Day 17 - no desire to drink

Old 09-12-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 17 - no desire to drink

I'm finishing up day 17 and it was the first day I had no desire to drink. In fact I didn't think of alcohol until late and my only thought was excitement that it hasn't even crossed my mind. I know every day won't be like this but it was a joy to have a day free of the obsession !
Old 09-12-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Great progress Renarde !!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Renarde, Yea for you! I'm happy to hear it. It gets easier.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That was wonderful to read! It keeps getting better.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

This is very inspiring. Thanks Renarde
Old 09-18-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you guys! Autan, I'm almost to day 24 and really it has been getting easier every day.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Renarde, I'm back here on the boards at sr after leaving for a few months. I'm back at day 2 again. I'm so happy for you and i know how great that feeling is... i've been there before. I hate to be a stick in the mud or burst your bubble, but just remember, don't get complacent in your sobriety. Keep coming here even when you think you don't need to. Keep posting and keep reading your earlier posts, they will help keep you on track. I have searched long and hard to find out why I keep going back to the booze and I have realised that the things I've just said to you are the things I will do differently this time in order to stay the course. Good luck, so happy for you, you can do it and so can I.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flujays View Post
Hi Renarde, I'm back here on the boards at sr after leaving for a few months. I'm back at day 2 again. I'm so happy for you and i know how great that feeling is... i've been there before. I hate to be a stick in the mud or burst your bubble, but just remember, don't get complacent in your sobriety. Keep coming here even when you think you don't need to. Keep posting and keep reading your earlier posts, they will help keep you on track. I have searched long and hard to find out why I keep going back to the booze and I have realised that the things I've just said to you are the things I will do differently this time in order to stay the course. Good luck, so happy for you, you can do it and so can I.
I'm sorry I missed this post earlier! You are right, and becoming complacent and letting it sneak up on me is one of my fears.

I'm on day 99 and I feel so good. I very rarely have cravings and I feel stronger than I ever have. I make it a point to focus on my recovery every day, whether I am chatting with others on SR, reading a recovery-focused book, or taking care of myself. Recovery is great.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

We have the same recovery date - in fact, I did not know we were on day 99 - thanks and congratulations.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

That's really good.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

This is really great news .
For some reason the obsession is lifted immediately or almost immediately for some (like you and I) while others can trudge on for years. I know you will make the most of it
Old 12-04-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
We have the same recovery date - in fact, I did not know we were on day 99 - thanks and congratulations.
Yay! We can celebrate tomorrow!

Thank you guys very much!

Carlotta, I feel so fortunate that it lifted. I feel that a big part of it is that I am just so ready to be done. I didn't have any ambivalence anymore - I couldn't, because my liver pain was proof that there was a problem, no matter how many plates I could juggle.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Renarde, day 99 is FANTASTIC, congratulations. Rootin for ya.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good for you bud! I also just had to go through the PAWS and healing. I had drunk ten times my fill and was done when I checked myself into a week ling hospital detox with a follow on live in rehab. After a few days of being baby sat when I was finally free, I realized I was taking up a bed someone might need a lot more than me. I did use AA for three months and here for sober friends and to pay back some of the little help from my friends I got.

Three years now. You don't have to ever go back or crave again save playing fools games trying to go back. I'm not ever going back. I haven't drank my fill of diet cokes, and other diet of sugar filled lip smacking liquids. Congrats!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober since March 21, 2013

Way to go Renarde, and jdooner!

Will be 101 days for both of you by the time you read this.