Notices

Thank God for Google.

Old 09-02-2005, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank God for Google.

It's complicated. I was at a transitional point in my life. I had been very sick both mentally and physically for about 3 years. I was out of work on disability. We found out that I had been mis-diagnosed, and the real problem had not only gotten worse, but the meds I was on for the wrong reasons were causing other problems. I had just started to come back to my senses.

I knew my husband was making new contacts on a message board of another type (fishing). and I wanted to try to find something like it for recovery. I need contact with other people. I did a 'google' search for "Recovery Related Message Boards".

I checked out a few, but I kept being drawn back to SR. I could relate to alot of what I read here, and I just felt a certain way about it. I registered, and here I am.

Now it's gonna be tough to get rid of me. I love this place. SR and it's members have helped me through many struggles.

Thank you Jon.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

God bless you.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Karl

google done good

from karlofthenorth:

I was looking for some AA subject matter as I was coming into my 5th month and working on step 4 and google got me here. It is my favorite place to come after checking my email. I seem to spend a lot of time here now a days. I think this is a really excellent site for those in recovery mode (like me) and I have recommended it to many here in the VA dom and I have told the addiction therapists about it and they too think it is fantastic. I will be moving back into my own apartment next week after 5 1/2 months in the VA dom treatment center and I will be checking in here on a regular basis. Soberrecovery.com, whatta' concept. Thanks, karl