Relapse Prevention Plan?

Old 08-09-2005, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bella

Relapse Prevention Plan?

Hello Family, I'm Back,friday I Gave Myself Permission To Do A Little More Research,guess What?-----still The Same I Dranked And Used Til Yesterday. A Counselor Suggested To Me To Write Out A Relapse Plan,i Would Like To Hear From Someone Who Has Written One And What Are Their Thoughts On It. I'm Starting Over Again And Believe Me I'm Grateful That I Have Another Chance Of Recovery.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Isabel, This is only my thoght but, I think you should write a prevention plan first. This is only my experence but, I think the relapse plan is down the road. What I did was make a list of all the things I did the led up to the drink. Many times the answer is very simple but, we avoid it. I've found that I must change my patterns. Example, one of my slips could have read like this. I decided not to drink anymore, I posted on SR and asked for help. I went to a meeting. I felt like drinking but, didn't tell anyone. I was lonely so I decided to go to a club and visit with friends. I planned on only drinking soda. My friends were there and I told them I wasn't drinking. They assured me I wasn't that bad. I felt a little out of place and uncomfortable. I decided to have one drink to calm me. As you can see, I set myself up to drink. We are going to feel like drinking at times but, the difference is not being someplace to act on it. I know it is hard but, leaving friends behind and changing is part of it. Its' all about going to any lengths. True friends will meet you at the coffee shop or movies. Don W
Old 08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I printed out the plan in the eating disorder forum, and changed eating disorder to 'drugs'. That has helped a lot. It gives me something tangible to write on and look at, and read a million times if I need to instead of using.
Here's the link http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=61361
Old 08-10-2005, 12:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

wow, i'm so glad someone is getting some use out of that post!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Jumped into AA feet first. Meeting makers make it going on 6 years later I'm still here. i took people that didn't have a car to meetings I took people that didn't have a lic. to a meeting. I've got the key to the church we hold our Thurs. nite meeting.

90 days 90 meetings till you get some sobriety in you!!!!

What have you got to lose, you misery for one thing!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 12:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by wantneeda
SOME use? Try "its getting fuzy and time to print a new copy out" use. Thank you for posting it!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One other thing that helped me. Learning the difference between " going to AA and belonging to AA". My sister ( 25 years) also pushed structure and consistency. Make a plan and stick to it. Pick one recovery meeting and hit that one on a regular basis. The more people see you the more brave they and yourself gets to speak up. Also, go to some recovery group. You can always look around for something that fits better. The thing is to get connected. Hey, if your like me, I was running around with my umbilical cord in my hand, looking to hook up to someone. When your hungry, it isn't a time to be fussy. Don W
Old 08-10-2005, 02:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Heres some stuff i put together from the web. http://s8.invisionfree.com/HotRods_a...hp?showforum=3
Old 08-11-2005, 12:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bella

Thank You

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender
Heres some stuff i put together from the web. http://s8.invisionfree.com/HotRods_a...hp?showforum=3
Thanks A lot
Old 08-11-2005, 05:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are doing well. Keep up the good work and stay connected to SR. Don W
Old 08-11-2005, 08:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bella

Originally Posted by Alera
I printed out the plan in the eating disorder forum, and changed eating disorder to 'drugs'. That has helped a lot. It gives me something tangible to write on and look at, and read a million times if I need to instead of using.
Here's the link http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=61361
Thanks for your support,I'll use the relapse prevention plan.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wantneeda
I know I did!