Getting Through It

Old 05-26-2006, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Getting Through It

When there's an obstacle directly in front of you, it can appear difficult, complicated and forbidding. Once you get past it though, you may wonder why you ever hesitated to take it on.

Is there some challenge looming on your horizon that seems insurmountable? The good news is that it is not nearly as difficult as it first appears.

Yet the only way you'll know for sure is to step right up and meet it face to face. Once you start to do that, you also start to grow stronger, and as you do, the challenge becomes more manageable.

If you hide and cower in fear when confronted with a difficult situation, your response only makes the situation even more difficult. By making the choice to stride confidently forward, you raise yourself to a higher level of performance.

As you work through the difficulties, your wisdom, strength and effectiveness grow to meet the demands of the situation. And all the time you'll be creating real, lasting value.

Though the challenge looks big and forbidding, remember that it's well worth the effort to get to the other side. For when you get in the habit of seeking and working through challenge, you can go anywhere you choose.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 05-26-2006, 03:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I bite.

I feel like I have so many obstacles in front of me right now... I am making a list and will just handle them one by one. Just doing my best step by step and keeping in mind that I don't have to do everything perfectly.

Finding strength in small steps....

Old 05-28-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Seeking Inner Peace

I've been one to try to take on many obstacles at once, then become overwhelmed. This was a great reminder. Thank you.