I need help

Old 08-11-2005, 08:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry I need help

I am new at this so I hope I do this right.... I really need some ESH here with a problem I am having. this may be a long thread but I really feel that i need to explain the whole situation so anyone can understand it....
About 3 years ago I met a person online who I met in person and got to know really good (or so I thought) who became my sponsor and my best friend.
This person moved to my home town (her own apartment) and for the first couple of years things where going ok. She has been in recovery for 26 years (she had 20 years and relapsed) so she again had 5 years again. about a year ago my sister moved in with her to get out of a bad sitution. About this time she got into it with some people who are part of my recovery support system. So she stopped going to meetings here.....well to make a long story short.... she has relapsed (with pills)....now she is denying this totally and I find myself in a really sticky situation. I know she has been using cuz my sister is the one that gave her the pain pills. now she (sponsor) has had knee surgery about 2 monthes ago which is when this all started. I have noticed a HUGE change in her personality. I have tried to talk to her.... to no avail, she thinks that everyone is against her. I know I can't help her til she wants help. But here is my problem. my sister still lives with this women and tensions are running really high. (sister had total knee replacement 3 weeks ago) They are now not talking and I find myself smack dap in the middle of this til a couple of days ago when I threw my arms up and said I can't take it anymore. I know right now my primary concern has to be my own sobreity. I also have HUGE codependent issues (which I also attend) I really know that I can't FIX this but it seems that there has to be something I can do. I thought writting her a letter with all the prove I have that she is using (like 50 pills in 6 days) (my sister, besides the ones that she gave her, is missing pain pills) (total change in personality)(she has seen 2 different doctors in the last week and gotten scribts from both for pain pills) I talked to people who have known her for awhile and they say she has changed also. I guess even with the prove I'M the one in denile cuz I have such respect and admiration for this women, that I can't accept that she has relapsed (theres that putting someone on a pedestal thing) This women has become like family to me and what if it turns out that she is not using??? I am not sure what Im really asking.... maybe I need valadation that im doing the right thing in confronting her with the letter. I know that I really need to step it up on my meetings and keep talking about this and move on with my life (oh yea and get a new sponsor) . I cried for 2 days and this has torn apart my husband and children also as they have became really close to her. any ESH would be great... Thanks alot Chrissy214
Old 08-11-2005, 09:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Chrissy,
Welcome to SR. I am really not in any good space to offer you any good advice or ESH right now, but I wanted to welcome you.

I am sure that someone will be along soon that can help.