Notices

The first Step

Old 01-24-2006, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool The first Step

I was coming down, and feeling desperate because my girlfriend said she was leaving me ebcause of my addiction to cocaine. I was looking and looking for sites for help but everybody wanted money, or something from you. Then I found SR and I read the posts and posted my own. at first there was o reply and i was going to give up , but then bam! one after another replies came and the members who wrote them wrote the truth and their words came from the heart. This site has helped me so much in the little time that I have been a member and it will continue to help many others. All the members here should be proud if their work here and how far they have come. Thank God for SR and it's members, tonight I will pray for all the members and your families. Goodluck on all your roads to recovery and God Bless You all
Old 01-25-2006, 02:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Doug

Thanks for sharing that Ray, and I'm glad you found us.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Nice thing bout this site and for the most part about people in Recovery is, they want you to do good. A lot of people in life just want something from you.

I enjoy seeing people come in here and tell me their life is getting better.

hope your life gets better as well

Chris
Old 01-31-2006, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Captin Well I Came Into Recovery In 1991 Was Not Sure If I Wanted To Stay Or Not But I Said I'll Try Anything For A Year And That''s How I Got Started Better Yet Tricked!! Into Recovery. Before Coming Into The Rooms Of Recovery I Thought Other People Had The Problem Especially Since I Kept A Job Most Of Time And I Had So Called Clothes See I Had Other Ideas Of What Addict Was And It Most Certainly Was Not Me. What I Was I Relize Today Was In Denial!!! Because I Did Most Things Addicts Do And Some Were Worse Than Others I Also That Little Old Lady Going To A Doctor For Me It Was ... Institutions And Almost Death On More Than One Occasion Oh I Played With Fire On A Regular From The Amounts I Used To The People Places And Things, And Today I Still Do Not To Even Walk Down Those Streets Or Even Trying Looking In There Direction See When I Came Into Recovery They Said How High And I Simply Said Ok Because I Was Tired And I Had Did The Do So Many Times And Got Out God Did Not Even Let Me Go To Treatment Because I Would Find A Way Out Because I Was Able To Maniupilate My Into Makeing Those Believe I Was Fine And Even Myself That's Today I Am Glad On Most Part God Gave Me A Rougher Road Than What I've Seen And Heard Before And After I Got Clean Because I've Been Able To Go Thru Some Things Without The Use Of Drugs For This Time Today' I'm Grateful And They Say A Grateful Addict Won't Use God Has Given Me Something Some People Dream About A Place I Call Home Thanks And Only Thru His Son Jesus Is Any Of This Possible