Getting My Life Back

Old 09-13-2004, 09:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting My Life Back

hellow everyone,

don't know were to start, thanks for the support through my rough times, the last two months, the wife called the divorce off today offically. Now with the legal part of my recovery completed we can work on us, we are going to attend marriage counceling in the weeks ahead.

I went to a birthday party this last weekend with my daughters, and after the children were done opening birthday gifts some parents started drinking alcohol, of course I thought how dare they do that with children present. Anyway I stayed focused on my children, and sober at the end of the party there was a pinyata that the children started beating on, well I was right there with my digital camera, and another parent that was drinking left to get another beer, and when he returned the pinyata was aready broken open. His comment was " dam I would have liked to seen that" I thought if you were no so pre-occupied with getting anothet beer in the house you would have. See I know now the past three years what alochol did to me I missed out on so many growing moments with my girls, no more I am on my way to recovery. thank you evryone for the support
Old 09-13-2004, 10:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Wonderful...

Great news.

and as another who had the divorce called off...
As guys we feel ok glad that is over, lets get on with life.
Women don't think like us. Be patient and understanding in the feelings your wife may show. Takes time to recover from the emotions of life.
We only need worry about our recovery from the alcohol or drugs...one day at a time. A woman's heart will need mend and that takes time.
Work the steps and work your recovery. As you work them I am sure you will gain even more understanding and amends, outreach, and sharing with others can be started and practiced right at home.
Stay the path one day at a time and you will be the dad and husband you want to be and should be one day at a time as well.

WOW! what great news.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Cappa,

I'm glad you're feeling the rewards of being sober. There are so many things to be grateful for. Best has given you good advice regarding your wife. Just try to be patient and stay on the path you're following.

Love, Anna
Old 09-14-2004, 04:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

GREAT GOING CAPPA.
A SOBER LIFE!!!SO MUCH BETTER.
STAY STRONG,YOUR CHILDREN ARE COUNTING ON YOU.
GODSPEED.........ted :rambo: