Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part VI: "Raging Bull"

Old 08-21-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Cow, I been off and on since March of last year. Only weeks sober this time. Just happened to think to come back here. May be taking up collection for living expenses soon so, the more contacts the better.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

4S, Everybody here is on island of misfit drunks. We all has to care about each other, yes? I mean, true, I put near sociopath incapable of caring about much. But, since I not actual has to DO too much to care about you guys, I find I can handle this level of caring, and it actual start to mean somethings to me, you know? So please keep us apprise of how you doing, okay?

Wow Snarkbunny, you freaking stay sober after bird corpses! That some serious sh*t. Good for you! ...you trip sound absolute abysmal. So... did you buy Cow plastic bird corpse from gift shop?

Trach, yeah, um, hmmm, oh no, my wallet kind of light. Yeah.*

*Please see carefully detail "caring without actual having to do anything" policy as describe in paragraph 1.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
p***enger

Peak risk to sobriety occurs 24-72 hours after onset of bird corpses. No, I didn't get you one. That would be cruelty to plastic.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
But, since I not actual has to DO too much to care about you guys, I find I can handle this level of caring, and it actual start to mean somethings to me, you know?

*Please see carefully detail "caring without actual having to do anything" policy as describe in paragraph 1.
LOL Cow! I know I care about you and so many SR members. And, the beauty is that it is no effort at all! I wish all my relations were like this! xoxo
Old 08-21-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Cow, I'd never hit anyone here up for money as long as I have plasma to sell.

Courage, I understand.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Not forget to sell sperms, and plus also become guinea pig for total toxic medical testing, Trach!

Yeah 4S, we can all loves each other here. Even when is highly probable if any of you know me in real life, you maybe quick become exasperated. Is beauty of social media. But also, I think it make us less and less tolerant and able to deal with actual REAL personalities. The good, the bad, the drunk and the ugly.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:49 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Well, I don't know if this counts but I had a very very aggravating work trip. I don't care for this city, the hotel sucks on many levels and just now I got my wake up call an hour early. no clock in room, this is a new trend of late. I was told the industry believes everyone travels with their iPhones and such so they don't have in room clocks. This hotel doesn't have wash cloths, I've stayed in three different cities in this county and none of the hotels have wash cloths. I don't usually have to come here so I forgot about that little detail. Luckily I do have a cloth I can use that I carry.

my room service dinner sucked. Worst meal I've had in forever. Oh well, it happens. But when I called to have the tray removed, as it asked I do on a little card left on the tray, I asked if they could bring me a glass of ice (no ice machines, no ice bucket in room) they told me it would be €5! This triggered a last straw and I got rather hateful, told them this was bad food, and that I had requested a glass of for my coke light (the only non alcohol drink on room service menu) and they had given me one small cube of ice. I was told I could come downstairs to the bar and they would give me a cup of for free. no, I wasn't hiking down stairs for a glass of ice. I would place the service tray on the floor outside my room and they could collect it at their convenience. About 5 minutes later, a gentle knock on my door (DND sign on door) and an employee had a large sack of ice in a plastic bag on a tray. No ice bucket, no glass. just the huge bag. I graciously accepted the ice and had a good giggle over the attempt to accommodate me. So? My wake up call came an hour early! The bugged me. In fact, the damn phone keep ringing after third call, I called the front desk and asked why the phone kept ringing. Glitch. Time set for 0600. Incorrectly but at least early rather than late.

So, I am in a pizzy mood. And have a long, hateful day ahead of me. this is my choice, I will snap out of as it's all relatively minor in the grand scheme of things but it's always been the little stuff that bugs me. OH! And another thing, I requested a big bed, I like to sleep diagonally, and they gave me two little twin beds shoved together.

But I am heading home today and have a few days off.

Which is a good thing. Because I am very tired and need time off the bicycle of capitalism.

Theres more, but I think this enough, no one died, no one has Ebola. Which were the only two stories on the only English language channel. Could have been worse....could have been Fox News.

I am proud we all are all moving forward, together. At least the time space continuum seems to be working for me but the day is young. it's possible yet I could have a Doug Adams sorta experience. which would be better than Stephen King sort.

Love from Lenina
Old 08-21-2014, 09:53 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Actually, Cow, you ROCK BIG TIME!!! I never thought about checking my homeowners insurance policy until you mentioned. I think I may be covered for the boiler!!!

