Notices

So easy to forget.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So easy to forget.

The sobriety calendar tells me, I have now been sober 984 days, there was a time I'd never thought that possible, never mind plausible, for I now ,'recoil from alcohol, like a hot flame' as the Big Book says, maybe not got the exact words right, but you know what I mean.
Couple of days ago I visited a friend , who I see regularly about once a week, so I was surprised when she rang me last night asking what was the matter with me. Somewhat surprised, she pointed out that there been at least one incident in a shop, whilst purchasing a poppy forRemembrance Sunday when I'd snappedat her, I'd also left earlier than I usually do and generally appeared irritable and cranky, what had she done?

I was amazed, on reflection all that she said was true and yet I meant no harm to anyone, so what happened?

I'm one of those people who believes our illness is called alcohol-ISM , the alcohol is for me, thankfully, long gone, the -ISM's remain, and they have to be looked after on a daily basis, I hadn't been getting ernough rest , I hadn't been eating properly, a prolonged bust up with my landlors, involving serious renovation to my rentedflat had ,'drainedme', emotionally, you see I've got to remember who I am and where I came from, and most importantly,that I handed my life and will over to the god of my understanding, in return he/she or it, I make no distinction took my alcoholism away from me, but sometimes I forget that, and then, the old adversary,'self will' kicks in, if it gets hold of me, I'm going to hell in a handcart. We must all be ever vigilant, alcohol, cunning, baffling, powerful, got toremember that to and continue to make spiritual progress on a daily basis, otherwise, I'm dead!