Administrator

Class of February 2016 Part 13

Last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-12-a-20.html

D
Old 03-26-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Apologies for the mistake in closing this thread. Have to blame human error I think

D
Old 03-26-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Human error is to be human!

I would call shotgun, but I saw many people see the thread before I did.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I'm surrounded by family this weekend and it feels great. Sometimes being with people who love me is all I need.

Day 54 and going strong. No temptation to drink this weekend, am just content to take life at a slower pace than my normal breakneck speed.

Love and hugs to all ❤️
Old 03-26-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So.....I had my first "Drinking Dream" last night and it was awful. It was one of those dreams that went on and on. The details are getting sketchy now that coffee is getting me more awake now.

But I will focus on the feelings: Horror, disappointmet, the fright over starting over, the crushing headache (which I had in real-life as I slept because of allergies so it made it all the more real), etc etc.

26 days here and I have been journaling a lot and am rounding out my much-needed vacation. Have had a lot of time to reflect, come up with a solid plan, and do this! Very proud this go 'round. Really think it is a difference in attitude this time that seems to be sticking this time in the trenches.

I am realizing that I have SOOO much to be thankful for, and I cannot do a darned thing about how much beer/etc I drank 27 days ago. It's in the past, and we can't change the past but we CAN reflect on it and also our triggers. My main one in the past is extended periods of sobriety and the AV lie that I can now drink in moderation. It has never worked and never will work. This, folks, I know......
Have a good Saturday, everyone, and be good to yourselves!
Lee
Old 03-26-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jeni,
Have a great weekend and I, myself, am getting used to this slower pace. I was always in a race against time and myself, I think because of the perpetual state I was in.

Have a great weekend!
Lee

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Good morning all. I'm surrounded by family this weekend and it feels great. Sometimes being with people who love me is all I need.

Day 54 and going strong. No temptation to drink this weekend, am just content to take life at a slower pace than my normal breakneck speed.

Love and hugs to all ❤️
Old 03-26-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning! Happy Saturday! Not sure what I'm doing today. Probably cleaning the house. Eating my breakfast in bed. My husband makes it for me on Saturdays and I make it for him on Sundays. Not sure when we started doing that but it's one of my favorite treats. I bought bacon the last two weekends for Sunday but think I will skip this week. Weight is coming off and the sooner it's all gone the happier I will be! Have a great day peeps! I'm coodependent on SR. :-)
Old 03-26-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Jeni fabulous work on 54 days! You must feel great?
Having a lovely lazy weekend here. Really enjoying just resting up
Old 03-26-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Leezer I have had heaps and heaps of drinking dreams and I always feel so disappointed, then so relieved when I wake up!
Old 03-26-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
Morning! Happy Saturday! Not sure what I'm doing today. Probably cleaning the house. Eating my breakfast in bed. My husband makes it for me on Saturdays and I make it for him on Sundays. Not sure when we started doing that but it's one of my favorite treats. I bought bacon the last two weekends for Sunday but think I will skip this week. Weight is coming off and the sooner it's all gone the happier I will be! Have a great day peeps! I'm coodependent on SR. :-)

The weight doesn't seem to be coming off me, but I think I look better in the face. Don't think anything will show on the scales though. Have a lovely day
Old 03-26-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

SansaS I think our bodies replace water where the fat is first. So you will look skinnier, you face will look thinner and clothes will fit better well before the scale shows a difference. Something like your body thinks it may have to "hibernate" again soon so it keeps that space available until it realizes there is a climate change and it's safe not to hold on the space anymore. LOL
Old 03-26-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sansa I've not gained but I've not lost any either. So much for the big sober weight loss plan. I come from chubby family though.

