Withdrawal Symptoms?

Old 06-17-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawal Symptoms?

I finished off my last 720ml bottle of 15.5% sake which lasted the duration of 3 days. I also had my last two Java Monsters....

I'm not sure if I'm experiencing alcohol or caffeine withdraw symptoms but today I woke up on my day off around 3pm feeling really crappy as though I had a bad head cold mixed with my allergies. I would have gone back to sleep but I had a Skype call appointment..

I honestly have no appetite. When I ate a bit earlier today I felt nauseous... I could only think of how I really needed a triple espresso or a few swigs of 15.5 sake

I feel like sleeping the entire day off.. even now, I feel real crappy
Old 06-17-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi, Karimx00!

No one here can diagnose you symptoms, but if you used alcohol and caffeine for a while your recovery will take some time too. Keep reading and posting--you'll learn that things WILL get better as long as you don't take that first drink!
Old 06-18-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Sounds like...

Sounds like, from my own and others personal experience, more like a good, old fashioned 'hangover' to me broughton, if you've enjoyed a period of abstinence from alcohol, what is referred to in A A, 'a slip'....

Not uncommon, even amongst the best of us, as to whether or not you'd refer to it as 'withdrawal symptoms', only you can answer that...either way, best not to be too hard on yourself and take it and yourself 'a day at a time'...', let it go, and live in the day.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Don't know if this helps, but every time I quit for the past couple of years my symptoms were:
Day 1-3: pounding PM heartbeat, night sweats / chills, sour stomach, wake up with sweaty sheets
Day 2-5: congested sinuses, sinus headache, lots of oral phlegm, constipation
Day 5-8: lots of nervous energy, anxious about everything

Weird, but consistent. It always felt like I was coming down with a head cold before the physical symptoms would start to abate at the end of the first week. I always knew to take a sinus pill, stay very hydrated and take extra fiber to deal with it.

I was an evening drinker (3-8 drinks / night, usually box wine) with episodic binge sessions a couple of nights a week (500-750ml of 80proof). I'd swear it off for a week or two, then start all over again with a few drinks after dinner ...

Currently at day 30. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best this time it's different.