New here!

Old 08-18-2004, 01:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

MTB, regarding quitting; how long has it been this time? Are you doing it on your own?

It's been 15 hours for me, but that's not saying much considering that I woke up (hungover of course) and now I'm at work. Making it through tonight will be a challenge. I don't even know what to do with myself. Usually the time between 5p and bedtime is spent drinking. I don't even have a hobby, well, actually I do, drinking. That's ok. I live in So Cal, I'll figure something out.

I think that you'll be a good person to correspond with.

Have a good day!
Old 08-18-2004, 01:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
MTB

Hey Stacy,
I'm sure you can find some fun things to do in SoCal! During the 5 years that I was not drinking, I got back into running and when my knee started bothering me, I started hiking fairly regularly and mountain biking. I've still been doing those things during my period of drinking, but not as regularly. It's been almost 2 days of no drinking, but I already feel much better. I know that it won't always be easy, but I try to think of the bad consequences of drinking - that usually helps. I'm also an avid reader and guitarist, so those activities become more important when I'm not drinking. When I do drink, even if it is not a large amount, I am usually groggy and not as interested in those things - I would rather fall asleep in front of the tv. Everyday without a hangover is an opportunity to do something worthwhile. I'm positive you can win this battle - starting tonight! Enjoy the rest of your day.
MTB
Old 08-18-2004, 02:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

(((mtb))) What an awesome attitude and commitment you are showing...God bless you. I am sure you will go far with this mindset.

Thoughts and prayers continue to be with you! ((((Warm Hugs)))
Old 08-18-2004, 02:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

((((((((((((Stacy)))))))))))

You are doing good...hang in there. The first days are tough...but we DO make it...YOU can too.

Thoughts and prayers with you also...((((Warm Hugs))))
Attached Images
File Type: gif
angel.gif (9.4 KB, 714 views)