"Don't judge or look at ...."

Old 01-03-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

"Don't judge or look at ...."

Having rightly been described by the late and eminent Psychologist, Carl Rogers, responsible for developing the 'humanist approach' to psychology as one of those, as I suspect there are many on here, who has lead a 'rich', full life of experiential learning knowing both great triumph and disaster in equal measure. Whilst still remaining open to new experiences...which apparently has me and others as a 'fully functioning person'. I'll, let others be the judge of that...

I was, when I looked at 'Images of Sobriety' the following quotation not least as it really hit home to me, how much, even though I'm well into recovery how much past events which in truth had nothing to do with my alcoholism, albeit I'd accept my drinking, as a still 'high functioning alcoholic' part....still haunt me. Possibly others to?

" Don't judge or look at my past too hard ... I don't live there anymore."

Which is something I've not only been missing but should've been telling myself, almost on a daily basis, starting from today, throughout my recovery, to assist me to 'sweep away the wreckage of the past and assist me in trying to make spiritual progress.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, Redmayne. That's a great quote. I keep missing the present when my head's in the past.