# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of February 2013 Part 8

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-20.html

D
Old 06-20-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Roll call. Would love to know how our whole class is doing....

Venus xx
Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you not only get roll call, but shotgun as well venus!

wehav2day here, clean and sober and still a tad nutty! I can't stick around long but just wanted to say hey and I had a wonderful, sober birthday today. work was great, lots of friends, and my partner treated me to dinner and on top of it all I got a very thoughtful birthday present. very cool!

and tomorrow is 120 days, so i'm just riding the happy moments right now both because they are great and because i'll have something nice to look back on if things get tough here and there.

sober is definitely where it's at! :-)
Old 06-20-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

wehav ~ :day2 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

So happy you had such a lovely day, and glad you were taken out to dinner.
So what was the present?

Venus xx
Old 06-20-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Brilliant way to start the new link with a roll call, venus

Grief: yes, it can still feel very fresh, very raw, even after almost a year. A change of seasons, a certain shirt, a song, anything can cause memories and feelings to resurface. Grief can be sneaky, no? It can wash over us at the most unsuspected moment. But know that your mum would be proud of you too.

Oh, and here
Old 06-20-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy happy birthday wehav!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy birthday & anniversary Wehav!
Good to see you UpnUp.
Venus, Dee - as always - top of the morning to you by the time you read this

Roommate's birthday was yesterday. House full of people. Lots of beer in the fridge. Between graduation and bdays and conferences, etc I've been eating sugar off the chart. WHOA pony! Not off to the races yet....

But definitely off to bed. Night Febbies!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

bout my knocking off time actually.

I don't usually mind cold but today is biting - I need to move to the warmer part of the house.

Have a good day all

D
Old 06-21-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
now's the time

Happy birthday wehav, and happy 120!!
Old 06-21-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Haha that's cute Venus tip top over here listening to music with kids dancing haha warm up its so cold brrrrrrr hope everyone is well xxxxxx
Old 06-21-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
now's the time

I second Venus:

1step, how are you doing? We haven't had an update from you in a while!
Old 06-21-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, thanks for thinking of me Fantail and well done on your bike ride and continuing sobriety- youre doing great. Im ok, getting on well in the June class and slowly but surely improving, had a slip last Tuesday which im embarrassed about but it didn't lead on to a bender and no black out.

I failed the exam that I had studied hard for, it was a bit of a disaster day. I had gone two hours early to sit another mock to keep it fresh in my brain but the place whefre I studied was locked up so I went to the local library and studied the book I had been given to revise and still felt pretty confident- id passed the blast 5 mock tests id tried. When I got to the exam centre it was like trying to get into a prison and the receptionist was VERY regimental and abrupt, the guy in front of me was turned away having come from over 20 miles away because he didn't have the 'right' ID. I hate seeing people getting talked down to, and despite not saying anything I was inwardly feeling those old emotions boiling up.

When I got in the room my heart sank the first 15 questions were alien to me and were nothing remotely like the ones in the book id been given. Got 2 wrong in that section and despite getting the 33/35 on the next bit, those 2 wrong questions meant an automatic fail. The receptionist handed me the results and when I saw the word FAIL, it hit me hard at that very moment it felt that the word was directed at my whole life. Rang to immediately apply for a re-sit, but then walked around for an hour feeling humiliated.

Stupidly drank on it, but it didn't work just heightened my self pity and anger. Luckily something in my brain realised it wasn't working and I headed home. Haven't drank since and am back on track now. Failing the test totally threw me and I need to look at a better defence next time.

Sorry for the down talk but had to get it all out, because its still a bit raw, on the positive side ive done a lot of good things being sober, like being at my daughters sports day and fathers day was another great sober time.

Im getting there- there's been a lot more sober times than drunk ones over the last few weeks, just need to not pick up that first drink- sounds easy put like that doesn't it?!

Anyway im at my dads farm all weekend now, a lot to do up here and enjoying the tranquillity. On the job front ive applied to several in the last week so fingers crossed hopefully hear something positive soon.

My eldest daughters' first baby tooth came out the other day, she was so happy that the tooth fairy came for it! Shes enjoying the new school she moved to a couple of months back and my youngest is talking a lot now and growing up fast. Seeing them more now when I get chance and that's a huge incentive for me to remain sober.

Love and best wishes to all my Feb friends, keep up the good work guys- you inspire me everyday. x
Old 06-21-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just been back to the last part of this thread and read your post Venus, so sorry for not replying sooner. Thank you so much for your continuing support, sorry to hear you're going through some tough times, you're doing so well getting through these tough times you deserve all the happiness in the world.

Happy birthday to WeHav!

Il keep calling in on you guys. Thanks for being here. x
Old 06-21-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Role call, here =)

Upandup not down and out. Proud of you for sticking with this through a few stumbles.

I took my bottle opener off my keychain. I didn't even realize it was still there. I thought about keeping it on there in case someone else needed a beer open but I told myself I didn't need to be concerned with how other people were getting their beer open anymore.

Progress comes in funny ways. V- dee had some amazing words for you I hope your hanging in there.

All for now, M.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Just ate chocolate before bed who a pig ahhhhhhhhhh o well I shall pray for my very strong will that I hand over a lot but seem to take it back a lot this is going to take a life time lol night guys x
Old 06-21-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(No stumbles for me, Melissa - for the last 138 days at least! )

Hope we all have a stumble free weekend
Old 06-21-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

liss you are so funny!!!

Mel and 1stepup and Serene ~ (((hugs)))

Thank you!!

Hi fantail and upandup (again ) and Dee, of course....

Got through a very weird family dinner. My older sister gets drunk, and no one seems to realise. It's mad. There she is, slurring and getting clumsy, and no one else, I mean there were 20 people there, can see this? Oh well. Not my problem anymore. I care, but I can't make her see.

As long as she's not driving, I keep out of it, which is all very new to me.

Tomorrow is the nice part, my dad's actual birthday - he is 92 - and I will spend the afternoon/evening with him.

Sunday morning is the consecration, head stone ceremony for my mum, (weird, but not up to me)
and 5 million people I have to face.... Sigh.

I can do it now, because everyone here is getting me through. Really. I mean that.
Thank you.

Nite and hugs,

Love V xx
Old 06-21-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

I want to thank you all for the awesome words of encouragement and advice that you have so generously shared in our February thread. You are all an inspiration to me, and I take great comfort and pride in being a part of our February group. Sometimes I am simply amazed at the lessons that I learn here.

Happy Belated Birthday wehav! Glad it was a happy one for you.

venus, it sounds like you are going through a very difficult time. I admire your ability to reach out for support when you need it. Grief is not something I am familiar with in the traditional sense, so my only word of advice would be to try and take comfort in the knowledge that time does have a way of healing our wounds. Get through today, get through the weekend, and allow yourself to freely feel the emotions that come from these experiences. It's important to allow ourselves the freedom to feel both good and bad, and I now know that the toughest times are the times that I grow the most both emotionally and spiritually. I am certain that your mother would be very proud of you venus!

liss, mmm....chocolate!!!

melissa, great move on the keychain!

1step, you will succeed both in sobriety and in the job market because you have determination! You are going for the things you want, and I admire your perseverance. Testing can be difficult, and stressful....but you will have learned things from your recent experience, and can do it differently next time. Keep on trying!

Happy Friday to all of our February group! Gotta run, but have a great weekend gang!

Much love,

MV
Old 06-21-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Big big big hugs, Venus!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
now's the time

Venus -- The things you're dealing with right now are above and beyond my maturity level... the only advice I could give would be "don't drink" and you've already got that covered. So no advice, just a big hug and know that I'm thinking of you.