Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 04-30-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of MAY 2016

come and join us!

The latest APRIL thread is now here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-4-a-7.html

D
Old 04-30-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to everyone quitting in May - jump aboard!

D
Old 04-30-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 05-01-2016, 02:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drank last night at a friends house until 4am. Regretted it the whole time, didn't even get the false sense of enjoyment I usually do. I didn't have the will power to stop until everyone else did also but even as I was drinking I was thinking I'm going to quit tomorrow and I can't wait. This is new for me, it's usually on the following morning's hangover (ie right now) that I first decide I want to quit.

So Day 1 again for me but I have a new feeling of confidence that maybe, just maybe this will be the last day 1 I'll ever see (though I've been here many times since I realized I had a problem about 1 year ago.)

Two things that have really helped with coming to the conclusion that I really don't want to drink anymore - reading posts from here, both from old timers and new people attempting to quit. Plus I've also been reading up a lot on Buddhism lately (of which one of the precepts is to abstain from intoxicants) and really identified strongly with the philosophy on life and am thinking that this could also help massively if I can learn more and put this into practice.

Apologies for the long post.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Charlie

D
Old 05-01-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm coming on board since I didn't join the April group. Happy May Day. Wish I had a May basket for you.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your presence is more than enough Lonelywombat - welcome to you

D
Old 05-01-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nmd

Thanks Dee, I see James Taylor already got shotgun. At least we have music

Trying again, i most recently had a week sober in the March class. I keep falling for the lie that I can't quit, so I should learn to moderate. The best I can moderate though is still excessive and it makes me feel terrible. Feeling terrible doesn't sound like a great option for the rest of my life. As embarrassing as it is to keep coming back after drinking, I do find I can stay sober longer with the help of sr.

41 years old. I've been drinking since my early 20s, binging since the beginning, and drinking daily for close to the past 8 or 9 years. I've averaged maybe 40-50 standard drinks a week

Getting married a second time this fall, 4 kids between me and my fiance. I would love to get through the summer and wedding sober (and afterwards)
Old 05-01-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
nmd

Welcome charliejames and lonelywombat!
Old 05-01-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Hi!

I am joining here because I joined April really late.

Hi all! Day 5 for me. Dealing now with all the repercussions of my bender on Tuesday. Doing it all sober.

I feel good. No withdrawal. Feel clear in the head (even though I had a concussion) and am feeling hopeful.

I am Laura or you can call me lighteningbug. I wish I could get back into that account. Oh well!
Old 05-01-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody. I'm in for the May class. I've been trying for a year now. It really is time to get my act together and stop drinking for good. I'm on day 3 and feel a bit better today. I've been pretty good over the last 2 months. Been exercising lots. Lost fat and gained muscle but 1 drink leads me to daily drinking again. Not anymore. Cannot even have 1 drink. Not worth it. Looking forward to a great May. Thanks for having me.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timeforchange18 View Post
Good morning everybody. I'm in for the May class. I've been trying for a year now. It really is time to get my act together and stop drinking for good. I'm on day 3 and feel a bit better today. I've been pretty good over the last 2 months. Been exercising lots. Lost fat and gained muscle but 1 drink leads me to daily drinking again. Not anymore. Cannot even have 1 drink. Not worth it. Looking forward to a great May. Thanks for having me.
That is what I keep telling myself - can't even have one drink. I am hoping endless repetition sinks it deep in my noggin.

Welcome - nice to see you here.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi guys.
I am starting on day 5 of no opiates. I have tried and failed so many times before. I always think I can have just a couple and not take more. Stick to my doc's orders. Not working so well for me. So, I am here, trying again, but with help this time. Instead of always trying to go it alone.
Anyway. I'm in. Hope to get to know you all.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi May class,

Today marks 4 months Sober for me and I just wanted to pop in and say Welcome, You Can Do This and Life really does get better.

Best wishes Mayers-
Old 05-01-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hi May class,

Today marks 4 months Sober for me and I just wanted to pop in and say Welcome, You Can Do This and Life really does get better.

Best wishes Mayers-
Way to go!
Old 05-01-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi. I just posted a checking in thread on the newcomers board. Feeling pretty crappy with wd right now but hanging in there sober. Means a lot to me to stay this way.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hang in there Sobertaurus. I am in wds , too. We will get through it. Keep strong!
Old 05-01-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well my half hearted at best attempts throughout April to start over didn't work. So here's to day 1 again. Hello class let's make this our month.
Woke up early and feel good on another beautiful day. I've got a long list of stuff to do. Tomorrow is my first day at my new job, I'm nervous and excited. I'm hoping I can calm my head enough to keep focused today and for the next week.
Have a great sober day everyone
Old 05-01-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Well my half hearted at best attempts throughout April to start over didn't work. So here's to day 1 again. Hello class let's make this our month.
Woke up early and feel good on another beautiful day. I've got a long list of stuff to do. Tomorrow is my first day at my new job, I'm nervous and excited. I'm hoping I can calm my head enough to keep focused today and for the next week.
Have a great sober day everyone
Congrats on the new job - good luck!

Bug
Old 05-01-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

so what is everyone's plan to stay sober today? I am going to work, then finishing my goals for the day, then I am going to relax with my Walking Dead comic books. A 42 year old professional woman with children reading comic books. Hell yeah! I am dying to know what happens when Negan arrives!

Bug