Notices

Whata the worst thing you've done when drunk?

Old 11-02-2021, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whata the worst thing you've done when drunk?

I have lost so many jackets, bank cards, phones than I can could.

No idea of how many blackouts with no idea how I got home.

Shouted at friends and girlfriends who didn't deserve it.

Woke up with a black eye once, no idea how.

Walking home I once squatted in a hedge in somebody's garden and took a **** and then went to sleep for a while.

In fact I have often slept in gardens or on the street.

Woke up in the corridor of an apartment block once...no idea how I got there.

Fell asleep on a train and ended up on the other side of the country.

I very often start messaging as many people as I can...I get real chatty...I usually regret those conversations the next day.

Votmit in places. Slept in my friends bath tub.

Got fired from several jobs for being drunk on the job.

I used to steal from supermarkets too.

I hate alcohol.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think most of us have a long list of shameful regretful things that we did while drinking.
To be honest tho remembering those things never got or kept me sober.

Knowing I was building a better more meaningful life for myself and letting the real me face the world again was a far better motivation for me.

D
Old 11-02-2021, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I shudder to think of my drunken episodes. But I'm not that person anymore! I've changed 180 degrees. I prefer to know how I am now as opposed to how I was then.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Serial stealing from supermarts until gettin caught, sometimes never getting caught... making a small income this way...

All in all, it\s a shameful life of not having the awareness where also not having a penny to afford oneself.... not a nice view... not at all...
Old 12-10-2021, 11:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I used to get terribly masochistic when I was black out drunk, and have burn scars on my arms from the cigarettes I would put out on them. One time I found a loaded handgun with a round in the chamber on my nightstand (my guns are locked at all times, but I was living alone and depressed at that time). I have absolutely no memory of taking it out of the safe and loading it. Needless to say it scared the total **** out of me, to put it mildly, and I took my guns to my parents for safe keeping. They are still there, and thats where they will stay until I can trust myself again, which might be never. At this point I just dont know.
Old 12-10-2021, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I was in my thirties (some forty years ago) I had a convulsion. As Dee points out some of us foolisly ignore such. I hit the big 80 next month a fact that really amazes me.
Old 12-10-2021, 02:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Question

When I was in my thirties (some forty years ago) I had a convulsion at the breakfast table. As Dee points out some of us foolisly ignore such. I hit the big 80 next month a fact that really amazes me.
Old 12-10-2021, 02:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I have lost so many jackets, bank cards, phones than I can could.

No idea of how many blackouts with no idea how I got home.

Shouted at friends and girlfriends who didn't deserve it.

Woke up with a black eye once, no idea how.

Walking home I once squatted in a hedge in somebody's garden and took a **** and then went to sleep for a while.

In fact I have often slept in gardens or on the street.

Woke up in the corridor of an apartment block once...no idea how I got there.

Fell asleep on a train and ended up on the other side of the country.

I very often start messaging as many people as I can...I get real chatty...I usually regret those conversations the next day.

Votmit in places. Slept in my friends bath tub.

Got fired from several jobs for being drunk on the job.

I used to steal from supermarkets too.

I hate alcohol.
Scarey stuff 007....hope you are travelling well now.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

At the highest point of my drinking after I discovered what it was like to day drink during the covid days, I'd still drink my ration of beer in the afternoon and finish off the night with red wine or whiskey again. I was blacking out on the couch, fully clothed, or sometimes I'd stretch out on the floor and blackout. My daughter was seeing this and now she hates me because of it. I embarrassed her and I let her down. I'd wake up not remembering most of the evening with my fat beer belly hanging out like a real champ. Way to go Dad.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Unhappy

The worst things I did whilst drunk (that I'm willing to admit on a forum):
  • Drove a lot - fortunately I never hurt anyone but myself (n.b. I have not driven drunk in 10+ years).
  • Regularly and repeatedly flirted with my friends girlfriends and wives. Sometimes they reciprocated as well (I haven't done this in 17 years)
  • Got mugged - I was way too drunk to even consider defending myself. (This was in 2000 - so 22 years ago)

I stopped drinking out in public and these stupid actions stopped for many years. At this point I was just poisoning my body, slowly.

I am glad that is all over. It's very embarassing looking back.

Old 08-22-2022, 01:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My list of 'stupid' is far too long, shameful, really dangerous and spanning over many years.
I want to concentrate on not stupid now - and build a life I'm not ashamed of.
Old 11-13-2022, 02:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Crikey! Where do I start.

Well, here goes:

Stole a van whilst on drink and shrooms and smashed into a car (I can still see the woman's face some 36 years on) then did a runner.

Was a brawler when younger

Verbally abused my lovely wife.

Loads of self harm: tried to tattoo myself once.

Multiple drink related injuries.

Operated heavy plant drunk.

The list is endless and I'm so ashamed....but sober now.
Old 11-13-2022, 06:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don’t remember
Old 12-11-2022, 03:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I lost a large amount of cash

Boy, is that a sketchy question as I doubt people can be open about this on a public forum. One of the worst things that ever happened to me when I was intoxicated is that I lost my wallet with $900 in cash in it.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Fell down the stairs and broke my collarbone in a bar, got into a taxi and didn't realize I'd broken it, woke up the next morning with no idea and thought maybe I'd slept wrong ....
Old 09-21-2023, 03:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Lets see ********* at the least. ****** at the worst end. Best if I could turn witness but that incident happened when I was 19 in South Los Angeles with local Crip gang members. I was going to buy more drugs with a car load of gang bangers at 3 am. The deal went south in a blink of an eye. I never ran so many red lights in my life. Washed the ***** out of my car. Still got my dope latter on. See I was crazy back then.

There are more like this and worse.
Old 10-01-2023, 03:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
needingtochange

What's the worst thing you've done when drunk? I read the title of this post and thought, Oh yeah this could be a never-ending post. Then I read Free2bme888's comment and thought, that's true. I may not remember the worst thing I did while drunk. So I guess to make it more accurate, the title should be, "Whata the worst thing you've done when drunk (that you can remember)?"
Old 10-01-2023, 04:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Drive a motor vehicle. Many many times. Thanks to some higher power nothing bad ever happened. Just extremely lucky. The thought of what could have happened will always haunt me.
Old 10-05-2023, 09:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I beat up a stranger at a bar. Got lucky. The barkeep didn't like him either so they gave me my drink and told me to leave. They didn't call the police. Years later this same stranger found me at another bar, waited for me to get wasted and beat me up in an alley outside the bar.
Old 11-07-2023, 07:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowboarder1980 View Post
I used to get terribly masochistic when I was black out drunk, and have burn scars on my arms from the cigarettes I would put out on them. One time I found a loaded handgun with a round in the chamber on my nightstand (my guns are locked at all times, but I was living alone and depressed at that time). I have absolutely no memory of taking it out of the safe and loading it. Needless to say it scared the total **** out of me, to put it mildly, and I took my guns to my parents for safe keeping. They are still there, and thats where they will stay until I can trust myself again, which might be never. At this point I just dont know.
I’m so glad you got really scared from that. It could have ended so differently.
Alcohol is such a self-hating substance. The negative self talk really cripples me. I find it scary how we don’t notice the head **** until we are in the deep end.
Glad you made it through