Notices

My inner voice told me that I was at bottom

Old 06-24-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My inner voice told me that I was at bottom

Here's where I was when I found this forum:

It was the last day of school for my daughter and also for me (grad school).

My daughter brought a friend home to play. My husband and I decided to celebrate the last day of the semester with a couple mimosas... which turned into a couple bottles of wine. Which turned into a bad alcoholic fight (he's an alcoholic too).

By the time my daughter's friend's dad came to pick her up, I was passed out on the couch. Drunk.

Talk about embarrassing!!!!! And dangerous. I can't believe I was in that state while caring for children.

The next morning, I lay in bed with a wretched hangover and a loud voice in my head boomed "this is your bottom."

Weird, because I've certainly had waaay worse things happen to me while drunk, but the idea of my daughter losing her best friend because her mom's a drunk hit me hard. I can't do that to her.

But... that was not my last drunk. There was one more time a couple days later. I took the kids to my mom's house for a visit. I told my mom I had some errands to run and could she watch the kids for a couple hours. Can you guess what my errand was? It was to drink, of course.

I went to a bar by her house and ran into someone negative from my past. Without getting into boring details, he said some nasty, disrespectful things to me. But, ultimately, the experience was great because it was like I was hit with a lightening bolt! I took a look around and assessed the situation. I am a thirty-something mother of two slinking around a bar on a beautiful afternoon. I am a drunk, I do not respect myself. Why would anyone else respect me? That was my last drink. I found this site that night and that was two weeks ago.

Thank you SR!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing glad you found this site and congratulations on your 2 weeks