I will call them tomorrow. Thank-you so much for that thought! I will keep you posted! xoxoxo
Old 08-21-2014, 09:54 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Actually, Cow, you ROCK BIG TIME!!! I never thought about checking my homeowners insurance policy until you mentioned it. I think I may be covered for the boiler!!!

I will call them tomorrow. Thank-you so much for that thought! I will keep you posted! xoxoxo
Old 08-21-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

4S, YAY!

Lenina, that awesome story! I understand. I has gone total flabbergast over no ice or other minor inconvenience! When it NOT YOU, is easy to see how spoil we is, yes? I mean, in light of third world sufferings or people getting they head cut off, is what I call "quality problem." But as Dalai Lama say, "Suffering expands to fit the space." Amen.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:28 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Cow, see? These are the things I am grateful for today. It's just Life. I do have a choice of how I react to it. In the past, the Addictive Voice would have been in full cry over this sad state of no Ice, bad food, no wash cloth, no big bed, oh and I forgot to mention only one electric outlet works in this room. And it's on the wall behind chair. See? I know this happens, so I know to look and solve the little problems. I like to recharge my phone, my iPad and I like to use my beauty implements, curling iron, blow dryer....so since the plug wasn't in the bathroom or near a mirror, I managed with my small compact mirror. oh no, these things are not going to harsh me or my day.

I am grateful you understand the depth of my suffering the slings and arrows of cruel hospitality services.

love from Lenina. who groomed.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I have been sad for a couple of weeks, Cow. I don't want to go into it, because I feel like i already vomited all over the board elsewhere. But I have been very down in he dumps and feeling a mixture of two things: 1) everything I touch turns to ****; and 2) "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

Then a little explosion and back to 1).
Old 08-22-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I have been sad for a couple of weeks, Cow. I don't want to go into it, because I feel like i already vomited all over the board elsewhere. But I have been very down in he dumps and feeling a mixture of two things: 1) everything I touch turns to ****; and 2) "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

Then a little explosion and back to 1).
((((Gilmer))))

((((everybody)))))
Old 08-22-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I am struggling. I went to AA yesterday and am going again today. Full of malaise and complete lack of passion for life. Not engaging with my kids. Having strong urges to drink. Bleh.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I am currently visiting a college town and have eaten at a couple of restaurants that are big into the guzzling atmosphere. I remember a time when a "beer mug margarita" would have seemed good--but those days are long ago. First of all, margaritas and all sugary drinks cause my insulin to spike; second, I now associate alcohol instantly with sick headaches and muddy brain; and third, I'm way too old for a "beer mug margarita."

Time for a little gravitas.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

You know, I just kind of assumes everybody else here sober and I only one that still struggle on the start and stop train, cuz nobody else talk about it. So is kind of comfort to know I not last floppy fish in the sea.

people like me, Cow, flopped for ever.
i just didn't have the guts to be on a public forum with it.
before i could be on a forum, i had to be as sure as i could that i wouldn't go back.

all full of shame and always hiding.

so don't assume there aren't oodles out there not posting and flopping.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

struggle/triumph.....struggle/triumph........struggle/triumph....................struggle/triumph. This pattern IS better than eff it!/wtf? or the ever-popular wtf?/eff it! Keep coming back cow!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cow View Post

SJ, What kind of meditations?

Vipassana. As if I really know what the heck I'm doing...

I'm just learning how really.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Cow, I struggle sometimes with urges. I don't always post about every urge. Actually, I don't post about them at all anymore. But they do pop up, seemingly from out of nowhere... just the other day, my husband was in the garage organizing, and I saw some big clear bottle filled with an unknown liquid... boom! I thought of alcohol. Which is odd, because I drank wine. And this looked like vodka, if anything. I told him I had an instant sort of Pavlovian response to the bottle... actually salivated. Lol.

Ah well... it's the addict brain I guess. Life goes on.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I think we all can use really big group cuddle right now. ...just not get handsy, okay? (I talking to you Snarkbunny. )

These posts is been very enlightening. I hope everybody continue to share more openly so we all can supports each other, and plus also, so Cow not think I only one in abject misery and still fishy flopping with my addictions. We all in this together, misfits! Sober, drunk, depress, struggling, anhedonic, traumatize by dead bird corpses, and yes, even those lucky bastards who doing just fine --everybody on the bus!