Notices

Where I Was

Old 06-05-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where I Was

When I found SoberRecovery, it was the day after I getting drunk again by myself--hungover and feeling ashamed.I felt like I was isolated and out of synch with the world. Even though I had binged before, I knew I needed to reach out and so I did. I joined this great community annd posted in Newcomers to Recovery. Almost immediately, I was given words of encouragement from fellow members that took away my feelings of isolation and gave me hope. Celebrating fourth day sober!

Old 06-05-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So happy you found us goody! Support made all the difference in my sobriety.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goody View Post
When I found SoberRecovery, it was the day after I getting drunk again by myself--hungover and feeling ashamed.I felt like I was isolated and out of synch with the world. Even though I had binged before, I knew I needed to reach out and so I did. I joined this great community annd posted in Newcomers to Recovery. Almost immediately, I was given words of encouragement from fellow members that took away my feelings of isolation and gave me hope. Celebrating fourth day sober!

I am so happy to hear that! I am grateful for day two of being sober! I went right to a meeting the next day after I drank! What a blessing AA has become for me and it took me a long time to accept I was not able to do it on my own. There are so many exactly like me in these meeting. Praising God for you and them. We can do this! We have to stick together and support one another to make it however. Thanks for being here!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too feel so blessed to be given another chance at life. I spent the weekend in the ICU and I got home two days ago, but attached to oxygen. I always wonder what it will take me to be convinced I can't drink like my friends. Today I'm grateful to be alive, off the ventilator and writing about how I feel, not drowning my fears and shame at the bottom of another bottle. What a relief to find this community! I cling to the hope that this realization isn't fleeting and that sobriety is finally a permanent fixture in my life. It's terrifying to be twenty nine and have been hospitalized as many times as I have... I had such a bright future before this drug entered my life and overcame it. With the right attitude and the work I hope I can reclaim that portion of my past.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome nola618!