Notices

I was irritable, unhappy, guilt stricken

Old 10-26-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was irritable, unhappy, guilt stricken

Irritable because as usual my son was moving soooo slowly in the morning while getting him ready for school and my body was on day 2 of sobriety so it was screaming for some sort of "release" from the tension.
Unhappy because I had just gotten fully into reading Under the Influence and I couldn't believe how my life had just gone downhill over the years.
Guilt stricken because how could I do this to the people I love the most.
How could I completely let myself go, how could I just stop caring about almost everything?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Alcohol-ISM.

Hi, theway I look at it, the name of the disease/illness is alcohol-ISM, the alcohol is a symptom. In sobriety, however short or long, you have to deal with the -ISM's.

So what are these -ISM's, they are the little unseen arrows that fly , unseen through the air everyday , called life! The washing machine breaks, down, your two year old is moving slowly, an unexpected bill arrives, etc.etc.,the list is endless.

So how do you deal with these things!!!! My god, the world is ending!!! No, it's not, the world's fine, your child is fine but all those 'little arrows' are coming your way, no they're NOT!!!! Some of hit me, the people across the road, the royal family, etc., just about anybody you can think of.

So, how do you deal with this,hopefully, if you've found this site, you've covered the suggested Steps 1, 2, and 3 of Alcoholics Anonymous programme of recovery as outlined both here and in the book 'Alcoholics Anonymous', and at least gone some way to hand your life and will, especially 'self will', over to 'the god of your understanding, not my god, the churches god or anybody elses god, the GOD OF YOUR UNDERSTANDING!!!!

You let that god deal with the problem becauseyou're not in charge of the show anymore, of course you'll still have to take the action, which meansthe practical steps of looking after your child and other events surrounding your life, and you are going to have to get used to handing your life and will over to what is probably an unseen entity, but if you do, and do it from your heart,no lurking doubts or reservations, I know you'll find everything will be fine.

You get sober for you, once you do that, everything else will follow...