Notices

Alone and Unemployed

Old 04-18-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alone and Unemployed

I found SR when I didn't have a job and burned all my bridges with friends. I think the pain of knowing I am an alcoholic is less the disease and more the destruction I have caused in personal relationships. I have lost child hood friends, college friends, and even my family. Some write it off as me being a "party dog," but I hate that moniker. I have always been driven by fear - fear of failing an exam, fear of parental retribution, fear of losing (and actually losing) the love of my life. Yet, I keep going ... numbing myself to all of the destruction I have caused. I have rarely blamed my drinking on others because I tend to be secretive in my addiction. Without insurance and free clinics, I only have a small room and an internet connection. I just hope those tools are enough, combined with will power, to succeed at getting back to my pre-drinking self. Thus, I am thankful for SR as a community.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So glad you found us Sky.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im thankful for SR too. I wish you all the best! Be strong
Old 05-09-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your situation is eerily similar to mine. Hang in there, Sky. It will get better.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by SkyBlueSky View Post
I found SR when I didn't have a job and burned all my bridges with friends. I think the pain of knowing I am an alcoholic is less the disease and more the destruction I have caused in personal relationships. I have lost child hood friends, college friends, and even my family. Some write it off as me being a "party dog," but I hate that moniker. I have always been driven by fear - fear of failing an exam, fear of parental retribution, fear of losing (and actually losing) the love of my life. Yet, I keep going ... numbing myself to all of the destruction I have caused. I have rarely blamed my drinking on others because I tend to be secretive in my addiction. Without insurance and free clinics, I only have a small room and an internet connection. I just hope those tools are enough, combined with will power, to succeed at getting back to my pre-drinking self. Thus, I am thankful for SR as a community.

A great honest post, welcome.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wish you the best of luck on your journey to sobriety, you can do it, stay strong x
Old 05-10-2014, 02:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Sky. You sound like me. This is day one for me. Good luck. Stay strong.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR BBlanks

D
Old 05-13-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome BBlanks!
Old 05-28-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard

Dunno if you're interested in 12 step programs or not (yes there are other ways to recover that work), but something that helped me a lot was my half-a** attempts at following them especially these steps:
  • Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
  • Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

Which reminds me, I need to get back at it if I want to get rid of my stinking thinking.

God Bless you and Good luck!!!

-Jnoob
Old 05-28-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are here, Sky.

You may want to talk with your state's lawyer assistance program if you haven't already done so.

I have been active in my state's LAP for quite a few years now.

Take care.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 06-24-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Good luck! We're all in this together.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SkyBlueSky View Post
"I have come to seek and save the lost"

In fact, if it was the opposite of your current condition, you would never have a chance to meet Jesus from Nazareth.

I read an interesting text about the man from Germany, who lived grand-style of living type of life - rich, chasing women and all - and frankly, I would not trade my life for his for nothing. Why ? Because when my body dies, I get to live forever. All the other things are added to me.

Point is - use your circumstances. Go out and seek God. Knock on churches door and ask who Jesus is.

Actually, I can send you a list of churches if you give me the city, where you want to seek.

And yes . can you provide feedback ? I am always interested to learn how other cultures and churches perceive my master Jesus.

and yes, don't believe those lies that the enemy is planting into your mind: room with internet connection is what I have right now. And it is very good.