Help!

Old 07-15-2004, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Help!

Hello,

I am not really sure how to go about this or where to start. I am seeking information on an AA meeting or a support group arena in Menard County,Illinois. I am really ****** up in my head and need to get back in the groove. I have not been to a meeting in about 8 years. As with most I had to do more research if you will as the saying goes. Last night was a bad one. I almost trashed my marriage after a fifth of Wild Turkey, and even worse today is my Wedding Anniversary. I am really in need of some answers quick,My wife will not take any more and I am really at the point of fixing my life or ending it. I am not new to the arena as I was a counselor at a long term therapeutic community for about 5 years. I know what to do but really am just looking for a place to start. Any help appreciated. If anyone has ***** Messenger my user name is MVPautos, I am always online although I am logged in under invisible mode. Thanks
Old 07-15-2004, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Here's a set of links that may help you.
Sounds like it's time to reach out.
You can also find your local AA office in the phone book.
Good luck.
http://www.theagapecenter.com/AAinUSA/Illinois.htm
Old 07-15-2004, 06:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

welcome !

My name is Trish and I am an alcoholic ..sorry for your pain . I did some research myself after six years of sobriety . This disease has a progression as you know..I too was at the jumping off place.I was unable to stop drnking and drugging for 10 yrs , alot of pain .When I again surrendered to the simple program I began to turn my feelings and my life around . It works ! Going to a meeting sounds like a great start to me ! Prayers ^ Trish
Old 07-15-2004, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome!

As you've seen you have a lot of support here. But you must find a means of support in your area as you well know. Most can't do this alone. When you've finally had enough, when your tired of it controlling you you'll make the decision to quit. It can be done, just look around here, miracles in progress everyday! *hugs*
Old 07-25-2004, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've got a lot to live and fight for. Like they all said, join the club again, don't give up and just do it. You know it's always hard in the beginning, especially after a relapse, but you never lost all that sobriety time you had under your belt. It's still yours; Just take it back.
Good luck!