Del,
I'm sorry that happened to you. My ex used to try to rub my oldest son inmy face for a decade or more. Making sure she made him call her new husband dad . In front of me, and all that . Yrs later when they repeatedly tried to call 911 and throw him out with their drama and crap, it all came around. I'd just say, "see ya one weekend son !", he'd grin at me and say "sure dad".
It didn't matter by that time, that things " came around", but they did.
It sounds impossible to believe, and it's a hard, i mean HARD, thing to live with. ( I didn't handle it worth a crap). Time. Time is all that made it better.
If you're bad mouthed, talked about, kids lied to, there's nothing to do, but be the best YOU, you can be.
I've taken this class. Got a d--n diploma. Kids aren't stupid. They grow up. They smell and see BS, just like we did when we were kids.
Those ppl might go far as calling you a drunk or WHATEVER. ( they may not, not my buisness- I don't know).
You're not a drunk today, and if you're not a drunk from now on, from your last day 1, one day ..... One day it'll come up , and you can brush it off like a leaf off your shoulder; " oh, I did that once upon a time. Things changed for the better"
I know I'm predicting a future here, and that may not be the statement that come out, but THATS a future worth sticking for.
Don't see your kids for 2-3 yrs?
That's sounds horrible right?
If they were with you, 24/7, and you were drinking, you'd not remember big pieces of the time anyway, and bad things would happen.
You are better than that, stronger than that, and surrendering something you can't affect right away is hard. HARD.
We are hard people, in a hard world, making hard choices, and CHOOSING to live better.
You've got this.
You don't feel it yet. Patience sucks, like a Hoover vacuum, it sucks.
Be you. Let the self righteous burn themselves.
Apologies for the rant
Old 03-26-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, thanks for the new thread Dee!

Got a bit freaked out about not having a job this morning, I was tempted to go buy some cheap vodka from the shop. I started trying to figure out how long I'd be able to sustain my drinking before running out of money. As I was about to get ready to go to the shop I stopped myself. Drinking made me so depressed, it didn't help these feelings at all, just added to them. Besides, any job I end up in will be awful as I'd only be interested in funding my drinking. If I start it up again now it'll be even worse than before and it'll be even harder to stop. The feeling had passed after an hour and I'm so grateful I stayed strong. Still on Day 39.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I had a crazy sex dream, booze didn't play a role.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Jeni26 - congrats on 54 days. That's so awseome!

Leezer - 26 way to keep going for 26 days!

PHRD - It must feel great seeing the weight come off. Good point about water and fat storage!

OOTT - Great job resisting the normal conditioned response and letting the feeling pass and kicking that AV's butt to the curb.

I'm heading downtown to Chicago for the weekend and planning to hold the line!
Old 03-26-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

"The weight doesn't seem to be coming off me, but I think I look better in the face. Don't think anything will show on the scales though. Have a lovely day"

I'm having exactly the same experience. Clothes are fitting better, my face is not puffy anymore, and I'm getting compliments on my appearance, but despite running every morning, my weight is pretty much the same...down maybe three pounds. I'm used to losing weight faster, so I'm getting frustrated.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Big congrates to Jeni on the occasion of 54 days.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Hello everyone, thanks for the new thread Dee!

Got a bit freaked out about not having a job this morning, I was tempted to go buy some cheap vodka from the shop. I started trying to figure out how long I'd be able to sustain my drinking before running out of money. As I was about to get ready to go to the shop I stopped myself. Drinking made me so depressed, it didn't help these feelings at all, just added to them. Besides, any job I end up in will be awful as I'd only be interested in funding my drinking. If I start it up again now it'll be even worse than before and it'll be even harder to stop. The feeling had passed after an hour and I'm so grateful I stayed strong. Still on Day 39.
Stay on your sobriety path and any employer would be blessed to have you. You're an awesome girl!! Vodka is disgusting, glad you played it through. Congrats on 39 days! Tomorrow you're in your 40's!!
Old 03-26-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good job jeni!

Jl and del- kid stuff with exes is SO HARD. My ex tries to make my life hell with my oldest son, his girlfriend really irritates me. But the older he gets the more he sees the truth. It's taken 3 years for my son to get it, hardest 3 years of my life, but I learned I can't focus on them and their games but only my son. You doing better Del?

Drinking dreams- I actually have them more now than I did in the beginning. I'm glad though. The disgust and horror I feel with myself in waking is what I would really feel if I drank. I'm looking at them as a good reminder. Day 48!

Weight loss- didn't lose anything when I quit, but I got the flu and it all went away. Horrible way to lose weight. I can't afford to lose a lot, but it's really made me realize I need to exercise, tone and get back into shape. Cleaning the house yesterday left me winded! I'm a bum.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

JL Thank you so much. I needed to hear those things. So easy to get swept away in the anger. Made me tear up. It was kind of funny being locked out of class last night, I needed to get my anger and frustration out or I felt like I was going to explode. I had a good feeling you guys would have positive words of encouragement for me and help get my head back in a good place. My string of expletives on the phone with my ex (the one I get along with and supports me) brought on lots of reminders to stay sane and I KNOW that.

Good morning class and good to hear fromyou guys
6 weeks tomorrow and still not going to drink. Thanks for unlocking us Dee