last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-13-a-21.html

D
Old 05-11-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratultions Bobbie - lovely pic

Welcome back 1step

I don't think recovery is beyond you at all - you've been sober for good lengths of time...but something always gets you in the end - anger, frustration, fear, self loathing?

what do you think stops you from reaching out for help when you need it?

D
Old 05-11-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

New baby smell is most definitely a thing! It's baby crack - how do you think I ended up with baby number 3?? I sniffed another baby's head.

Congrats on 60 days Casey! Whoop whoop!

Bobbie - that little babe is just adorable. A little cupcake.

Kiki hi! Missed ya!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Applekat! Good to see you! Are you still at the happiest place on Earth?

I definitely prefer more spicy-scented things than sweet ones. Old lady perfume is the worst offender.

I won't lie--while that beer smell turned my stomach today--at least once or twice a week I'll get a good whiff of a red wine I'm serving someone and it most definitely still doesn't smell bad to me. I have no real issues with working around alcohol--it's just my job, and other people being able to drink has nothing to do with my own not drinking--but I'd prefer to not have those few wine-smelling moments if I could avoid them.

And thanks for the new space, Dee.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for your pics too Sam

D
Old 05-11-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Still here. Just got back to hotel after parade/fireworks. The baby didn't like that too much but she was a trooper this week!! Fly out earlyyyyy tomorrow.

I will make it through. A sober vacation. It's been great. I wouldn't have been able to do Disney otherwise. Insane. And it's not even a school break or Summer vaca. That'll be my new trigger though. Back to hum drum life. Why not? But, I'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow!

Anyway - to my vacation pact friends - you can do it, too!! So much better!!
Old 05-11-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Very proud of you for making a goal and sticking to it, Applekat. Great example for the rest of us. Have a safe trip home!
Old 05-11-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Loved the pictures Samantha!!! Thank you for sharing.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Glad your vacation was fun Applekat!!!

Wow, 40 weeks off for maternity? My children are adopted and so the only paid time I was given was my 3 weeks of saved vacation....and two of those weeks were spent in China going through the process of paperwork and picking her up! One and a half weeks of bonding time..most of which I was exhausted from jet lag and then back to work. Now I think US employers are required to pay for adoption leaves for a few more weeks but the US is seriously behind the rest of the world.

Congrats on 60 weeks Casey! That's an accomplishment!!! Woot woot!!

1step....you will be in my prayers. The answer is there, and I hope you find it.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Cutie pie baby Bobbieka!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow Lillian that's not much time at all. I think Australia has paid maternity for 18 weeks and unpaid for a year perhaps?
The partner who isn't the primary carer though only gets a few weeks, if I'm remembering my friends complaints correctly

Good job applekat!! So nice hearing from you
Old 05-11-2016, 09:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post

Congrats on 60 weeks Casey! That's an accomplishment!!! Woot woot!!
Thanks, but it's 60 days. 60 weeks is a little ways away yet. But if I keep doing tomorrow what I did today, no reason I can't get there eventually.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats in any case Casey - 60 days is great

D
Old 05-11-2016, 09:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Thanks, but it's 60 days. 60 weeks is a little ways away yet. But if I keep doing tomorrow what I did today, no reason I can't get there eventually.
Oh my - I am a doofus when I'm tired. Worked 15 hours today and I shouldn't type under the influence of sleepiness....TUI. I was thinking 60 days and blended that with maternity leave weeks!

Congrats - 60 DAYS is amazing.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Dee. It's only the third time I've made it to this point in almost 14 years of knowing I needed to stop drinking. All three times have been with the help of SR. I pray the third time turns out to be the charm.

Heading to bed everyone. It's been a nice day off for the most part. Got another one tomorrow. Thanks to each and every one of you for keeping me sober one more day. Wishing you all the best. Remember it's the first drink that causes all the problems and you don't have to take that first one no matter what.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hi Guys

Casey 60 days is an awesome achievement Congratulations!!

What a beautiful little angel Bobbie. Such a beautiful baby.

Welcome back Kiki...I've missed seeing you here.

Day 17 and I've been put in quarantine...literally! Went to the doctors today because I feel like I've been hit by a truck the past few days. Doctor examines me and says stay out of public until we can figure out what you have. I've been given time off work which is lovely...pity I feel like S**t! Doc seems to think its Mumps (there's an epidemic in town at the moment). I've been immunized but because I'm such an oldie apparently I may still be able to get it because it's so contagious. Otherwise it could be glandular fever. Oh well...at least I know why I was feeling melancholy.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon Mish

D
Old 05-11-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Mish, hope you feel better soon. Not knowing what's wrong is not a good thing.

Casey, gratulerer med seksti dager! (You should be able to figure out what that means if you put your mind to it. )

1step, good to see you again! Glad that you're back!

Wish you all a great day!
Old 05-12-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Still here. Just got back to hotel after parade/fireworks. The baby didn't like that too much but she was a trooper this week!! Fly out earlyyyyy tomorrow.

I will make it through. A sober vacation. It's been great. I wouldn't have been able to do Disney otherwise. Insane. And it's not even a school break or Summer vaca. That'll be my new trigger though. Back to hum drum life. Why not? But, I'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow!

Anyway - to my vacation pact friends - you can do it, too!! So much better!!
Applekat, you inspire me! So glad you are having sober vacation with your family, proud of you!
23 days until I leave for my own. There will be MANY situations and people that I will have to handle that will be very difficult, but like you said, worry about that as it comes. Right now, I'm sober until then, have to be. As it gets closer, I will need to have some plans and some visualizations and prepared conversations.
Applekat, you are really doing this
Old 05-12-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me. Didn't have the heart to say yesterday was day one since I stupidly drank on Sunday night. despite my "commitment" not to.
Anyway, what's done is done.

This time around, my trigger is my ex, absolutely 100%. I am a million times stronger and not as wrapped up in his crap, but this contact with him, and seeing him occasionally brings back old patterns and frustrations (we do not drink together, he doesn't drink- it's me back at home, drinking because it's how I'm used to dealing with my feelings about him). To be clear, I do not want to get back together with him, but I can't bring myself to tell him that because I know once I do, it's really final. Crazy and illogical.

Anyway, I have a busy night, senior awards for my daughter (graduating in 2 weeks, how did this happen?). So not drinking today should be pretty easy, it's just the looming weekend ahead that I need to get through.

Mish, hope you feel better soon.

Casey, 60 days is amazing! 60 was my longest stretch..ever. You are so inspiring to me.

As for the maternity and paternity leaves in other countries, WOW! How family-focused. I think I may live in the wrong country