Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 29

Old 03-01-2024, 11:25 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Astro, love and prayers to you and your brother.
Thanks for the empathy about my hacking situation. It is really stressful but I'm trying to stay calm. I still have to make some phone calls today. I hate dealing with this kind of stuff. I guess I have to get a hold of Experian or one of those. Have my credit watched. I hate hackers, I've had too many problems with them. I can think of a place they should all go! They are evil.
I hope I can get this straightened out.
Grateful for getting groceries delivered this evening. they keep pushing us back so I hope they come this evening.
Have a wonderful day all. Wishing you all love and peace.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:53 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Yikes Aly As if you don’t already have enough crap to deal with!

Glad your brother is doing well Astro….so nice of you to check on the pups for him

Yes I need some exercise …..thankful that March has begun….I’ve learned that “winter weight gain” is a real thing
Old 03-02-2024, 01:42 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hard to diet with all this Easter candy in my baskets!
Old 03-02-2024, 02:54 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Astro, I am happy to hear your brother is doing better and also happy you are out on your bike. I need to get back on mine. We have lots of nice trails around here.
Aly, Gosh..I hope you get some rest this weekend and can relax your mind. I have to imagine it has been racing dealing with all of that poop. Blah
Not much going on here. Happy day all.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:15 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Up and ready for a nice Saturday…coffee in hand. Have a great day folks!
Old 03-02-2024, 04:36 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Got a good night's sleep last night. The great thing about being an adult is that we can often choose to go to bed early if we are tired.

Had a beautiful five mile nature walk yesterday in the cool but sunny weather. It it steadily raining this morning.

Great news about your brother Astro!

Chloe and Purps, I have packed on the extra sugar pounds over the winter holidays. After many decades of daily drinking, it's sugar that is trying to kill me now.

Have a good day all!
Old 03-02-2024, 05:12 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry for the trouble those hackers are putting you through Aly, they are a modern day scourge.

Great news about your brother Astro.

I usually post a happy caturday meme but something canine related caught my eye this morning.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:20 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I was awakened by the cat. He was persistent and ornery this morning.

Sorry for all crap you are going through Aly. I’m like Sao and keep all my money where hackers can’t find it. It’s called nowhere. I did make the last car payment and waiting for the title in the mail. That is frightening as I know what happens in the post office. It’s a huge relief to have it payed off plus the money I can save on insurance.

That’s great your brother is doing well Astro. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

My Dr appointment was good so I will be staying here with her. My blood pressure was down, not good but much better than usual. They are affiliated with the hospital in CO I was at. Rehab hospital referred me elsewhere. I’m just happy to have good medical care here.

We are under a fire warning. There have been 2 grass fires way to close to town for comfort. They spread quickly due to the darn wind festival.

I was a slug yesterday so today it’s time to motivate after more coffee of course.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:51 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
That meme is hysterical, sao

Aly, I agree with ya, there's a special place for hackers and scammers, I wish the punishments were much stiffer.

Yesterday was incredibly busy between work and chores, it was so nice to have the evening off. Wife was at a friend's moving away party so I made myself a veggie burger and watched a couple episodes of Longmire. Got to sleep in a bit this morning. Love it!

Normally I drink my coffee black but I'm trying cold foam creamer today, yummy!
Old 03-02-2024, 06:37 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

It’s supposed to be sunny and in the 60s today, but I’m staying under the blanket until that happens….my feet are still cold!
Old 03-02-2024, 06:40 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Scammers are the new vandals. A TV personality was recently cheated out of his money with a banking scam. Crooks can make it look like your bank, that's how they get you.

Astro, good bro is healing.

Self-help for pooches. LOL

Val I too get in slug mode (slugs are funny). I had some good motivation yesterday

Coffee and me cat, I'm set
Old 03-02-2024, 07:35 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Up at 5:30

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Scammers are the new vandals. A TV personality was recently cheated out of his money with a banking scam. Crooks can make it look like your bank, that's how they get you.
I've learned something new and frighting lately : scammers can now display the name of a bank as the caller ID on their victim's phone.
This does a lot of damage especially with elderly people.

Have a good day Earlies ☼
Old 03-02-2024, 09:38 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

^^^ That’s all the more reason to not answer my phone!
Old 03-02-2024, 10:21 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I don't answer my phone anymore unless I know the caller. They can put false information on phones, etc. I really wish they would do more about it. One of these days they are going to have to. I do use a small credit union and they were very helpful. I appreciate it much more than the banks I used to have my mortgage with. I'm just afraid they still have access to my computer.
I hope you all have a wonderful day. It's raining like mad and yucky out. Our groceries are supposed to come today at 5. I hope. They have put them off for so long. I wonder if it is the bad weather.
Have a wonderful day all. Love and peace to you all. Thank you for the good vibes on the hacking issue! What a worry. I think I have to go to the library today for my mom. Building muscle while carrying all those books.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:48 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Svengoolie is trending on Twitter tonight
Old 03-02-2024, 07:42 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Canadian Koala View Post
Up at 5:30

I've learned something new and frighting lately : scammers can now display the name of a bank as the caller ID on their victim's phone.
This does a lot of damage especially with elderly people.

Have a good day Earlies ☼
Yes. Always contact your bank directly first before you answer an email, phone message, or link to anything. Good spam filters and malware protection will keep the crooks in Nigeria away.

Purps I am watching #OPLive . I have my OPLive Bingo Card too.

Book'em Danno.

Old 03-03-2024, 01:31 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Has anyone seen the movie "The Beekeeper"?
Old 03-03-2024, 02:30 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Star, we had a steady rain up here all day yesterday. I think today it is supposed to be 50 and tomorrow 60. Yay!
Sao, I love that one..lol
Val, happy to hear your bp is down and stay safe those winds. I spent a fair amount of time in Wy..mostly the SW
Purps, I am with you on not answering my phone..lol. I acutally don't unless it is my huband calling or my Drs office
I have heard that hackers have gotten into hacking informed delivery and changing people's addresses so they can get their mail..including new credit cards ..debit cards..etc

Supposed to be 50 today then 70 tomorrow. Happy day all
Chloe, no..I have not even heard about it
Old 03-03-2024, 02:42 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I haven’t heard about it either….is it any good? Maybe we can set up a screening at the coffee shop

I’ve been feeling so lazy….perhaps it’s normal coming out of winter? Like I’m up now, having my coffee, and I think of things I can do today….but it’s too early, and by the time later comes I just want to take a nap and I feel like a slug. Almost like the av creeping in: “It’s the weekend, you’re allowed to be lazy”

Anyway, Hi friends, coffee o’clock for sure
Old 03-03-2024, 03:15 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Chloe…I looked on Netflix for the movie Beekeeper but don’t see it….nice title.

Up and feeling good this morning! Have a good day folks!