What is recovery?

Old 05-17-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is recovery?

For me it says it best on page 275.... I'll let you read it... A way of life.....
Old 06-02-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Page 275 of what? :0)
Old 06-02-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm assuming page 275 of the BB? Grandpa, it appears you're new here, not everyone here uses AA as their recovery tool, so if you're referring to a particular text it would help us if you named it.

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

275 of what?
I am still unsure and the BB was brought up, that is not something i choose to follow anyway.
What is a better definition?
recovery |riˈkəvərē|
noun ( pl. recoveries )
1 a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength: signs of recovery in the housing market | he's back at home now and he looks all set to make a full recovery .
2 the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost: a team of salvage experts to ensure the recovery of family possessions | the recovery of his sight.
• the action of regaining or securing compensation or money lost or spent by means of a legal process or subsequent profits: debt recovery.
• an object or amount of money recovered: the recoveries included gold jewelry.
• the process of removing or extracting an energy source or industrial chemical for use, reuse, or waste treatment.
• (also recovery shot )Golf a stroke bringing the ball from the rough or from a hazard back onto the fairway or the green.
• Football an act of taking possession of a fumbled ball.
• (in rowing, cycling, or swimming) the action of returning the paddle, leg, or arm to its initial position ready to make a new stroke.

Maybe the above is 275?
Old 06-09-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The longer I stay sober the more I recover. I recover my health, self esteem, family relationships, etc. I also uncover alot too!, such as courage when I am fearful, and a whole new me!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by GrampaTrick View Post
What is recovery?
After I had a Spiritual Awakening that removed from me the obsession to drink - root and branch. I "RECOVERED" the same attitude toward alcohol that I had as a child. It means no more to me now than it did when I was 5 years old and did not even know what it tasted like.