Notices

Procrastination I Even Put Off Procrastinating

Old 08-13-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Procrastination I Even Put Off Procrastinating

I've been sober for a little over a year and it seems I put just about everthing on the back burner. My job is very demanding and I do o.k.,(have to to keep it) ,but my hobbies,family life, anything that requires any energy I put off till later. When I was drinking I was always busy doing something. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Hawkenman.

I tend to put things like that off when I'm a bit down in the dumps. I never realized that I might be depressed until the therapist I was seeing suggested it. I was always on the go, handling a very hectic schedule running the pta, taking kids here and there...

The procrastination part of me emerges when I'm alone. I lack the energy to do the stuff I enjoyed enjoyed when I was younger.

Don't know how you're feeling, but if you get a sense that something just isn't right -- maybe you can talk to someone?

Hope this helps and glad you posted!
Old 10-15-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not sure it's procrastination, as much as a lack of motivation. Personally, I find that when my mind spirals downward (it does for most) I loose all of my motivation. This spiral downward is my addict trying to get me to break. If you do nothing to fight this spiral (or just do nothing) then you will never leave or get motivated.
You might try to just do something different to break the perspective your mind is currently living in. For me this is to got out at night to a busy road a stare at the car lights. Look left they're red, look right they're white. Sound silly but it works for me.
It just gives me perspective that brings me out of the mind set i am currently in.

Any hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am a procrastinator & a perfectionist...they don't go good together now. Since I am older and retired I tell myself I don't have to do that perfectionist bit anymore. I still catch myself doing it, especially when learning something new on the computer.

I procrastinate about everything but do get up and do chores....in my own way since my arthritis limits me....yesterday I did too much and then paid for it....swept & mopped the floors, did three loads of laundry, changed the bed, cooked dinner, washed dishes, put trash out, & then couldn't get calmed down enough to go to bed until 3 AM...just not one bit sleepy!

So today I am dragging. Did feed my dogs and locked them by the back door with the baby gate until they were dried off. Everytime I want it to rain...I need to mop floors...cuz it has been happening that way....dirty..muddy dog prints on clean floors doesn't make me a happy camper!!!!