Notices

How I found SR

Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How I found SR

I am an addict and have been clean for 4 years now. Recently I got guardianship of my nephew because my sister can't get past her addiction in order to take care of him, so now I have him. I don't go to meetings, and have never been one to need them before, but since I have had to deal with my sister and her addiction I decided to try online meetings because I can't seem to cope with her. I may be an addict, but I have no understanding of her and how she can't put my nephew first. Ive been hoping that doing these online things would help me be more understanding of her addiction but it hasn't. I found out I was pregnant and quit and am finding it really hard to have any sympathy for her because I was able to do it. So I started to look online and found SR. Hoping this will help me somewhat at least.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is great, to find the people closest to your own problem, there is a "hope" and "camaraderie" and you can relate to them too. I myself am taking this forums seriously and it is always a pleasure to know that there are so many lost in this world and have found a way in the long, dark tunnel. Just make sure that everything will be planned for your child's future and yours. You are a great aunt by the way. Taking care of your sister child is not an easy task with your own "d-----". You got sure to get by and hang on tight there!