Help Me, Must Stop the WINE

Old 09-13-2004, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tryn2rson

Lightbulb Help Me, Must Stop the WINE

Where to start... about 2 years ago I started drinking wine at night. It started with 2-3 glasses and now Im up to a bottle (the smaller bottle, but a bottle altogether). I start from the minute I get home till I go to sleep. I dont drink it fast, but I drink. I get up in the morning and feel like !@#$!! I can barely get out of bed. I am to the point now where I have no energy, I have anxiety I cant even go to the store until the evening after a cocktail. I have gained 35 lbs over the last 2 years and I am pretty sure its from drinking which is why I want to stop. That scares me . That the only reason to quit is because I have gained weight. I just look at my face in the mirror and its so puffy and ugly from the wine that I want to throw up. I am getting to the point where I just feel so bad, thats why I am doing it or is it?? Im scared of withdrawels. I have heard of people having seizures and that scares me too. I cant afford to go into detox, and I really cant miss work, but I have to stop. I have NO hobbies at all and I have to keep busy. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated. I was once addicted to Hydrocodone and tapered off. Can this be done with alcohol to help from having withdrawels, seizures that scares the hell out of me! I did stop for 3 days in May for surgery but started right back up again. I felt so good after just 1-2 days of not drinking at night. HELLO, you would think that would make me stop!
Thanks so much!

Old 09-13-2004, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tryn,

Welcome! It sounds like you've reached a point where you want to change your life for the better. I'm Anna, recovering alcoholic and I'm glad you found us.

It might be a good idea to talk to your dr before you stop drinking to get advice. I tried to cut down a hundred times and I never could do it. It would work for a couple of days and then I'd be back where I started.

I suspect the anxiety might stop when you stop drinking. It seems many people find that that is the case. I encourage you to stop drinking and reclaim your life. We're here to offer support!

Love, Anna