia!!! That is huge for me!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been told that awakening so early is a sign of anxiety... well, no sh!t... And the strange dreams really do reflect my messed up mental state, which is currently very depressed and anxious. I love to sleep and generally like my dreams but have been having some real doozies lately and don't like them or how they make me feel when I wake up.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I hate the hangovers from dreams that are upsetting. don't have them very often anymore..but it is usually triggered by some comment or conversation I have that stirs things up. really sensitive that way.

You have been dealing with anxiety for a long time now...that is so very, very wearing!

I know that intense dreaming doesn't allow me to get any real rest. having refreshing sleep is like a miracle that I still just can't take for granted..it is too awesome. For me, it all boiled down to the right meds.
Well, and a change of lifestyle...no more stressful people/relationships. I just can't handle it.

I do like reading the Dalai Lama before going to sleep because he is a strong voice of gentle commpassion and I think it helps set a better mindframe for ease and sleep.

I really hope that you get some reprieve from this and get some real rest. It makes the whole day hard without it.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A dream that seemed like it would never end. I was in a factory I used to work in, actually it was a combination of two factories I used to work in, and I was coming back to work after being off sick for a while. They didn't know I was coming in and didn't have me on the schedule. I was wandering around the place and somehow lost my shoes and backpack and cell phone. I spent the rest of the dream being lost in the huge place trying to get back to the workplace, only the factory had expanded to include stores and housing for the workers.

I couldn't find my stuff and was wandering around, trying to get back to my starting point but kept getting more lost in this enormous place. I was in my sock feet, then suddenly had my shoes on, then my missing backpack, but never did find my phone.

I woke up without getting back to my starting point and without finding my phone. Frustrated by not finding my phone or getting back to where I started. I woke up feeling lost and upset.

Woke up with a headache...

I wonder if this has anything to do with my frustration with my kids?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another disturbing dream about being unable to find something I needed. Lost my car keys and my bag in a huge place I used to work at. Kept going around the place looking for my stuff but couldn't find it anywhere. I've been having a lot of dreams about losing something/trying to find something. Don't know what it means but it was a very upsetting dream. Woke up feeling really strange and uncomfortable.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I hate dreams that have me feeling unsettled when I wake up.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Eternally Grateful 4/25/08

Least,
I suffer with nightmares really bad sometimes and struggle to understand why. Some of the books I have on dreams suggest that if you are dreaming about something that you have "lost" that you are struggling with an emotional loss in your life. You've been through a terrible loss with your sweet doggie and it is probably just manifesting in your dream. Boy I know those types of dreams well. Filled with anxiety and fear and they feel like they last ALL NIGHT! Sorry you're going through that!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another strange dream last night... and then when I laid down for a nap this morning I fell into the same dream! I was living in a very old big house, with many doors. I was about to leave to go somewhere (with other people I lived with) but couldn't leave until I'd made sure all the doors were locked. Many of the doors wouldn't lock, some were so old they were rotting away and wouldn't close, much less lock. It was a really neat old big house, but the doors not locking gave me a lot of strss. Don't know what it means, but it was a 'serial dream', carrying on from last night's sleep to this morning's nap. Strange indeed...
Old 09-25-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another disturbing dream last night. Can't remember but bits and pieces of it but it was upsetting. Woke up feeling out of touch, odd, and very uncomfortable.

It might have to do with the fact that I ran out of my zoloft five days ago and won't be able to get another scrip for 8 more days. I don't like this feeling, feel edgy, disturbed, out of sync... I hate it when my sleeping life intrudes on my waking life.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:35 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My shrink came to my rescue with some samples of zoloft for the next ten days until I get my check. I feel better already.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Woke up out of a scary dream with my heart pounding. I was in NYC for my daughter's wedding in Central Park at the Metropolitan Opera House. (????) My family was mad at me for wanting to go outside and smoke and I wasn't dressed right, according to them. I then found myself wandering NYC, my feet heavy as lead, and trying to get back to Central Park but was lost.

I wanted to call my dad to find my way back to the wedding, but had lost my cell phone and camera. Found my camera but it had been destroyed. Woke up with my heart racing and scared and lost.

It scared the hell out of me to try to run back to Central Park when my legs felt like lead and I couldn't move faster than a crawl. I've never been so glad to wake up and find it was all a dream... it felt so real...
Old 10-11-2011, 04:20 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another bad one... Was working a night shift job and was 'caught' and punished by not being allowed to leave until it was too late to be on time for my day job... Was also quite incompetant at this job, so I was told, so was sort of glad to be fired. Still woke up with a headache and feeling uneasy and upset.

Been having a lot of these strange disturbing dreams last few weeks. At first I thought it might be from running out of my zoloft, but I've been back on it for two weeks now and still having the strange dreams. Am almost afraid to go to sleep... and getting sick of waking up in a panic or depressed.