Notices

My Journey Here

Old 12-25-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Journey Here

I have perhaps an interesting story as to how I found this Site. I recently switched to third shift in late August of this year, and strangely enough I found myself watching on T.V something that I had vowed not to watch. Those reality singing competitions, namely the Voice and X Factor.

Well long story short I was looking for a place that I could join where I could discuss the shows and as it turns out I found a Site very much the same format as this one.

Needless to say for the last few months I have been posting there and while browsing that site there was a small sobriety forum that I would occasionally post in for the simple fact that it was there. I have 6 years sobriety and I was looking for a place that I could connect to.

Just yesterday a fellow poster made mention of finding a Site for sobriety and I asked her for the information because I have searched for some sites and I found them not to be worth a hoot if you catch my drift?

Anyhow, here I am and you are all stuck with me.......lol! I am looking forward to meeting new folks who have as long or even longer time in sobriety than me. I feel that I have quite a bit to offer the sobriety forum. I never would have thought at 35 years of age I would have learned so much about myself. But I still have lots to learn.

To our sobriety!!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh yeah I almost forgot. You can call me Derek, I like the name masterscorpio77, but in this place of sobriety, my real name may be prudent. Besides, I think I will be a mainstay here.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi again Derek. Love your name. Glad to have you part of us.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Derek! Welcome!

I'm new here...I'm so glad I found this site. I'm trying to understand and find myself after a long relationship w my recently XABF.

People are great here 😻