Reasons to be Thankful

Old 10-09-2005, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Reasons to be Thankful

The more you appreciate something, the more valuable it becomes. By being truly and actively thankful, you actually increase and expand the reasons you have for being thankful.

Sometimes it is difficult to find anything for which to be thankful. Yet it is precisely at such times that a genuine sense of thankfulness will do the most good.

When the world looks bleak, being thankful may seem to be naive, wishful thinking. The reality, though, is that thankfulness is a powerful, positive strategy that can immediately change things for the better.

When you can think of no reason to be thankful, it pays to look more closely until you do indeed find a reason. For even the smallest positive thing can begin to change your world in a big way.

If you focus on what is going wrong, on the problems, those problems will consume your energy and they will grow stronger. Instead, give some energy and grateful attention to what is right, no matter how small it may be, and it will surely grow.

Look for reasons to be thankful. And you will find a treasure of real, lasting value.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 10-09-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice post Ann.I definately have plenty to be thankful for. Including SR and everyone here.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Me too, Mike, my life is full of blessings and I am grateful every day for each one of them.

Hugs
Ann
Old 10-09-2005, 11:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

Beautiful post, Ann...
Good does build upon good. Today, I choose not to allow the negative to overwhelm me. I falter at times...I'm only human. I feel discourage, angry or sad, but, today, I CAN feel those emotions, and deal with them more effectively. Today, I can be gratiful for that progress. And success breeds success.
Shalom!