Respond to Your Ego With Your Heart

Old 08-19-2005, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Respond to Your Ego With Your Heart

Your ego is ever anxious to react to whatever comes your way. Yet there is always a much more powerful and effective course of action.

Instead of responding with your ego, respond to life with your heart. Instead of allowing your actions to be driven by petty, superficial concerns, let those actions come from the center of your being.

Supporting the demands of your ego can quickly use up all your energy, time and resources. In contrast, listening to and living out the yearnings of your true self will bring your life an ever-increasing abundance.

Ego will entice you with the promise of pleasure but will always end up robbing you of real joy. Ego gives you only a hollow image that can all too easily be shattered into nothing.

The more you tune out the noisy ranting of your ego, the more you'll touch the deep and awesome value of your true self. The more completely you leave your ego behind, the more power your efforts will have.

Respond with your heart. And live true to the unique, authentic and valuable person you are.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 08-19-2005, 04:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thanx ((((Ann)))

Ego will entice you with the promise of pleasure but will always end up robbing you of real joy. Ego gives you only a hollow image that can all too easily be shattered into nothing.
This statement above seem to me to be a key to being able to discern the voice of our ego from the voice of our HP....
Old 08-19-2005, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

in other words - any voice which is "self" is ego? And any voice which is AA/HP is God?

I dont understand.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mill, I have a feeling you do understand

My personal feeling is that ego is when my thoughts are about myself at the expense of others or in spite of others, and often leads to harm of others and myself.

Self-care and tending to my spirit, is about myself finding my peace and happiness within, and enhances my relationships with others and my harmony with the universe.

AA/HP? Both programs teach me about the self-care, and certainly have helped me to discern the difference between self-care and ego. So have many other things in my life, like open mindedness and learning about the spiritual practices of many, One doesn't equal the other, it enhances it.

Just my opinion based on what works for me.

Hugs
Ann

Last edited by Ann; 08-19-2005 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds very nice Ann.

My beliefs are different, but yes, I guess I can understand somewhat.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Thans Ann

hugs

Chris