Growth ...

Old 06-12-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Growth ...

In recovery and the prolonged period of sobriety, I realise that it is and is till doing, providing growth in my personal being and in my very existence. Changing my outlook on the world and all the people and things that surround me in a much more positive and spiritual manner. Which at times is breathtaking in it's very being...

What is amazing is the tenacity of some of those around me to hang on to the person I once was, presumably because they're still wrapped up in their own selfish, irresponsible, self destructive lives, to busy pursuing their own lusts and desires....not necessarily involving alcohol.

Whilst failing to realize or accept that as there as only one universe, there is only one person in it, me. This not aid in a selfish way, for there is only one of all of us, no one can be us or lead our lives for us.

That said, if 'like attracts like', I know if I stay calm, clear and bright and try , as I do to make spiritual progress in an honest, open hearted way. I will attract those other people and things to me. Who will not only welcome the personal change and growth in me, for simply being the person I am, not s others wish me to be...

This growth allows me to find, recognize and be my true self, just as I am meant to be, in the company of others who are themselves on the same journey...leaving those people and things, including alcohol behind.

That's growth, and that's a positive and constructive recovery means to me.

One day at a time, whilst trying to make spiritual progress ... as for the 'one' thing, it's a 'selfish programme', right!