Be There

Old 06-16-2005, 03:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Be There

Wherever you are, be there fully. For where you are is where you can most effectively act and live.

If you're constantly wishing that you were somewhere else, you diminish the opportunities for where you are now. When your thoughts are in another place or time, your actions lose much of their effectiveness.

It's great to dream, to plan, to aspire, to reach for new and improved circumstances. And yet the way to successfully do that is by being the best you can be in the place where you now find yourself.

It's great to keep yourself focused on an ambitious goal. And that focus is the most effective when it is crafted from the perspective of where you are now.

To successfully travel the path from here to there, you must start with being fully here. The more you give your attention and your energy to making the most of where you are, the more quickly you'll move along that path.

There is much to be accomplished, much to be lived in every place and in every moment. Be there fully for all of them, and life will be rich indeed.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 06-16-2005, 03:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

To successfully travel the path from here to there, you must start with being fully here. The more you give your attention and your energy to making the most of where you are, the more quickly you'll move along that path.
This paragraph caught my eye today because I need to read this often. I spend way too much time looking and where I have been yesterday and worrying about where I might be tomorrow, and in doing so I lose the beauty of where I am today.

Melody Beattie wrote that to get from where we were to where we are going, we have to travel "in-between", and that in-between can be a place of rest, a place of healing and a place of growth, so that we can continue our journey just a little wiser and a little stronger and with faith.

I need to trust that I am exactly where I am supposed to be today, and give today the attention it deserves.

Hugs
Ann
Old 06-16-2005, 03:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Ann, I don't know but lately everything you have been posting has been touching me personally.

I tend to think about the past and go over situations, replay them and wonder if I would have done it this way and that way if my outcome would have changed. Alot times when I'm at work i'm thinking g** I dont want to be here I wish I was some where else. I never really appreciate or take advantage of my now. Something for me to think about..

Jewel
Old 06-16-2005, 03:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

This paragraph caught my eye today because I need to read this often. I spend way too much time looking and where I have been yesterday and worrying about where I might be tomorrow, and in doing so I lose the beauty of where I am today.

I agree Ann and I do the same all the time. I'm always thinking of the past but constantly worrying about the future. For example I put my resume in for another position within my agency, I currently work almost 2 hours from home. But this new position will be closer to home still a little distance but not much, even closer to my daughters school, and my moms house. Instead of just waiting for an interview I'm thinking of how it probably wont work, every possible reason for it not to work. I woke up this morning thinking about this. But Ann thank you i think I'll print this at work and read this thread for as many times as I need too.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 06-16-2005, 03:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Uncertainty can trigger fear, which takes me on a path that is unlit by faith. Sometimes I just make sure I do my part and let God do the rest, trusting that what is meant to be will indeed be what will happen and that I am strong enough to handle whatever comes my way. Fear holds no light. Without the light I bang into a lot of walls.

I am much in the same place, Jewelz, liking my job but aware that the company I work for is struggling and it's week by week until it stabilizes or crumbles. I know in my heart that whatever happens, I will be okay, and trust that I am being led each day to see the path before me.

Hugs
Ann
Old 06-16-2005, 05:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow. I really needed this today.

Thank you so much, Ann.

--anne
Old 06-16-2005, 05:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You know, this is about my third trip back here today. These postings move me more some days than others, but this one is really speaking to a lot of my issues. I think I know what I want for tomorrow, I think that I have a plan that will get me there, but today I recognize that I'm not going anywhere until I can deal with "me", with who I am and why.

Today's problems will just follow me into tomorrow unless I address them and heal from them and then leave them behind. I never thought I would hear myself say that, the "impatient" me usually just keeps bolting ahead anxious to get to my next good place. It's all about timing and healing and staying fit for the journey.

I'll probably revisit this several times today. It's one of those days where I need to ground myself.

Hugs
Ann
Old 06-16-2005, 06:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Uncertainty can trigger fear, which takes me on a path that is unlit by faith.

You know this sentence reminded me of a time a few years back when I applied for a position at a retail company. At the time I was a stay at home mom, dealing with many issues concerning my ex and his alcoholism. You see his last drink left me alone, him in the hospital and all our money gone. I never wanted to be in that situation again so I looked for work so I can have some money for myself. Well I got the position but I couldn't see it working. My ex was in AA and he told me to let go of all the fears and that everything would work out and it did. But fear in it self is so scarey so many times I gravitate towards it, also seems it could be at times easier to be scared than believe and I actually have to stay STOP. Thanks Ann and I know this will be a post I will read often.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 06-16-2005, 10:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I bite.

There is much to be accomplished, much to be lived in every place and in every moment. Be there fully for all of them, and life will be rich indeed.
I will keep that close in my thoughts.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Well Ann, I really thought of my dad after reading this. I think of him all the time now that he is gone and I feel better about his death right now than before.

No matter what my dad was doing or where he was he was always smiling, happy. Even in the worst of times he was still happy. Just accepted life as it went along.

Thank you for posting this!! I really feel like some weight has been lifted off me.
(((HUGS))) kathy