Elder's Meditation - April 17

Old 04-17-2006, 04:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elder's Meditation - April 17

"Women know more about love than men do...Love is taking. Love is sharing. Love is learning things about each other."
--Mary Leitka, HOH

The Elders say Mother Earth shares Her special gifts of love with the Women. The Women know about bringing forth life and nurturing their offspring. Through this gift of love the Earth really makes the Woman special. Men should look upon the Woman with a Sacred Eye. She should be respected. The Woman is a role model for love. When the Woman talks, we should listen; when she shares, we should be grateful. We should all learn about each other.

Grandmother, teach me to love with the power of the Woman.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Yes! I am WOMAN....HEAR ME ROaooooRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

2Stop, I hear ya!

I know that when I was a child, I got a lot of wisdom from my female elders, my mother, my grandmother and my great aunt who was like a grandmother to me. It was these women who told me about life, about the history of my family and my ancestors, about love, about so many things that were instrumental in forming my own personality.

I had a wonderful relationship with my grandfather and uncles, but they taught me things about trains and nature and business.

Funny how each gender has different things to offer, but for me it was the women who offered what I needed to know most. That's just how it was.

Hugs,
Old 04-17-2006, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I didn't have many good examples of men...my grandfather was...he was a saint............as far as women my mom tried.she taught what she knew, ya know? But really most of the women around me were very very codependent on men for their survival, and very bitter about it all...I looked to women I would read about......Florence Nightingale, Clara Barton......etc...etc......current women also Jane Paulie........just would read what I thought was strong or beautiful aboutt hem and try to emulate that.I swore I would be 'different' than the women in my life...I would rise above the victimhood and bitterness, and misery of never becoming free to find your own voice.........

I guess in some areas I have succeeded...and well..in others I have much room to improve...........we can learn and be motivated and even blesses by the weak and the strong....we are all just humans in the end...trying to make it through.............
Old 04-17-2006, 06:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Our lessons come in many forms, 2Stop, and I am glad that your taught you what you did not want to be. We observe and find our own path, we choose our role models and strive to learn from them.

I too loved reading about women like Clara Barton, Florence Nightingale, Rosa Parks, Eleanor Roosevelt and all those who sometimes stood alone to pave the way for the opportunities and freedom I have today.

Hugs,