Notices

I found myself here a different way

Old 07-28-2006, 02:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool I found myself here a different way

When I found SoberRecovery. I was looking up info on google for updates on side effects, new discoveries, and well, jsut general drug info. i never took anything before i didnt already read all about, i liked knowing what to expect so i couldnt be scared. i just clicked the link on soberrecovery and was reading the info here on all the different names that id never even heard of. i thought i would read some of the forum after that and, well, to be honest, i just thought everyone here was silly for thinking they could get help from a forum, i read some posts over the past two days, and i came back to read more. it made me think about how i told myself once i hit 21 years old i would give everything up, i was just doing this cause im young and want to take advantage of not being responsible as i will have to be eventually. but i kinda have this thought in the back of my mind saying whats going to make me want to stop, just because of my age. if i can do it and still get everything done that im supposed to, why bother to stop. so here i am, to do my research, and figure out a solution and an answer, because like i said, i dont like doing anything without doing some reading up on the matter, even if it is the opposite of looking up what drugs can do to affect my health.

for now though, im here reading and trying to help with what i know, im worried my opinion or advice is not even considered or looked at seriously since i still use, but i feel i have a good concience even though i dont listen to it. what a hypocrite i can be :-/ i always did tend to put others first in my life though. worry about them first, and i can take care of my problems later.

but thats it for now, i guess this is my "im new here" post even though it aint my first post. and for the record, from what ive read so far i find it really cool that people have gotten so much help here, and that it doesnt always have to be a physical force to help, it can just be a complete stranger who wants to help anyway they can.

Noah
Old 07-28-2006, 02:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope that you find a recovery programme that works for you. I would like to add that all of our expereinces are very valid.Ok so you are still using, but why?...those expereinces and feelings may be expressed here which in turn may help you and in turn help somone else.
I for one will be looking out for you
thankyou for your honesty.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Welcome to SR Noah. I just wanted to say that I can relate to your post quite a bit...I started drinking / using as a young teenager, just for kicks. I continued to drink / use for the next 22 years, progressively increasing amounts, types, whatever. I never lost a job (quit one or two, but never fired) I provided for the basic needs of my two children (food, shelter, etc...), and never went to jail, institutions or rehab. But I didn't go a day without being messed up in one way or another. Anyway...you mentioned that you were still using...well, the first two months of meetings I attended, I went high. I smoked on the way there and I smoked on the way home. But today I've been clean and sober for over a year...point being, I finally found my way and you will too if you just keep looking for it. Good luck, praying for you!

Old 07-28-2006, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Red face

Noah

Welcome to SR

I'm glad you found us. And your age or the fact you are still using doesn't mean we won't take you seriously. As the mom of an addict...can I just say, my daughter is my only child, and when she started using drugs, I know she thought she had it under control, and I'm sure perhaps to a certain degree she did. But, can I say, it's a slippery slope, she met a guy, they were supposed to go to the Bahamas to get married.
Well, they never went to the Bahamas....now they spend all their time on a dirty mattress in a drug house, they were evicted from their apt for not paying rent, my daughter was a single mom....her son was just taken from her, she was a registered nurse, she has lost her job. She was a beautiful girl..weighed about 160-170lbs, but now she weighs 90lbs and looks like the walking dead. She would tell you today...that her drug use is not a problem....and I know in my heart that this is not what she wanted for her life. She is 29 years old, so not that much older than you!
I guess what I'm saying is you are heading into territory that is very hard to get away from. I don't recognize my beautiful daughter now, her eyes are empty. The last time I saw her, she threatened to kill me because I had called the police when I found my grandson living in a home littered with syringes. The last thing she screamed at me, was they were not illegal drugs, but pain medication because she injured her back at work. You see how drugs alter thinking....
I'm glad to see you here. Please stay......
Old 07-28-2006, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Noah you are in the right place and need to keep coming back........Glad you are here today........It takes one day at a time .........Slow steps is ok here and no one person will scare you off.........................Just remember you are the one that made the right move to come here and that is good.........I had a rough time getting myself into the right place to get the help I needed.................At first I wasn't sure I was in the right place........I listened to others talk about their stories around me.........I didn't match up to them at all......Then someone came up to me and said I needed a Hug and someone to talk to ......They were right.....And you know I am still here doing what others did for me............Sure there may be some people that say I am in the wrong place.........But we all have a story to tell......and each of us is unique.......Our stories are the same.....We all have a problem with drugs, alcohol and more......So we all belong here.......This is where we learn to be patient to ourself and search for the help to make ourself better.....................You came here, opened the door and are on your way to making you better.................Listen to the stories of others and know that you have friends(New ones) that care about you.........................Hugs to ya friend............KEEP COMING BACK.................Little Penguin